post #361 of 4648 Old 01-12-2006, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCypher View Post

OK, i've answered 2 of my questions...

2. DVI->HDMI produces a stunning picture. Went from "wow, that's a great picture" to "OMG! That's amazing." However, you are limited to "standard" hd resolutions. I settled on 1280x720. Just slightly overscanned which doesn't bother me at all - no unused part of the display, so no worries about strange burn-in.

Jeff

Earlier in this thread cpcat mentions successful native rate input from a lumagen with very specific timings and others mentioned direct confirmation from NEC support that it is possible to input native rate via HDMI. Perhpas it's a problem with getting the right settings with your video card or as your running DVI-HDMI perhaps the HDMI interface doesn't support native rate when the HDMI is running in DVI compatability mode... ( a more concerning issue for HTPC users)

Can anyone test or verify this?

/Rob
possible soon to be XR5 orderer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 4648 Old 01-12-2006, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCypher View Post

2. DVI->HDMI produces a stunning picture. Went from "wow, that's a great picture" to "OMG! That's amazing." However, you are limited to "standard" hd resolutions. I settled on 1280x720. Just slightly overscanned which doesn't bother me at all - no unused part of the display, so no worries about strange burn-in.

---

Jeff

Native resolution (1365 x 768) is easy via HDMI on this display as is 1:1 mapping. Here's an excerpt from my earlier post:

Well, I've been "working" hard all day.

I found that 1:1 mapping was a snap. I was making it too hard. Here are the timings (obtained from NEC secondhand) via Lumagen VisionHDP through HDMI:

VTOT 788 HTOT 1526
VACT 768 HACT 1365
VSYN 4 HSYN 50
VFRN 4 HFRN 51

V freq. 60.00 Hz
H freq. 47.20 Hz

Make sure RGB select in setup menu is set to "auto"
Disable orbiting in PDP saver menu
Set image adjust values all to zero.
That's it. Double check signal info in the menu and it should read 1365 x 768 and memory 18.

V-line and H-line patterns via the Lumagen test patterns are perfect one-pixel rows.
post #363 of 4648 Old 01-12-2006, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcat View Post

Native resolution (1365 x 768) is easy via HDMI on this display as is 1:1 mapping.

This statement contradicts what is documented. Please pages En-2, En-3, and En-4 in the Model Information document (link to PDF below.)

For HDMI the document only lists the standard resolutions (page En-2.) For RGB input (via the RGB DB connecter I presume,) it lists myriad other video modes and timings (pages En-3, En-4.)

Do you have some inside information from NEC to corroborate your HDMI results? Is it possible the output from your scaler is being re-scaled by the set without your knowledge?

http://www.necvisualsystems.com/Docu...ion/50XR5A.pdf

[eom]

-[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
]-
post #364 of 4648 Old 01-12-2006, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersbk View Post

This statement contradicts what is documented. Please pages En-2, En-3, and En-4 in the Model Information document (link to PDF below.)

For HDMI the document only lists the standard resolutions (page En-2.) For RGB input (via the RGB DB connecter I presume,) it lists myriad other video modes and timings (pages En-3, En-4.)

Do you have some inside information from NEC to corroborate your HDMI results? Is it possible the output from your scaler is being re-scaled by the set without your knowledge?

http://www.necvisualsystems.com/Docu...ion/50XR5A.pdf

[eom]

Hmmm. Not quite sure how to respond to that. Maybe a copy of an email I received from NEC will help to convince you:

Charles,

Hi Charles, Thank you for conta contacting NEC! In regards to your inquiry the 50XR5 will accept the 1365x768 on the HDMI inputs. Also, the 50XM5 and 61XM4 will accept 1365x768 on the DVI input as well. Best Regards NEC VSD Customer Service/Technical Support 1-800-836-0655

Thank You,
NEC Visual Systems Support Team

To access your support request online, click on this link: http://www.necvsd.com/supporttracker...?track_id=5367
post #365 of 4648 Old 01-12-2006, 03:52 PM

Quote:

Hmmm. Not quite sure how to respond to that. Maybe a copy of an email I received from NEC will help to convince you:

Charles,

Hi Charles, Thank you for conta contacting NEC! In regards to your inquiry the 50XR5 will accept the 1365x768 on the HDMI inputs. Also, the 50XM5 and 61XM4 will accept 1365x768 on the DVI input as well. Best Regards NEC VSD Customer Service/Technical Support 1-800-836-0655

Thank You,
NEC Visual Systems Support Team

To access your support request online, click on this link: http://www.necvsd.com/supporttracker...?track_id=5367

No, it's not that I needed "convincing". I am questioning what really happens, of course based on "consumer" documentation, as I don't have this display (...yet...)

