Official Pioneer PRO-1540HD/1140HD/940HD Owner's thread/merged thread - Page 6 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Display Devices > Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Official Pioneer PRO-1540HD/1140HD/940HD Owner's thread/merged thread

Plasma Flat Panel Displays

vacquah's Avatar vacquah
10:34 AM Liked: 11
post #151 of 2816
10-05-2006 | Posts: 57
Joined: Jul 2005
sorry if this question shows my ignorance - does the component input of the 1140 accept progressive video? or is it interlaced only? I am thinking of getting the new denon 2930ci dvd player to go with it and for now, may use component ouput from the dvd player to receiver to tv - in progressive format ( my receiver doesn't have hdmi input) .

Or to avoid using component , can i use the hdmi to the tv, then send a digital optical feed from the tv to the receiver? two questions with this scenario:

1. Will i run into any lip syncing problems if the audio feed goes to the tv via hdmi and then gets sent to the receiver afterwards?

2. Since this is hdmi1.1 , will the sound sent to the tv be in pcm 2 channel audio format ( so i loose the 5.1 digital feed going to the receiver and there is no point in sending an optical link down to the receiver..)

Someone correct me if i am way off with my assumptions. thanks
russwong's Avatar russwong
10:38 AM Liked: 10
post #152 of 2816
10-05-2006 | Posts: 1,902
Joined: Mar 2003
Components can take progressive video, except for 1080p, that's limited to the HDMI ports.

1. I have not had any lip synch issues so far and I have an XBOX360, Cable box, and HTPC all going to the TV for video and then to a receiver via digital for audio.

2. The TV only has 2 speakers, so there's no way to handle 5.1 sound via HDMI. You should send your sound to a receiver in order to get surround. So HDMI to the TV for video and then use the optical out or coax out to the receiver for audio.

Works for me so far...


Quote:
Originally Posted by vacquah View Post

sorry if this question shows my ignorance - does the component input of the 1140 accept progressive video? or is it interlaced only? I am thinking of getting the new denon 2930ci dvd player to go with it and for now, may use component ouput from the dvd player to receiver to tv - in progressive format ( my receiver doesn't have hdmi input) .

Or to avoid using component , can i use the hdmi to the tv, then send a digital optical feed from the tv to the receiver? two questions with this scenario:

1. Will i run into any lip syncing problems if the audio feed goes to the tv via hdmi and then gets sent to the receiver afterwards?

2. Since this is hdmi1.1 , will the sound sent to the tv be in pcm 2 channel audio format ( so i loose the 5.1 digital feed going to the receiver and there is no point in sending an optical link down to the receiver..)

Someone correct me if i am way off with my assumptions. thanks


vacquah's Avatar vacquah
10:58 AM Liked: 11
post #153 of 2816
10-05-2006 | Posts: 57
Joined: Jul 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by russwong View Post

Components can take progressive video, except for 1080p, that's limited to the HDMI ports.

1. I have not had any lip synch issues so far and I have an XBOX360, Cable box, and HTPC all going to the TV for video and then to a receiver via digital for audio.
...

for the audio part, are you going from tv to receiver or directly from source to receiver ?

thanks for the reply
russwong's Avatar russwong
11:01 AM Liked: 10
post #154 of 2816
10-05-2006 | Posts: 1,902
Joined: Mar 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacquah View Post

for the audio part, are you going from tv to receiver or directly from source to receiver ?

thanks for the reply

Source to receiver
greenstork's Avatar greenstork
04:33 PM Liked: 10
post #155 of 2816
10-05-2006 | Posts: 23
Joined: Sep 2006
I've just setup my Pro-940HD using D-Nice's break-in settings. I just want to preface my comment by saying how grateful I am that D has posted these settings, thank you for taking the time and effort to help us all out.

That said, I'm befuddled. Sometimes my colors appear to have a yellowish cast, sometimes red or magenta, and sometimes green. There's nothing wrong with my TV, I think it's just the color settings. After changing over to D-Nice's settings, I thought I would like my older settings better. Ironically, when I switched back, they looked completely oversaturated and reddish.

I'm not sure what to do. It confuses me how in one scene, the colors looks yellowish, in another, greenish, and in a third scene, reddish. t may be how the colors were designed to appear in those scenes.

