I am in the market for a BIG display 60+ for my home theatre and my dealer (Pioneer/Elite) is offering me the 1410HD for a decent deal ($7XXX, installed w/mount). But he too just came back from the Pioneer meeting in California and said there will be a new 60" coming out in the Fall, and the Elite version will be out prob close to end of the year.
Since I got store credit with him and plus I have zero TV in my house, I am eager to get one ASAP. But with this recent news, I am wondering if I should just wait for the new 60". If so, maybe I should get a current 50" (1130 or 5060) for my theatre for now, then when the 60" comes out, buy that and move the "older" 50" to my family room.
Do you think now is really a BAD TIMING to get the 1410HD? even at a decent price? Anyone know how much the new 60" will cost? (My dealer is saying MSRP approx. $6000 for the Pioneer version, and maybe $7000 for Elite).
No, he was not able to see any working displays at the meeting, so he wasn't able to tell me how much the new 60" has improved over the older 61"