It's curious that their published documentation does not indicate the panel's native resolution as a supported input format over HDMI. Based on your response from NEC, and your hands-on experience, it's clear that the display works with this setting.

[eom]

-[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
]-
post #366 of 4648 Old 01-12-2006, 05:01 PM

^^^Sorry, but I don't understand what you guys are discussing. What is the issue with HDMI? If it has the input what is the issue with connecting HDMI sources?
post #367 of 4648 Old 01-12-2006, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by essogas View Post

^^^Sorry, but I don't understand what you guys are discussing. What is the issue with HDMI? If it has the input what is the issue with connecting HDMI sources?

No issues with HDMI that I've found on this panel.

What we are discussing is whether the panel will accept it's native resolution. Digital displays have a native pixel resolution based on the physical pixel count which makes up the panel. For the 50 inch XR5, this is 1365 pixels horizontal by 768 pixels vertical or 1365 x 768.

Feeding the panel native resolution makes it more a passive participant and doesn't require the panel to "scale" the signal. Scaling involves converting the input resolution (eg. 1080i) to match the native resolution of the panel. This is required for all signals when displayed on a digital display. Even 480i (standard old TV resolution) will be scaled to 1365 x 768 and progressively displayed. You can also call this "768p". You could be even more precise and say "768p(60)" which means that an image with 768 lines vertical resolution is displayed at 60 Hz or 60 times per second.

If the scaling done outside the display is of higher quality, this can produce a superior image. This is where external scalers/processors such as the Lumagen VisionHDP, DVDO VP30, NEC TheaterSync, HD Leeza, Algolith Dragonfly, etc. come into play. This can also be done via HTPC (home theater PC) and video card.
post #368 of 4648 Old 01-12-2006, 05:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Canuck View Post

Dave,

Would you happen to know the web site address for Mustang mounts?

Dave

www.mustangav.com These are more or less rebadged Omni mounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeJR View Post

I was able to use my existing Sanus VMPL2 mount with this unit. I like this mount since it is one of the lower profile models out there so that the TV matches the depth of my Mythos speakers.

The NEC has quite a bit of flexibility to accomodate many mounts

NEC's have a different bolt pattern than most panels, therefor not all universal mounts will work with these units. Like the Sanus VMPL will not work with this panel for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebramidge View Post

other than frame, warranty and inputs, are the 50xm5 and 50xr5 identical (glass, guts, etc.)?

a dealmaker for nec over panny displays is the nec's reputation for reliability and performance at elevation. this is important for anyone living above 6400' in elevation (or anyone who may be moving to a higher elevation).

The XM and the XR are the same basic unit and use the same glass. The inputs are differnt therefor altering the "guts" somewhat.

The NEC are high alititude plasma's and are good up to at least 9840 feet.

Forum Sponsor // \\

1-866-651-0049 // \\

/
/

/

/
post #369 of 4648 Old 01-12-2006, 07:01 PM

hi, i was wondering if anyone who has one of the new 50xr5's also looked at the pioneer 5060? i am debating between the two, and any feedback or comparison between these 2 panels would be greatly appreciated.
post #370 of 4648 Old 01-12-2006, 08:11 PM

Quote:

What we are discussing is whether the panel will accept it's native resolution. Digital displays have a native pixel resolution based on the physical pixel count which makes up the panel. For the 50 inch XR5, this is 1365 pixels horizontal by 768 pixels vertical or 1365 x 768.