Also, after break-in, are there different settings. I'd really like more brightness and pop after my TV is sufficiently broken in. The only reason is that my room can be pretty bright, in terms of ambient light, and colors can get washed out and blacks turn to gray. The only remedy is to turn the power settings to Save 1 or standard in these instances. Are break-in settings just for break-in, or do people use these all the time.

If it makes any difference, I'm running two cableCARDS on a Tivo Series 3, not sure if that has any affect on which settings I should be using.

Cheers,
Dave
russwong's Avatar russwong
04:34 PM Liked: 10
post #156 of 2816
10-05-2006 | Posts: 1,902
Joined: Mar 2003
Have you tried directly to the Pio and see if it's the Tivo? Just curious...
D-Nice's Avatar D-Nice
06:51 PM Liked: 222
post #157 of 2816
10-05-2006 | Posts: 14,956
Joined: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstork View Post

I've just setup my Pro-940HD using D-Nice's break-in settings. I just want to preface my comment by saying how grateful I am that D has posted these settings, thank you for taking the time and effort to help us all out.

That said, I'm befuddled. Sometimes my colors appear to have a yellowish cast, sometimes red or magenta, and sometimes green. There's nothing wrong with my TV, I think it's just the color settings. After changing over to D-Nice's settings, I thought I would like my older settings better. Ironically, when I switched back, they looked completely oversaturated and reddish.

I'm not sure what to do. It confuses me how in one scene, the colors looks yellowish, in another, greenish, and in a third scene, reddish. t may be how the colors were designed to appear in those scenes.

Also, after break-in, are there different settings. I'd really like more brightness and pop after my TV is sufficiently broken in. The only reason is that my room can be pretty bright, in terms of ambient light, and colors can get washed out and blacks turn to gray. The only remedy is to turn the power settings to Save 1 or standard in these instances. Are break-in settings just for break-in, or do people use these all the time.

If it makes any difference, I'm running two cableCARDS on a Tivo Series 3, not sure if that has any affect on which settings I should be using.

Cheers,
Dave

Ok color casts...
Different shows, movies, etc use different filters. Some directors like a yellow filter, others green or blue. basically they meant for it to have a "tint".

For instance, Sin City has a deliberate yellow cast over the picture. The Matrix uses a green filter for when they are in "the Matrix' and a blue filter for when they are in "reality". Makes sense?

Tivo S3...
I have not played with a Tivo yet, so if you use any of the cable box settings, I cannot guarantee that you will get the correct picture compared to a SA8300 or SA3250.


Contrast...
In my thread I list break-in and regular settings, so I have accounted for the contrast in bright home environments. If you need more, just increase it.
essogas's Avatar essogas
11:22 AM Liked: 10
post #158 of 2816
10-06-2006 | Posts: 422
Joined: Oct 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Ok color casts...
Different shows, movies, etc use different filters. Some directors like a yellow filter, others green or blue. basically they meant for it to have a "tint".

For instance, Sin City has a deliberate yellow cast over the picture. The Matrix uses a green filter for when they are in "the Matrix' and a blue filter for when they are in "reality". Makes sense?

Tivo S3...
I have not played with a Tivo yet, so if you use any of the cable box settings, I cannot guarantee that you will get the correct picture compared to a SA8300 or SA3250.


Contrast...
In my thread I list break-in and regular settings, so I have accounted for the contrast in bright home environments. If you need more, just increase it.

Yep, this is the case and just wanted to add how imortant it is to calibrate your set for proper contrast, brightness, color and tint. You can do all of this by using the color bars and doing a proper blue check off a calibration DVD. Once this is established you will have set the TV up properly (for DVD sources) and then you will really see how bad some of the camera work/ color correction is out there.

Now can someone please tell me how to set up multiple settings for different inputs? My DVD sources require more brightness, less color while my HD programming requires exactly the opposite: less brightness, more color!
D-Nice's Avatar D-Nice
11:53 AM Liked: 222
post #159 of 2816
10-06-2006 | Posts: 14,956
Joined: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by essogas View Post

Yep, this is the case and just wanted to add how imortant it is to calibrate your set for proper contrast, brightness, color and tint. You can do all of this by using the color bars and doing a proper blue check off a calibration DVD. Once this is established you will have set the TV up properly (for DVD sources) and then you will really see how bad some of the camera work/ color correction is out there.

Now can someone please tell me how to set up multiple settings for different inputs? My DVD sources require more brightness, less color while my HD programming requires exactly the opposite: less brightness, more color!

