AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

? about your wall mounted plasma

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ericp 
#1 ·
I've got a 50" Panasonic wallmounted using the Peerless flat mount (SF-660). I used a flashlight to look behind the TV and noticed that the upper corners of the mount are slighly pulled from the wall. Nothing drastic, but I'm guessing you could slide a baseball card between the mount and wall.

Is this normal? Are the mounts designed to give a little?

It's just the edges and not where the screws go into the wall/studs. Anyway, I was a little surprised given that the TV is only half of the rated load (up to 200lbs.).

#2 ·
Is it possible the mount was not 'flat' or not perfectly straight before it was installed?

#5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSooner
Is it possible the mount was not 'flat' or not perfectly straight before it was installed?
The real question is....what wall on this planet is flat? I am sure it is the wall and not the mount!! If you KNOW you hit the studs, no worries!

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by the juggernaut
I know that I hit the studs. The other side of the wall is attic space, so I was able to inspect the studs after I drilled in the screws.
I would take the plasma down and inspect the mount. Not worth the risk otherwise

Reggie

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.