Philips 42PF9631D HD Plasma - Page 56 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1651 of 1653 Old 09-19-2014, 05:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
phillips 50 PF9631D/37

does anyone know where to get the owners manual or tech manual (prefered) for this Phillips tv 50PF9631D/37
this tv shuts off then red flashing light comes on has anyone figured out what the problem is & how to repair? I can't afford a new tv right now & I'm sure repair is going to be costly hoping this will be easy fix cause I will admit I am not a technically savvy female. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1652 of 1653 Old 09-19-2014, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin@bluemarble.net View Post
does anyone know where to get the owners manual or tech manual (prefered) for this Phillips tv 50PF9631D/37 this tv shuts off then red flashing light comes on has anyone figured out what the problem is & how to repair? I can't afford a new tv right now & I'm sure repair is going to be costly hoping this will be easy fix cause I will admit I am not a technically savvy female. Thanks
Hi Dolphin....does the TV shut OFF or not turn on ?

If you are getting 7 blinking red LEDs, then you have a very simple problem to fix the TV. It's explained in this thread....go back to pages 25-35 or thereabouts and you'll see detailed explanations and pics and everything.

Basically, if it's the 7-Blinking LEDs, you need to replace capacitors which takes 45 minutes and $10 worth of parts.
post #1653 of 1653 Old 09-19-2014, 09:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Dolphin....if you can't get the TV turned on normally because it's the 7-Blinking Red LED problem, you CAN get it to work if you do the Plug-Unplug thing, also explained in this thread.

It won't last forever...probably a few weeks at most before you get tired of doing it, but it's a short-term solution until you get someone to help you replace the capacitors.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Philips 37pf9631d 37 Inch Lcd Hdtv With Ambilight , Philips Consumer Electronic , Philips Consumer Electronics
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page