Put your DVD settings under "User" , HD stb under "Pure", Game console under "Standard'....you get the picture.
shipdriver's Avatar shipdriver
07:14 PM Liked: 10
post #160 of 2816
10-06-2006 | Posts: 2
Joined: Oct 2006
D-nice, thanks for your unselfish sharing on this and other threads!

I've decided to purchase a Pioneer 50" elite plasma, but I'm not sure that my viewing habits warrant the extra network capabilities available on the 1140.

I do not game, nor do I intend to. I do not download video from the internet (yet), nor do I intend to hook up my computer to TV via a network. I have Comcast digital cable and I will use the TV to watch regular tv and HD channels. I frequently watch digital movies downloaded from pay for view or rented DVD's.

Since it appears you've used both the 1130 and 1140, I'm interested in your opinion on whether the added network capabilities of the 1140 is worth the extra cost?
D-Nice's Avatar D-Nice
08:23 PM Liked: 222
post #161 of 2816
10-06-2006 | Posts: 14,956
Joined: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipdriver View Post

D-nice, thanks for your unselfish sharing on this and other threads!

I've decided to purchase a Pioneer 50" elite plasma, but I'm not sure that my viewing habits warrant the extra network capabilities available on the 1140.

I do not game, nor do I intend to. I do not download video from the internet (yet), nor do I intend to hook up my computer to TV via a network. I have Comcast digital cable and I will use the TV to watch regular tv and HD channels. I frequently watch digital movies downloaded from pay for view or rented DVD's.

Since it appears you've used both the 1130 and 1140, I'm interested in your opinion on whether the added network capabilities of the 1140 is worth the extra cost?

I think you've answered your own question. If you do not need the networking capability, go for the 1130.
omeletpants's Avatar omeletpants
09:02 PM Liked: 12
post #162 of 2816
10-06-2006 | Posts: 5,154
Joined: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

I think you've answered your own question. If you do not need the networking capability, go for the 1130.

On a similar vein. I have a new 940hd and am thinking about upgrading to the 1140hd. They have an 1130 that I could pick up cheaper. I'm trying to understand the real differences between the 1140 and 1130. I understand the media box on the 1130. From the Pio website the new features on the 1140 are: Pro Color filter, improved red and blue phosphors, DRE, selectable color zone mapping, block noise reduction,

How much of an improvement is the 1140 over the 1130?
TVstudyguru's Avatar TVstudyguru
05:49 AM Liked: 10
post #163 of 2816
10-07-2006 | Posts: 29
Joined: Sep 2006
D-Nice,

I took the plunge but went with the 1140 instead of the 5070 as planned due to the low $ difference and additional features, warranty that the 1140 bring. In any event, I have noticed some frustration among new 1140 owners with respect to SD channels. I will have an SA8300HD STB and was wondering if I should split the cable (bypassing the box) and go direct to the ANT for standard broadcasting thus using the STB for HD only? Would this set up improve my SD or is there another recommended set up through the STB?

By the way, I did not notice SD to be an issue for 5070 users on the other thread.

Also, I could not locate the after break-in settings for the 1140 with SA8300. Could you kindly point me in that direction.

Much appreciated.
russwong's Avatar russwong
03:35 PM Liked: 10
post #164 of 2816
10-07-2006 | Posts: 1,902
Joined: Mar 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

I think you've answered your own question. If you do not need the networking capability, go for the 1130.

One more thing to keep in mind, is that the 1140 is a newer panel compared to the 1130, but there is also the sacrifice of a media receiver.

The 1140 has redesigned deep encased cell structure, new First-Surface PRO Color Filter, New and improved red and blue phosphors, New intelligent DRE, and some other stuff...

Also, the 1140 has the ability to accept a 1080p signal.

So I think it's more then just networking, although that's added gravy to me and is what put me over the edge.

Russ
kosh2258's Avatar kosh2258
09:23 AM Liked: 10
post #165 of 2816
10-08-2006 | Posts: 98
Joined: Feb 2006
For those that haven't caught this, Pioneer has dropped the MSRP on the 1140 by $500 in the last two weeks. Now $5000 instead of $5500.

For those that bought before the decrease, you may want to check the pricing policy of the store you bought from.
My dealer has a 60 day price protection policy. They had dropped their price on the 1140 to match Pioneer's decrease so it netted me a refund of the difference between the old and new price since I was well within the 60 day period.

I had to go to the store and request the refund, they didn't just give it to me, but, obviously, it was worth the effort.

