My meeting with a Panasonic Rep. and our silver bezel conversation. - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #31 of 35 Old 08-12-2006, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
One thing that led me to buy my Philips 50PF9631D plasma was its wide flat-black bezel. The bezel itself is about 3 1/4 inches, plus about one inch of black "inset frame" inside the bezel for an effective 4 inch 'border' around the screen; it sets off the brilliant plasma very nicely (and even more so for me, the ambilight glow on either side).

John

John Hanley
Sugar Land, TX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 08-12-2006, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Here's why I use silver stand... :D

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3...setup01bh4.jpg
post #33 of 35 Old 08-12-2006, 09:45 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star56
I love the silver and spoke with a Panny rep last month about how geat I thought it looked. Seriously. He seemed delighted.

Apparently many folks share my opinion.
But apparently the vast majority of folks do not ;)

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
post #34 of 35 Old 08-13-2006, 03:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=696802

The silver vs black poll, I was asked to place this link on this thread, I shoulda done that in the first place.

Davyo
post #35 of 35 Old 08-15-2006, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisponge
Davyo -

While I can appreciate your desire for a choice of an all black Panny, personally I chose the Panny 600U over the Pioneer because I liked the balance of black and silver it provides (I agree that the 60U has a bit too much silver). In fact, I think that for my decor and system, the Panny 600U looks more sophisticated than just a plain black bezel would. Too each there own . . .

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...r/PDR_0622.jpg
Yep. That looks ideal for your decor. Nicely balanced to your room/equipment. Same goes for BruZZi and davyo. Perfect matches for their rooms. For me, that's what it all boils down to.

In terms of the popularity of silver, I've always had the impression that Europeans tend to prefer silver in their electronics. I often see this color (and champagne) much more often in both their audio and video components, anyway. I wonder if this also holds true for other parts of the world, and if so, this might at least partially explain why silver is utilized so often in these panel designs.

For me, the ideal is neither silver or black. Some of the commercial models which feature more of a grey-ish, charcoal color would be my ideal choice. Neither too extreme in lightness or darkness, and so it blends in well with many different decors and becomes less "sore thumb" noticeable when the screen is turned off. Of course, a small frame helps alot too. I'd sacrifice a few features for this (and will likely have to based upon my perusings here on the forum).

Mourning the disappearing usage of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
Closed Thread Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page