Feeding the panel native resolution makes it more a passive participant and doesn't require the panel to "scale" the signal. Scaling involves converting the input resolution (eg. 1080i) to match the native resolution of the panel. This is required for all signals when displayed on a digital display. Even 480i (standard old TV resolution) will be scaled to 1365 x 768 and progressively displayed. You can also call this "768p". You could be even more precise and say "768p(60)" which means that an image with 768 lines vertical resolution is displayed at 60 Hz or 60 times per second.

If the scaling done outside the display is of higher quality, this can produce a superior image. This is where external scalers/processors such as the Lumagen VisionHDP, DVDO VP30, NEC TheaterSync, HD Leeza, Algolith Dragonfly, etc. come into play. This can also be done via HTPC (home theater PC) and video card.

Thanks for the clariifcation, but does this mean I need an external scaler box to get the ULTIMATE image? Is the internal one not enough? Is it even debatable which is better? If there is a debate, chances are there is little to no difference, just like monster video cables vs. something much cheaper.
post #371 of 4648 Old 01-12-2006, 10:03 PM

Quote:

Native resolution (1365 x 768) is easy via HDMI on this display as is 1:1 mapping. Here's an excerpt from my earlier post:

Well, I've been "working" hard all day.

I found that 1:1 mapping was a snap. I was making it too hard. Here are the timings (obtained from NEC secondhand) via Lumagen VisionHDP through HDMI:

VTOT 788 HTOT 1526
VACT 768 HACT 1365
VSYN 4 HSYN 50
VFRN 4 HFRN 51

V freq. 60.00 Hz
H freq. 47.20 Hz

Make sure RGB select in setup menu is set to "auto"
Disable orbiting in PDP saver menu
Set image adjust values all to zero.
That's it. Double check signal info in the menu and it should read 1365 x 768 and memory 18.

V-line and H-line patterns via the Lumagen test patterns are perfect one-pixel rows.

Hmmm... I am glad you got this to work! However, i tried these settings and the monitor won't sync... ugh.

Here are my actual powerstrip settings:

PowerStrip timing parameters:
1365x768=1365,51,50,60,768,4,4,12,72149,33

Generic timing details for 1365x768:
HFP=51 HSW=50 HBP=60 kHz=47 VFP=4 VSW=4 VBP=12 Hz=60

VESA detailed timing details:
PClk=72149.00 H.Active=1365 H.Blank=161 H.Offset=35 HSW=50 V.Active=768 V.Blank=20 V.Offset=4 VSW=4

Linux modeline parameters:
"1365x768" 72.149 1365 1416 1466 1526 768 772 776 788 +hsync +vsync

What's interesting is that when i switch to this video mode, the panel sees it ok (shows 1365x768 memory 18), but no image will display. I tried putting it in standby, then taking it out of standby, but no luck. FYI - I'm doing this from a HTPC w/ an NVIDIA 6600GT DVI -> HDMI.

Who did you talk to to get these settings?

Thanks,
Jeff
post #372 of 4648 Old 01-12-2006, 10:50 PM

I received my 50xr5 yesterday, but I am having a hard time mounting it as I can't find the proper mounting bolts to use with the Sanus Plasma stand as per NEC spec sheet.

My question is do they make M4 X 14 bolts or this just a typo? I do have M4 x 12 bolts. Will using these compromise the installation. I don't want to take any chances.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
post #373 of 4648 Old 01-13-2006, 01:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Can you explain what you mean by scaling with a graphics card? I have an ATI 9600XT card with DVI. To get NR do i use VGA or DVI? If i'm using a Comcast HD STB and a PC connection, what is doing the scaling? Obviously i'd rather have the TV or PC do it but how would i bypass the STB hooked up thru component?
post #374 of 4648 Old 01-13-2006, 03:07 AM

The pixel pitch of the 42XR4 is different from the 50XR5 and 61XR4. You'd expect the pitch to be different, but what about the "shape"?

