Originally Posted by DidHeFocus
Use your actual zip code on both the TV and the Pal, not the fake one from the manual.
You're probably fine leaving your antenna cabling the way it is, but connect the pal to video 1 also using composite out from the Pal.
In the TVGOS setup: set to cable box in video 1. G-link cable connected, Scientific Atlanta code 085, antenna on antenna 2.
That's my settings, it works well, except for my guide data going away about once a week or so and coming back on its own within a day. The message it gives says it is getting new guide data due to my changes. Of course, I didn't make any changes.
Hope that helps, let us know your results.
This is not working for me. On Sunday, I set the TV and DTVPal as follows:
1. The antenna is split with one half going to the DTVPal and the other half to the TV antenna 2 input.
2. The DTVPal is now connected to the TV via the Video 1 input (antenna 1 is no longer connected).
3. GLink is connected from TV to DTVPal.
On Monday I had no data. I assumed I set something wrong, so on Monday, I did the following:
1. Reset the TV to factory defaults.
2. In TVGOS setup, set cable input with cable box, Scientific Atlanta, on video 1. Antenna on antenna 2. I used my zip code.
3. On Pal, I set my zip code and put in TVGOS mode.
Again today, I have no TVGOS data.
Can anyone see what I am doing wrong? Before, I had the same setup, but with the DTVPal connected to anntenna 1 input, and received data but only for the cable box and not for antenna 2.