Mods, please don't delete this message. It isn't about a specific retail dealer or dealer pricing per se. It's a public service message to current owners that they might be entitled to a signficant refund due to Pioneer's MSRP drop.

Ted
omeletpants's Avatar omeletpants
12:12 PM Liked: 12
post #166 of 2816
10-08-2006 | Posts: 5,154
Joined: Dec 2004
Just as an FYI. I just upgraded my 3 week old 940hd to an 1140hd. I'm 13' away and felt that I needed a larger screen. I also own a Samsung 4273. What I can say is that while the Samsung offers a great picture, the Pioneer Elite is fabulous. The colors are rich and the black levels are stunning. Watching Desperate Housewives last Sunday the wedding reception scene with the dark background and candlelight was the best picture I have ever seen on HD. What's even more interesting is that the picture quality seems to get better each day as the set is burning in. Can anyone else confirm the PQ improving over time?
kosh2258's Avatar kosh2258
01:14 PM Liked: 10
post #167 of 2816
10-08-2006 | Posts: 98
Joined: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by omeletpants View Post

Just as an FYI. I just upgraded my 3 week old 940hd to an 1140hd. I'm 13' away and felt that I needed a larger screen. I also own a Samsung 4273. What I can say is that while the Samsung offers a great picture, the Pioneer Elite is fabulous. The colors are rich and the black levels are stunning. Watching Desperate Housewives last Sunday the wedding reception scene with the dark background and candlelight was the best picture I have ever seen on HD. What's even more interesting is that the picture quality seems to get better each day as the set is burning in. Can anyone else confirm the PQ improving over time?

Yep, I've noticed this too. I was thinking it was just my getting used to the picture, but apparently not.

The SD pictures were pretty blotchy/muddy/fuzzy at first but as the panel approaches the 200 hour mark the SD picture is improving noticably. Better detail, less fuzzyness and color bleed. Some of the improvement is certainly due to tweaking and changing the various NR settings, but a lot of it just seems to be happening. HD was killer pretty much from day one but I'm having some ooooo and ahhhhh moments with that too. A couple times I had the "looking through a pane of glass" sensation from what I was watching.

I don't expect miracles with SD material simply because the information just isn't there to being with. The panel scaler has to work pretty hard at interpolating in the missing information. But given a good input source, the scaler is working some pretty impressive magic on SD material these days.

Ted
avatar230's Avatar avatar230
11:32 PM Liked: 10
post #168 of 2816
10-08-2006 | Posts: 8
Joined: Sep 2006
I purchased an Elite 1140 last week and have thus far been very happy with it. There is one problem I've encountered that I wanted to bring up in the forums to see if anyone else had experienced before I call Pioneer service...

Twice now, I've woken up in the morning to see that the blue power light on my panel is blinking. The panel had been turned off before I went to bed the night before, and at that time the red stanby light was on. Pressing the power button on the remote did turn the panel on both times, so it does not appear to be "stuck." The owner's manual vaguely references this problem in the troubleshooting section, saying it can be caused by the set's "internal protective circuits" being activated...

Again, thus far other than the appearance of the blinking light, I've not encountered any OPERATIONAL problems. Any thoughts on or experience with this problem?
sekhmet's Avatar sekhmet
12:13 AM Liked: 10
post #169 of 2816
10-09-2006 | Posts: 1
Joined: Oct 2006
Hi everyone, I enjoy reading in this forum. I am totally stupid when it comes to plasma tv's and was wondering if someone could answer a question for me.

My brother is planning on buying a Pioneer plasma (has his heart set on Pioneer) but is unsure about which one to get. He's trying to decide between 3 plasmas: 1) Pioneer Pro 1140hd, 2) Pioneer Pro 1130hd, 3) Pioneer PDP-5070hd. He asked for my opinion, but i really haven't a clue; they all look great to me.

I'm interested in your opinions out there. Take cost out of the picture (they're all expensive anyway). Which is the better unit out of those 3 and why do you think so?

