Plasma screen burn in? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-06-2006, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am not to familiar with plasma screens, mainly use my projector or rptv for watching movies. Im thinking about getting a plasma in the bedroom the 50" Vizio most likely, and Im a little worried about burn in. Like I said I watch mostly movies with the black bars on the top and bottom and some satv with the bars on the sides, is my fear rational? How bad is the chance of this happening during a 4 hour period? Do I have to lower the contrast to the point of the picture looking washed out to avoid burn in? Does any one out there have any direct experience with burn in on the Vizio model 50"? Thanks for any help you can give.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-06-2006, 08:04 PM

Liked: 22
"Do I have to lower the contrast to the point of the picture looking washed out to avoid burn in?"

Really, you only need to do this for the first 100/200 hours or so. I'm not familiar with Vizio but I did the break-in with my Panny and I've seen no IR yet and I play video games for hours with HUDs and haven't seen IR at all. This thread contains all the info you could want (it'll take awhile to wade through it! :)

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=608677

PSN ID: thebigkahuna1
post #3 of 3 Old 07-06-2006, 09:08 PM

Liked: 10
Just adjust the picture so the movie fills the screen all of the way. Then you can do whatever you want with the contrast and brightness. Especially if all you do is watch movies jsut for the first month or two then you can do whatever you want.
Closed Thread Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page