42XR4 - 0.900mm X 0.671mm ( rectangular )
50XR5 - 0.810mm X 0.810mm ( square )
61XR4 - 0.990mm X 0.990mm ( square )

What effect will this have on the picture quality? Uneducated opinion is that the picture quality won't be as good.
post #375 of 4648 Old 01-13-2006, 04:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by svniron View Post

I received my 50xr5 yesterday, but I am having a hard time mounting it as I can't find the proper mounting bolts to use with the Sanus Plasma stand as per NEC spec sheet.

My question is do they make M4 X 14 bolts or this just a typo? I do have M4 x 12 bolts. Will using these compromise the installation. I don't want to take any chances.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

As I have noted not all universal mounts fit the NEC displays. In a case like this it sounds like they did not include the proper bolts.

NEC 50XR5 Installation Guide Here

First off there are two ways to mount this plasma to a universal mount. Using 8 4M bolts or using 4 8M bolts. When a mount allows I would use the 4 8M bolts.

According to page 4 of 9 on the PDF above, the bolts should be 8 of the 4M bolts and the hole depth is 14 M. Meaning that if the mount is lets say 3 M thick you will need a 16M bolt to use all the threads,or just about. If you find you are in a tough spot a longer bolt and a build up of washers will due. These diagrams are for specific NEC mounts, as you scroll through the PDF NEC has there specific mounts there. To use someone elses mount requires a little leg work in some cases including the possibility of running to the store and buying the right bolts.

The rule of thumb when using a universal mount on any brand TV:

First, do not force any bolts as they should thread in nice and easy. Second, when you can put the part that mounts to plasma up against it and thread in bolts and make sure they are not to long and not to short. Third, when there is a problem or general questions call the Tech support for that brand you have chosen, if they do not offer tech support you may be on your own.

In this case you have chosen an excellent manufacturer for the Plasma display and mount who both have tech support at 1-800-284-4484 (NEC) and 1-800- 359-5520 (Sanus).

Forum Sponsor // \\

1-866-651-0049 // \\

/
/

/

/
post #376 of 4648 Old 01-13-2006, 05:20 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the clariifcation, but does this mean I need an external scaler box to get the ULTIMATE image? Is the internal one not enough? Is it even debatable which is better? If there is a debate, chances are there is little to no difference, just like monster video cables vs. something much cheaper.

I don't think this is what cpcat was saying. In fact, reading his other posts, I think he came to the conclusion that the scaler in the NEC might be even better than his external scaler. But, I don't want to put words in his mouth, so I'll let him answer that.

On another note, cpcat I think your right about the mid color temp for HD. It just seems to give it a bit more pop while still keeping skintones and images realistic. I've kept the settings I had for my dvd the same for now, as I like the film like picture it gives me, but I think my HD looks best with the following.

48 - Contrast
25 - Brightness
30 - Color
32 - Tint
Mid Color Temp (default gain and bias settings)
Theatre 1 Pic Mode
Gamma 2.2
Low Tone Auto
Pedestal 0
post #377 of 4648 Old 01-13-2006, 08:22 AM
DAB
AVS Special Member

It's interesting I have found that on [Comcast] HD the Component & the HDMI cables setting appear to be the same in a darker environment. However, with SD the HDMI is superior.
Reflection- Bright room. Our living room is bright {glass brick windows} in the day there is some reflection when the viewing angle reflect the windows, but with the wall area is neutral (little/no reflection). I have no other plasma experience in this room for anti-glare issue. I am very happy with the over all performance of the xr5.
One Q? I do have: Memory setting, there are 6. However, if you switch from say Component to HDMI input. Do we get another set of 6 memory settings? So, if not, then some of the memory settings will have to be Component{dvd} and some Cable HDMI settings.
I will post some pictures up this weekend.
db
post #378 of 4648 Old 01-13-2006, 10:48 AM

Is there any way to stretch 2.35:1 dvd movies to full screen? It looks like it is possible in the manual, but when scrolling through the stretch modes, I can't get a full screen (always end up with black bars on top and bottom). I'm connecting the DVD directly to the xr5 via hdmi at 480P (or 720P or 1080i)...