This tv will be used in his living room w/ satellite TV; no nintendo or computer hook up. Its not dark room or anything...i'll try to describe the square room: west side -->windows w/ curtains {some light }, north side--> fireplace w/ space for plasma above [tv will be safe, dont worry], east side--> windows {less light}, south side--> couch facing the fireplace.

any opinions would be appreciated. thanks everybody!
TVstudyguru's Avatar TVstudyguru
07:13 AM Liked: 10
post #170 of 2816
10-09-2006 | Posts: 29
Joined: Sep 2006
The 1140 is the brand new Elite (2006 model). The 5070 is the basic Pioneer 2006 model. Both utilize the same glass panel however the Elite offers additional video enhancement and can more easily calibrated if you are a videofile. The new Elite also offers a longer warranty and has a new networking feature that allows you to stream video, photo's, music, etc from a home network computer. The 1130 is last year's Elite model and lacks the network feature from the 2006 model. basically, if you want the networking feature, the 1140 offers you the best of everything. The 1130 probably gives you a slightly better picture than the 5070 althout it is last year's technology. The 5070 is probably better than any other plasma on the market save for the two mentioned and the new Pioneer 1080P model.
D-Nice's Avatar D-Nice
10:08 AM Liked: 222
post #171 of 2816
10-09-2006 | Posts: 14,956
Joined: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar230 View Post

I purchased an Elite 1140 last week and have thus far been very happy with it. There is one problem I've encountered that I wanted to bring up in the forums to see if anyone else had experienced before I call Pioneer service...

Twice now, I've woken up in the morning to see that the blue power light on my panel is blinking. The panel had been turned off before I went to bed the night before, and at that time the red stanby light was on. Pressing the power button on the remote did turn the panel on both times, so it does not appear to be "stuck." The owner's manual vaguely references this problem in the troubleshooting section, saying it can be caused by the set's "internal protective circuits" being activated...

Again, thus far other than the appearance of the blinking light, I've not encountered any OPERATIONAL problems. Any thoughts on or experience with this problem?

Turn the TV Guide feature off by entering all zeros in the zipcode.
gtthndr's Avatar gtthndr
10:33 AM Liked: 10
post #172 of 2816
10-09-2006 | Posts: 36
Joined: Jan 2006
Everyone, I know that ghosting isn't supposed to be a issue, but I was playing PGR 3 on the 360 this weekend. I was running through a cone course and as I swerved left and right there seemed to be ghosting on the cones. Is the game supposed to be like that. I played halo 2 after I saw a softening of the image as I moved quickly around the screen. Am I seeing things????

This is all on an 1140HD
avatar230's Avatar avatar230
10:51 AM Liked: 10
post #173 of 2816
10-09-2006 | Posts: 8
Joined: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Turn the TV Guide feature off by entering all zeros in the zipcode.

D-Nice,

I too was suspicious it might be a TV Guide-related problem as it had never occurred until I added a $50 indoor OTA antenna from Radio Shack so I could get my local CW and PBS feeds in HD in addition to DTV's HD locals (granted that was on Day 2 of owning the set). Last night, I tried disabling the TV Guide by going in and telling it that neither antenna or cable was connected but the problem occurred again overnight while sleeping (as there is no menu option to just turn it off altogether). I will certainly try the "all zeroes" solution today to see if that makes any difference, but I'm a little worried because the problem seems to have grown worse:

This morning while watching a DVD, the TV powered off in the middle of playback and went to the flashing blue light. Could the TV Guide feature still have been attempting to troll for info during DVD playback and tripped something?

Incidentally, right before the "power off during DVD playback," I had called Pio tech support, and the woman there told me the blue light flashing meant that TV Guide was searching for programming info. I didn't really buy this, as the light never seems to go back to red (as she claimed it would when it was done "downloading") and what are the chances that it's always searching for info right when I wake up? I called back when the abrupt power off occurred, and got the same tech support woman, who told me, "That's a different problem," and suggested I call an authorized repair center in my neighborhood.

The repair center people said that this, "was not a common problem," and they've not heard of it. I'm tempted to call my dealer and ask to exchange for a replacement set, but if it is just a bug in the TV Guide, I suspect it'll keep happening with the OTA antenna I have, and as I've already "broken-in" this set for 50 hours and it has zero dead pixels, I don't want to tempt fate and start from scratch if I don't have to...

Sorry for the long-winded reply, but do you (or does anyone else) have any more advice for or experience with this problem? D-Nice, does this all still sound consistent with the TV Guide-related glitch? Have you experienced this yourself and fixed it with the all zeroes solution?

Can't wait to get home from work today and see if this works.
dylan24's Avatar dylan24
11:55 AM Liked: 11
post #174 of 2816
10-09-2006 | Posts: 257
Joined: Oct 2006
I've been browsing these forums forever and I'm going to pull the trigger soon on either the 5070 or 1140. Much props to all who post in the fpd forum regularly especially D-Nice and russwong for getting this thread going. I have learned a lot.

