Pioneer 5060 Remote Control Issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-10-2006, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought my Pioneer 5060 almost a year ago from a vendor out in California. I have loved every minute of this Plasma, but with one exception.... the remote control.

It's hit or miss as to if it's going to work every time I try to use it. I brought this up within the first 30 days I had the tv, and I was provided a new remote control. Well that didn't solve my problem. I have several universal remotes (made by Sony) that I have programmed to work with my Pioneer. I have 2 remote controls provided by my cable company to control my tv as well. Thing is.. none of them work all the time.

I can press the power on button 1-20 times before the tv will come on. I can press the volume button continusouly moving it around, up/down and back/forth trying to get my volume control to adjust. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I'm sitting well within range of the remote controls transmit capabilities (approx 15-20 ft) and NONE of the remote controls work all the time.

I really do believe that the problem lies with the media center box itself, but have no way of testing it to find out. Any suggestions or known issues with this model and the remote controls. This is really getting to be annoying and I'm getting desperate..

HELP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-10-2006, 06:55 PM

I have the Elite 11030HD. Probably has the same remote as your TV. I have no problem with it, just point click and it works, no different to my DVD and HT remotes.

The remote receiver is on the TV, not the media box, in the bottom right corner. Make sure it is not obscured.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-12-2006, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Problem solved

I never thought about the receiver not being on the box. Wife had placed a picture in front of the bottom right hand corner. Removed the picture.. WHaallaaa.. it's working GREAT

Thanks for that little bit of info.
Closed Thread Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page