I'm in my break-in period, so I want to keep the screen filled at all times, but would love to watch some 2.35:1 dvds
post #379 of 4648 Old 01-13-2006, 12:03 PM

Assuming your DVD player is set to 16:9 then I believe that 2.35 mode will zoom the image so that it fills the screen and side information is lost. This seems to be what happens on mine though I only received and hooked it up last night and haven't had a chance to play it. I wanted to get a jump on break-in so it's sitting on the floor with a 16:9 DVD looping. By the time I am able to get it mounted I will be over the initial 100 hour break-in and will calibrate the picture.
post #380 of 4648 Old 01-13-2006, 12:36 PM

The manual for these panels states:

Quote:

HOW LONG IS THE WARRANTY
Parts and Labor: Parts and Labor (Excluding the PDP) are warranted for (3) years from the data of the first customer purchase.
PDP (Plasma Display Panel): The PDP is warranted for (1) year from the date of the first customer purchase.

That doesn't sound like a 3 year warrenty to me. That sounds like 1 year panel and 3 year electronics.

The claims others have made in this thread of a 3 year warrenty seem misleading. The warrenty also has no mention of onsite support. It seems like carry in support.

If I'm wrong about this please show me a document that states otherwise.
post #381 of 4648 Old 01-13-2006, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doopstr2 View Post

The warrenty also has no mention of onsite support. It seems like carry in support.

I sent an e-mail to Visual Apex asking this question specifically, as well as the terms of the optional extended warranty.

Their answer:

"The 3yr is in home service, The extended warranty is also in home
service and starts after the manufacturers warranty.

The extended warranty also covers surge protection."
post #382 of 4648 Old 01-13-2006, 12:51 PM

Warranty is definitely In-home. I belive you are correct in that the panel is only warranted for 1 yr. and everything else is 3 yrs. However, if you buy the plasma with a good cc you they will extend the 1yr portion, in essence giving you 2 yrs on the panel and still getting 3 yrs on everything else.
post #383 of 4648 Old 01-13-2006, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm still trying to figure out which I prefer. You can rest assured the NEC internal scaling is top notch.
post #384 of 4648 Old 01-13-2006, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doopstr2 View Post

The manual for these panels states:

That doesn't sound like a 3 year warrenty to me. That sounds like 1 year panel and 3 year electronics.

The claims others have made in this thread of a 3 year warrenty seem misleading. The warrenty also has no mention of onsite support. It seems like carry in support.

It's the best warranty offered by any pdp manufacturer. Fujitsu offers exactly the same warranty. Shop around a bit and you'll see.

You can believe it or not, Ripley. Doesn't much matter to me.
post #385 of 4648 Old 01-13-2006, 04:02 PM

Hi again. I got to see a 2 year old NEC 50" Plasma today but didn't get the model #. Anyway, I liked what I saw very much even for a two year old panel. It was not calibrated and the only source I got to test were DVD's. One thing I was concerned about was the noticable lacking of blackness. It was dark grey on even the darkest scenes of Gladiator.

I'm sure the current XR5A is better, but I wonder by how much? I really wonder how it compares to say the black levels of the Pioneer? I know people say that Panasonics have the best blacks out there but I just have to down right disagree with this notion. In my world Pioneers rule all and perhaps the new NEC's are as good? For 2K less I think I can live with inferior blacks, to a degree, but can some of you owners comment on the subjective black level quality and make me feel better?
post #386 of 4648 Old 01-13-2006, 04:26 PM

From necvisualsystems website:

Warranty Service

Whenever possible NEC Solutions (America), Inc. attempts to repair defective peripheral products rather than replace them. Customers should follow the appropriate steps outlined below to initiate a warranty service.

Repair:

Contact the product specific 1-800 # associated with the defective peripheral product. The customer must have the model #, serial # and original proof-of-purchase ready. The helpful technical service and support staff will attempt to correct any minor issues that might be causing the product failure. If the technical service and support representative is unable to fix the issue, the support representative will locate the nearest NEC Authorized Service Center for you to take the unit in for service.

If the unit is under warranty, the NEC Authorized Service Center will require the original proof of purchase to obtain the warranty service.

Sounds to me like warranty service is not provided on site.
post #387 of 4648 Old 01-13-2006, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw7a View Post

hi, i was wondering if anyone who has one of the new 50xr5's also looked at the pioneer 5060? i am debating between the two, and any feedback or comparison between these 2 panels would be greatly appreciated.

