If i want the best PQ out of regular cable television..i should go with plasma right? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-08-2006, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Plasma EDTV offer resolution of 852 x 480 and HDTV at 1024 x 768 .LCD offer resolution of 1366x768 and my old rear projection unit was having a resolution of 1280 x768..and ws displaying pretty crappy regular cable picture.

I want to buy a TV set 37 inch and up that will give me the best picture quality out of regular cable television and DVD's.I know someone who bought a sharp aquos 32 inch and he told me the PQ on regular cable is horrible.....i i dont want to touch LCD

So...by buying a ETDV plasma , do i make the best choice if i want the best television that can give me the best PQ out of regular television and DVD'S???I honestly dont care about HD television.I currently have a regular Tube television( a sony trinitron 32 inch) that display excellent regular cable signal, and i want the best 40 inch + television that will give me the same or close result for watching regular cable television.

Im targeting these two model:Prima (PS42T8) and Samsung S4212

Oh and last question.Is it true that the brigtness of a plasma become half brightness when at his half-life?( 30k hours) and do these model have burn-in??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-08-2006, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
New real time VPs can pump up digital SD to almost HD lite PQ:
CES: “During our demo at the Silicon Optix booth, we found the noise reduction employed in the Realta processor to be very dramatic and superior to others we have seen in the past. To put it plainly, the level of detail shown while using the HQV Realta was significant. Objects like bricks in a wall or leaves on a tree were incredibly sharp and detailed with no noticeable ringing or artifacting. These improvements in detail and noise reduction were quite significant attributes that should not be understated. "

This solution once cost $60K (Teranex 3RU Xantus system.) If interested, search for HQV.

Old SD should be getting pre-processed into HD lite before broadcast:
http://gear.ign.com/articles/701/701720p1.html

HD-DVD is dead, so now I'm a Gary McCoy fanboy.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-08-2006, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my armed redoubt deep in the mountains of northern Ohio
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifesfor
Plasma EDTV offer resolution of 852 x 480 and HDTV at 1024 x 768 .LCD offer resolution of 1366x768 and my old rear projection unit was having a resolution of 1280 x768..and ws displaying pretty crappy regular cable picture.

So...by buying a ETDV plasma , do i make the best choice if i want the best television that can give me the best PQ out of regular television and DVD'S???I honestly dont care about HD television.I currently have a regular Tube television( a sony trinitron 32 inch) that display excellent regular cable signal, and i want the best 40 inch + television that will give me the same or close result for watching regular cable television.

Im targeting these two model:Prima (PS42T8) and Samsung S4212

Oh and last question.Is it true that the brigtness of a plasma become half brightness when at his half-life?( 30k hours) and do these model have burn-in??

I have a panny EDTV Plasma (PD50). The SD PQ is equal to my excellent 36" Toshiba analog set ( when viewed at an equal distance).

DVD's look fantastic. What is counterintuitive is that I use a Toshiba upscaling DVD player...and 1080i upscaled throught DVI looks better than 480P on this panel. 480P-----1080i------back to 480P produces a superior picture to
480P-----480P. Weird but clearly true.

The half life of my panel is 60,000. Yes in theory pumping up the brightness at 60,000 will restore full brightness. The panel will probably be used as a card table by the time this is an issue.

42" in the dining room.
50" in the bedroom
80" in the living room

65" in the family room
106" in the family room

"There is another system"

Video Modes: SDTV-EDTV-XGA-HDTV-3D
All HD Modes: Blu Ray, HD DVD, DVHS

Closed Thread Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page