Need help in purchasing a Pioneer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-15-2006, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So here is my dilemna. I am in the security business and through my distribution channels I can buy Pioneer Plasmas at what seems to be a great price compared to online and in store purchase prices. I just don't know which one to go with. They talk about professional and residential.. here are the model numbers and I would love to here anyone's opionion.

the PDP-6100HD

PDP-614 MX - On this one they tell me that it will come with a 5 year in home warranty where if there is an issue they will come into the house and take it off the wall and bring it back for repair.

The 614MX is about $400 more expensive then the 6100HD. I just want the best picture possible. I am mostly a TV watcher, not really a DVD guy. Currently I am running a 65 inch rear project SONY LCD with HD Direct TV. The HD looks great on the Sony, but the standard res TV is just adequate.

I am assuming that I will have the same experience with this TV where High Res. signal will look great and standard res. is just watchable (Bairly).

Which TV is best for me???

The TV will be going on a wall above a fire place. The Sofa directly in front of it is about 12 - 15 feet away, and then there is a Sofa about 8 feet away off to the side. I really would like something with a great dynamic picture that is also watchable at an angle.

Which of these TV's would anyone recommend? Any bad info on either? Compare the two?

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

-Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-15-2006, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
theyre both junk. they are both old technology NEC panels and they have terrible pictures compared to the 7th gen pios. thats why you are getting them so cheap. my advice, look into a 6070 from a forum sponsor.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-15-2006, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Definitely those two panels are like two years old Tech and the worst PDP I've seen at BB and while the 6070/71 is the real deal to go for at less money and brand new technology, if you cannot find one to see look for the little brother 5071 at BB they are mirrored panels in specs and design only one larger. :)

Here's the real deal Pio 6070/71 and brand new.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c...5_1909_2820782

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's
post #4 of 5 Old 08-15-2006, 06:17 PM

Liked: 10
We just got ours in 5 days ago. Very nice set for the money, worlds better than the 6100HD.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-15-2006, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
No one wants the 6100 now that the 6070 is out - My bet is that you are going to see them being dumped all throughout the electronics close-out channels. I suspect that ebay is going to be full of 'em.

If you think this post was dumb, you really should read my blog=>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Closed Thread Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page