AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma screen burn in?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  kbuckner007 
#1 ·
I am not to familiar with plasma screens, mainly use my projector or rptv for watching movies. Im thinking about getting a plasma in the bedroom the 50" Vizio most likely, and Im a little worried about burn in. Like I said I watch mostly movies with the black bars on the top and bottom and some satv with the bars on the sides, is my fear rational? How bad is the chance of this happening during a 4 hour period? Do I have to lower the contrast to the point of the picture looking washed out to avoid burn in? Does any one out there have any direct experience with burn in on the Vizio model 50"? Thanks for any help you can give.

#2 ·
"Do I have to lower the contrast to the point of the picture looking washed out to avoid burn in?"

Really, you only need to do this for the first 100/200 hours or so. I'm not familiar with Vizio but I did the break-in with my Panny and I've seen no IR yet and I play video games for hours with HUDs and haven't seen IR at all. This thread contains all the info you could want (it'll take awhile to wade through it! :)

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=608677

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.