AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitachi 55HDS69 or a New Panasonic TH-50PH9UK?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Monocotman 
#1 ·
Getting ready to make the ultimate purchase! But I can't decide whether to purchase the Hitachi 55HDS69 for it obvious large screen and great picture or do I wait for the Panasonic TH-50PH9UK to hit the market to see if its as great as its said to be? I have been a Hitachi owner for years and love the product. But after reading review after review on Panasonic it seems to be in the for front. Can anyone give me some advice or some positives or negatives to consider.

#3 ·
Please keep in mind this forum is dominated by Panasonic Fan Base as they control 40% of PDP market as they do have the numbers that can overwhelm the input of others here. Don't be a sheep and follow the herd unless you have been able to do that evaluation with your own eyes and what pleases YOU! I made that mistake last year and had to sell the Panny at a $500 loss as a result. It burned my ass that I followed the advice of others on this forum rather than trusting my own preferences.

I'm not saying you'll necessarily have the same experience but stop and think as you so far have informed us

"I have been a Hitachi owner for years and love the product".

I would say do a test run (or several) to make sure Hitachi has removed color banding that was reported last year and take your time in viewing the Panny objectively - One of several things that I found unacceptable about the Panny 500U were the DIRTY whites that can either have a gray of yellow look as important as black is I feel Panny filters in the panel to get those blacks that the whites which provides contrast really can SUCK! I was used to brilliant whites of an LCD FP and an SXRD and I found those dirty whites unacceptable along with the reflections and washed out panel in a sunny room. I do like the Hitachi also and 5" can make a difference but also you have the Pio 6070 also you may want to consider. I'm not telling you not to consider the Panny - my advice is to make sure it's a decision that's based upon your own viewing preference and environ instead of a bunch of pied pipers spouting their own bias regardless of what panel it is.Weigh what we have to say but use your own gray matter that says "Buy Me" in your decision.

You want to feel buyers remorse just follow the herd like a sheep in defiance of your personal preference and you'll be kicking yourself in the arse. Your eyes your money! Trust your own eyes not the opinion of others unless they match yours.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.