Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #2341 of 2349 Old 12-01-2006, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
In a recent press release from the CEA, they have decided to cut their projections of next generation media players from 600,000 units to a mere 200,000 units and are urging consumers not to partake in either format until the war has decided a clear cut winner
Its good to see that I'm in accord with a a major consumer electronics organization of the issue of blu-ray/hd-dvd fleecing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2342 of 2349 Old 12-01-2006, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow
Nothing wrong with an owners thread. Just remember, it will be confined to owners and questions to owners with regards to settings, etc..

It will not be given the same leeway, as far as back and forth, as this one has.;);)
An owner's thread sounds like an excellent idea.

(Note that I used the possessive case for one owner because we already know who will be doing 98% of the posting on that thread. ;) )

That will leave this thread's originator, Rich Harkness, and others interested in the set able to proceed without deflecting pages and pages of non-truths.
post #2343 of 2349 Old 12-01-2006, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnla
As for some people here pushing either HD DVD or Blu-Ray as being the one format to buy for the future. It's not a wise idea yet to declare either one as a safe bet! Even the Consumer Electronics Association says it's probably best to wait awhile yet

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/8167.cfm.

http://www.hdtvuk.tv/2006/11/consumer_electr.html
As an owner of players in both formats, I couldn't agree more. Those hi def movies sure look wonderful on a 1080p display, but only proceed if you've got some disposable income. If you absolutely need to dive in, renting the titles seems to be the wisest choice.
post #2344 of 2349 Old 12-01-2006, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sony
Well after talking to bay and bloor and the bank about getting the fhd1 I have not been able to get a financing deal so it looks like I won't be getting one of these till late 07 if I wanted it.

I just checked out best buy's sale and they have the Pioneer 5070 for half the price of the fhd1. I know that this is an excellent set but I really want 1080p. I remember D-Nice saying that the 5070 accepts a 1080p-24 signal then downconverts then upconverts to 1080p-72. I have no idea how that can actually work but I know that D-Nice is one of the most knowledgeable people here when it comes to Pionner.

I need some help. Should I go ahead and get the 5070 now or wait till june-july 07 to get the fhd1 or whatever tv interests me.

Btw, I just got a PS3 and I love it. I would really enjoy it with 1080p though. The blu-ray disk that came with it had terrible pq though. It looked exactly the same as a regular dvd, even if it was at 720p it should still look better. I just hope it's the disk.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated, and I thank all of you for posting so much info about this and other tv's, I have learned quite a bit from you guys. :)
MR. Sony dont give up hope yet..you are very young in your hometheater life and you went for the "gold" standard. I would wait and not lesser your standards. PS3 is
108op, all hdead-dvd playeres/blue ray players will be 1080p and what you dont want to get stuck with is something that is old news and inferior and be stuck with it for some time in the far future.
I hope there are many FHD1 challenges in your life whether you win or lose, but just remember what really is important....The biggest step in any journey is always the "First" one and you have taken it .... :)
post #2345 of 2349 Old 12-01-2006, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnla
As for some people here pushing either HD DVD or Blu-Ray as being the one format to buy for the future. It's not a wise idea yet to declare either one as a safe bet! Even the Consumer Electronics Association says it's probably best to wait awhile yet

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/8167.cfm.

http://www.hdtvuk.tv/2006/11/consumer_electr.html
You can in any side on any debate find Negitives". I call them "Chicken Littlle" becasue all they do is say" the sky is falling" There either will be two hd-def dvd formats or one. For use forum members who are cream of the crop, the ones that spend rather than talk the CEA is not addressing us. It is addressing the mom/pop persons who shop at wallmart or costo who dont know any better. We have specfic theads on this fourm for blue ray/hd-dvd and if you have not look at them they are a really good read...its the "pulse" of the hometheater world of hd-dvd/blue ray. There is a trend if you read those fourms towards blue ray becasue of the world wide hit of the PS3 which will spread 1 million blue ray discs, the new players just released by sony, phillips, and late this month pioneer,
the 2007 blue ray dvd release list which kicks hd-dvd's butt, the greater capacity of blue ray, the equaling of dual release dvds on picture quality...look it does not take CEA, bugs bunny, or Elmer Fud to fiqure out what is going to happen...I give it 6 months at the most...disney, fox etc is burying hd-dvd as well as the poor planned
x-box add-on with no HDMi. and no hardware support. This is the perfect time to buy a Blue Ray player and enjoy it on your FHD1. You should rename hd-dvd as follows: HDEAD-DVD. You know better, no the sky is not falling, it alread has
on the future of HDEAD-DVD :cool:

PS I will be posting my thoughts on anew thead on the hd-dvd player fourm in more detail.
post #2346 of 2349 Old 12-01-2006, 05:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 537
Unreal.
post #2347 of 2349 Old 12-01-2006, 06:00 PM

This is an AVS Forum - Letterman Top 10 Thread

1. You look at a FHD1 you see a one man crusader in the reflection.

2. The crusader is really a Pioneer Sales Rep..

3. The crusader is from the future or Waterworld.

4. RH you started it.

5. Small is the new big and better, you heard it here first.

6. Tell me again why I dont want a Panny65.

7. Do I have a deal for you.

8. Nothing wrong with the blacks on this set.

9. Now about those HD DVD and BluRays.

10. Two thumbs up for the crusader's perseverance and a sense of humor !
post #2348 of 2349 Old 12-01-2006, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

:) " NOW THATS THE SPIRIT" (Roy Battey to Deckard in BladeRunner after Deck hit him with a pipe in the head :D ). Great post above, now you are finally understanding me and my sense of humor. Ken if you think my above post was "unreal" please go to the thead I just made over at the HDEAD-DVD fourm and take you "best shot" at me.
post #2349 of 2349 Old 12-01-2006, 07:26 PM

Liked: 12
Since it seems nothing is left to be said regarding the FHD1

thread is now closed
Closed Thread Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page