Hitachi FLICKER Issue...Good/Bad News - Page 86 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2551 of 2570 Old 12-20-2008, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My faaaaaaaaaaaaavorite thing that our Hitachi HD401 does for us is provide purple color where it should be a shadow . No more Hitachi for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2552 of 2570 Old 12-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member

Silly question, but the version of The Dark Knight you're watching is Blu-ray, right? Not an SD DVD you're playing in your BD35? (Not that it should matter, mind you.)

The "lack of focus" is definitely not related to the flicker. Go back to the beginning of this thread - there are several pages on performing the manual service menu adjustment. But I might try to exhaust all other possibilities first, including calling customer service, simply because I'm not sure that the service menu fix will address the issue you're having.

Good luck.
post #2553 of 2570 Old 12-20-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moematthews View Post

Silly question, but the version of The Dark Knight you're watching is Blu-ray, right? Not an SD DVD you're playing in your BD35? (Not that it should matter, mind you.)

The "lack of focus" is definitely not related to the flicker. Go back to the beginning of this thread - there are several pages on performing the manual service menu adjustment. But I might try to exhaust all other possibilities first, including calling customer service, simply because I'm not sure that the service menu fix will address the issue you're having.

Good luck.

Hey Moematthews

Yes it is a bluray version of TDK. I am thinking it must be the bluray player causing the problems as nothing happens when watching tv or when i used to play dvds. I am now trying to create a firmware update disc for the BD35 and see if that fixes it. Otherwise I will be crying at how poor bluray is and that it has ruined my expectations.
post #2554 of 2570 Old 12-21-2008, 08:26 AM

Hey everyone I have been reading through this forum. I found a lot of good advise and wanted to say thank you.

I have a Hitachi 42HDS69. I bought it in May of 07. It's been great until recently. I am guessing from what I have read here that my problem is a "flicker" issue. I followed the links and information for the "firmwire update" HAMP1219.F02 (Ver.0121-1002).

I was curious if a new firmwire has come out? And if someone could post the link.
I am sorry if someone already posted this but after 2 days of reading and searching I have become quite overwhelmed. I really don't understand most of what I am reading either.

I am far over my head here, messing with options and setting I have no idea what they mean. I know I should understand what I am doing 1st but I just want this fixed and Hitachi wasn't open yesterday when I called.

I also messed with the colors in the menu/menu/8/select mode. Can someone please post their color settings for WHITE BALANCE medium and standard RBG's please?

I have a lot to learn and I am sorry if this is old news. I don't mean to be a bother but I am about ready to sell this set and get something else.

300 on blu looked atrocious 2 nights ago and Shutter looked bad as well. Since i have seen these picture imperfections it's all i can see now! Even in things I didn't notice them in before watching this set has become painful. Right when it looks great BOOM there it is again out of no where! AHHH

Also does anyone know of a good calibration BluRay that includes a blue filter? Id like to get the best settings I can for this picture. I really really appreciate all the input.
post #2555 of 2570 Old 12-21-2008, 04:46 PM

Hi guys,

I have been disappointed with watching blurays since i bought the panny 35 as there was this judder/blurring thing going on when things were moving on screen. Was like the picture was trying to focus on what was happening and pixellating. Hard to describe. Anyhow, i sent an email over the weekend to Hitarchi and they said to play with the "FILM" mode on the display. I dont remember what the setting was but i turned it to Original and I think my problem has been fixed. I am going to sit down and watch a bluray and see if it is ok. Will report back.

steve
post #2556 of 2570 Old 12-25-2008, 08:27 PM

This isn't exactly a flicker problem, but I can't seem to the Hitachi thread, but I can really use your help. Hello, I am new to this forum and I am hoping someone can help guide me in the right direction. I have a Hitachi Plasma P50H401A and I received a Samsung BD-P1500 for Christmas, so I anxiously hook it up via the HDMI cable through the HDMI front input and...nothing. Then I try hooking it up via the HDMI 1 input and I disconnect the cable box I have had hooked up for a year with no problems and...nothing! So I finally try to hook it up using the provided composite cables and it works. So I try to eliminate any possible problems starting with the HDMI cable itself and the Blu-Ray works perfectly through a 19" Insignia TV. So its not the player, its not the cable and then I re-plug my cable box and...nothing! @#$#@! Now I lost the image via my cable box which was working fine. The only thing I noticed which may or may not have anything to do with the problem, when I press the INFO button on the plasma remote it states that the resolution is 480i, can this resolution have changed via some setting? If so, how do I get it back? Please help, thank you and happy holidays!
post #2557 of 2570 Old 01-03-2009, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Monette View Post

I am not sure what the latest firmware is. Hitachi has seemed to have locked me out of the sight now.....