You should know that the 5060 is a full-function tv that includes tuner(s) and speakers, whereas the NEC is a monitor with no built-in tuner or speakers. The NEC has a longer warranty and two HDMI inputs whereas the Pio has both a shorter warranty period and only one HDMI. The NEC will accept its native rate via HDMI, but I think the Pio does not. The Pio may come complete with a table stand; the NEC does not, but NEC makes one for extra cost. Both are great panels made in the same factory. We think the NEC electronics are unique to NEC despite the common origin, and probably the glass for the two plasmas is different also. You could not go wrong with either product. I own the NEC and have seen the 5060 many times in stores; side by side you probably would not see much difference in PQ on high quality source material. The NEC may have slightly better internal scaling and deinterlacing, so on some material, e.g., SD, the NEC may have an edge, but this is pure guesswork.
post #388 of 4648 Old 01-13-2006, 04:58 PM

Quote:

Hi again. I got to see a 2 year old NEC 50" Plasma today but didn't get the model #. Anyway, I liked what I saw very much even for a two year old panel. It was not calibrated and the only source I got to test were DVD's. One thing I was concerned about was the noticable lacking of blackness. It was dark grey on even the darkest scenes of Gladiator.

I'm sure the current XR5A is better, but I wonder by how much? I really wonder how it compares to say the black levels of the Pioneer? I know people say that Panasonics have the best blacks out there but I just have to down right disagree with this notion. In my world Pioneers rule all and perhaps the new NEC's are as good? For 2K less I think I can live with inferior blacks, to a degree, but can some of you owners comment on the subjective black level quality and make me feel better?

An excerpt from my post from 2 days ago: One Hidef channel was an interview with dark background, so got immediate opportunity to examine black behavior. Solid blacks, though with decent detail. As some have said, brightness and contrast need to be lowered a bit, but color rendition seemed spot on. Session with AVIA pending.

I haven't done much HD viewing since. Doing breakin mostly with analog cable feed, zoomed to eliminate logos. The breakin instructions suggest avoiding large/abrupt constrast variations within the picture...xactly what you'd get with HD. Plus I had to juryrig my OTA feed to the TV (for now) to get the HD. Still experimenting with AVIA and DVDs as well. To this point everything I've seen on this plasma indicates solid black levels with decent detail. As I noted in same posting, the overall PQ on this NEC is definitely in the ballpark with the Fuji which I studied closely.
post #389 of 4648 Old 01-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have had the 42Xr4 in my home for an hour thus far - I hooked it up to dvd and HD cable and am using CPCat's settings until I have time to calibrate it properly. The colors are gorgeous, blacks are black, no dead pixels... The stand is very nice...

I have to publicly compliment Chris from Cleveland Plasma on his excellent customer service. Every step of the way, I knew that I was "more than a number" to Chris - unlike the situation with some other online vendors. In short, a very good buying experience.
post #390 of 4648 Old 01-13-2006, 05:06 PM

I think the 5060 actually has 2 HDMI inputs.

Has anyone received any of the new NEC 42 inch plasmas yet? If so how are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmarkoff View Post

You should know that the 5060 is a full-function tv that includes tuner(s) and speakers, whereas the NEC is a monitor with no built-in tuner or speakers. The NEC has a longer warranty and two HDMI inputs whereas the Pio has both a shorter warranty period and only one HDMI. The NEC will accept its native rate via HDMI, but I think the Pio does not. The Pio may come complete with a table stand; the NEC does not, but NEC makes one for extra cost. Both are great panels made in the same factory. We think the NEC electronics are unique to NEC despite the common origin, and probably the glass for the two plasmas is different also. You could not go wrong with either product. I own the NEC and have seen the 5060 many times in stores; side by side you probably would not see much difference in PQ on high quality source material. The NEC may have slightly better internal scaling and deinterlacing, so on some material, e.g., SD, the NEC may have an edge, but this is pure guesswork.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Harman Kardon Avr 235 7 1 Channel Audio Video Surround Receiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page