Too bad I don't remember my login anymore.
post #2558 of 2570 Old 01-03-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdeane View Post

Sounds like macroblocking. Read this and click on the pictures for examples.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=692624

Thanks for this, I see this too (Shaw in Canada - BC)

HITACHI 55HDT79 PLASMA
post #2559 of 2570 Old 05-21-2009, 09:35 AM

I have downloaded the software listed in this thread for my Hitachi Plasma. I've looked out on the net for an MMC card that will fit my set. Is there a particular type of MMC card I need to buy? I also noticed that my lap has a slot for MMC cards. I want to make sure I get eh correct thing. is it a small or large card? Looooks like th slot in my laptop is about 1.25 inches wide.

Thanks for your help
post #2560 of 2570 Old 05-23-2009, 04:50 PM

It does not have to be a MMC card. You can use an SD card. If I remember correctly it needs to be 1 GB or less. I use a 1 GB SD card with my 42HDT79.
post #2561 of 2570 Old 05-29-2009, 08:10 AM

Does anyone know which holes on the back of the 42HS69 are for mounting brackets? I can't find anything about wall mounting in the manual. Thanks.
post #2562 of 2570 Old 06-08-2009, 06:12 AM

I just received the new firmware update from Hitachi for my 55HDT79. Is there a trick to get the tv to read the sd card? I've put the card in the slot in the back of the tv like 50 times and it won't update. I've inserted it all the way and every way in between. I've followed the update procedure and when I select the update...nothing. I've checked the card with the card reader on my computer and the update is there. Does anyone know if this update can be installed in a different manner?
The tv still has the original firmware on it and actually works great. I asked for the update to hopefully fix a tvgos issue. Every time I turn the tv on I have to setup the tv guide even if I check the " don't remind me again". Even though I use the tv guide feature it would be nice to have the option to disable it.
post #2563 of 2570 Old 07-01-2009, 07:52 PM

I called several months ago to get the firmware update from Hitachi and still have received no card!! How long did it take for yours to come to you?
post #2564 of 2570 Old 07-14-2009, 06:35 AM

It only took about a week to receive the update from Hitachi. I never did get the tv to read the card and sent it back. I never had the flicker issue and the tv has been fine except for the tvgos start-up always popping up asking to be set. I wish there was a way to just delete it.
post #2565 of 2570 Old 07-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera2 View Post

It only took about a week to receive the update from Hitachi. I never did get the tv to read the card and sent it back. I never had the flicker issue and the tv has been fine except for the tvgos start-up always popping up asking to be set. I wish there was a way to just delete it.

What size card were you using? For some odd reason, the TV does not read the card if it is 2GB or more. There is information in this thread on this. I was having the same problem until I switched to a 1GB card.
post #2566 of 2570 Old 07-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I have a hitachi 42hds69,had it for almost 3yrs.worked flawlessly until recently when i'am watching it for in extended amount of time about 4-5 hours it powers itself off completely.I have to wait almost 20 minutes unplug cord and it turns back on then it shuts itself off again a few minutes later.I live in orlando and there have been many lightning and thunderous nights.I'm thinking my tv is in some kind of protect mode like from brownouts and spikes.I hope that my power supply is not given in because repairs are mighty costly these days.Any help or advice on my situation would greatly be appreciated.
post #2567 of 2570 Old 07-22-2009, 04:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera2 View Post

The tv still has the original firmware on it and actually works great. I asked for the update to hopefully fix a tvgos issue. Every time I turn the tv on I have to setup the tv guide even if I check the " don't remind me again". Even though I use the tv guide feature it would be nice to have the option to disable it.

I am going entirely from memory here, but I think if you enter all zeroes for your postal code in the setup screen, it will disable the TV Guide on-screen feature. It's a feature I never use, and I managed to disable it by doing that (I believe).
post #2568 of 2570 Old 06-18-2010, 03:17 AM

I don't know if anyone is still following that thread - I hope so.

I bought a plasma 55PD9700C in 2007 with the flicker problem. Same as everyone, Hitachi denied the problem existing and, in France, it was the only 55inches available so I kept it.

Thanks to this threadm I made the 1/0 change in the service menu and corrected 95% of the issue.

Now, I recently purchased a Blu-Ray reader with upscaling capability and the flicker/contrast shift problem is back with a vengeance, with both DVD's and Blu-Rays. Somehow the 1080p resolution or the upscaling is making it worst.

I have never installed any firmware update. Can anyone help me. Funny, I spoke to Hitachi support UK this morning and "They have no record of a flicker issue on this model" Give me a break...3 years after.

Any help much appreciated

Regards
post #2569 of 2570 Old 06-18-2010, 03:14 PM

I feel your pain, I never experienced the issue until I calibrated the TV with Spyder3. I read the reviews, and people complained that it produced too much dark pictures. I since have lightened the picture and I am now happy with it.
post #2570 of 2570 Old 09-08-2010, 11:26 AM

Hi, I have a Hitachi p55t551, the power supply was broken and changed due power outages, now my tv not works fine but the image seems like a rain and in the top jut a line about 4" with fine image.

I think I need the upgrade my firmware but I not sure, any help??

in the screen show this number: v0115.0001
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page