The 1130 seems to be readily available for blow-out prices lately. I'm not sure if I'll need network capability but it might be best to have it in the future.

Also, I'm wondering if I should hold out for a few more months. Do you think the fhd-1 will be significantly discounted then, or maybe the Pana 1080p displays might be availalbe?
D-Nice's Avatar D-Nice
12:54 PM Liked: 222
post #175 of 2816
10-09-2006 | Posts: 14,956
Joined: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar230 View Post

D-Nice,

I too was suspicious it might be a TV Guide-related problem as it had never occurred until I added a $50 indoor OTA antenna from Radio Shack so I could get my local CW and PBS feeds in HD in addition to DTV's HD locals (granted that was on Day 2 of owning the set). Last night, I tried disabling the TV Guide by going in and telling it that neither antenna or cable was connected but the problem occurred again overnight while sleeping (as there is no menu option to just turn it off altogether). I will certainly try the "all zeroes" solution today to see if that makes any difference, but I'm a little worried because the problem seems to have grown worse:

This morning while watching a DVD, the TV powered off in the middle of playback and went to the flashing blue light. Could the TV Guide feature still have been attempting to troll for info during DVD playback and tripped something?

Incidentally, right before the "power off during DVD playback," I had called Pio tech support, and the woman there told me the blue light flashing meant that TV Guide was searching for programming info. I didn't really buy this, as the light never seems to go back to red (as she claimed it would when it was done "downloading") and what are the chances that it's always searching for info right when I wake up? I called back when the abrupt power off occurred, and got the same tech support woman, who told me, "That's a different problem," and suggested I call an authorized repair center in my neighborhood.

The repair center people said that this, "was not a common problem," and they've not heard of it. I'm tempted to call my dealer and ask to exchange for a replacement set, but if it is just a bug in the TV Guide, I suspect it'll keep happening with the OTA antenna I have, and as I've already "broken-in" this set for 50 hours and it has zero dead pixels, I don't want to tempt fate and start from scratch if I don't have to...

Sorry for the long-winded reply, but do you (or does anyone else) have any more advice for or experience with this problem? D-Nice, does this all still sound consistent with the TV Guide-related glitch? Have you experienced this yourself and fixed it with the all zeroes solution?

Can't wait to get home from work today and see if this works.

I use to have the same problems with my Pioneers. Tried the "no antenna and cable" connections.....no dice. Once I put all zeros in the zipcode with the "no antenna and cable connected" options, I have yet to have my displays turn off with the blinking blue lights.
avatar230's Avatar avatar230
01:00 PM Liked: 10
post #176 of 2816
10-09-2006 | Posts: 8
Joined: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

I use to have the same problems with my Pioneers. Tried the "no antenna and cable" connections.....no dice. Once I put all zeros in the zipcode with the "no antenna and cable connected" options, I have yet to have my displays turn off with the blinking blue lights.

Thanks again for the info... I'll try this tonight and post my results for the forum.
copper00's Avatar copper00
03:14 PM Liked: 10
post #177 of 2816
10-09-2006 | Posts: 21
Joined: Aug 2006
I just checked the amount of hours I had on my Elite 1130, and it showed 1300 something. How is this possible when my TV is only 2 months old?? We watch TV about 4 hours a day.

I saw the TV when it was delivered. It had plastic on it, and everything looked Any ideas? brand new. So I don't think it was used in any way prior to my purchase.

The only thing I can think of is that the meter continues running even after I turn the TV off. I actually just turn the media box off, so the TV still has the red light on when it's off.

I just can't believe that 1300 hours #. Any ideas??
D-Nice's Avatar D-Nice
03:27 PM Liked: 222
post #178 of 2816
10-09-2006 | Posts: 14,956
Joined: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by copper00 View Post

I just checked the amount of hours I had on my Elite 1130, and it showed 1300 something. How is this possible when my TV is only 2 months old?? We watch TV about 4 hours a day.

I saw the TV when it was delivered. It had plastic on it, and everything looked Any ideas? brand new. So I don't think it was used in any way prior to my purchase.

The only thing I can think of is that the meter continues running even after I turn the TV off. I actually just turn the media box off, so the TV still has the red light on when it's off.

I just can't believe that 1300 hours #. Any ideas??

You are probably looking at the MR time meter and not the actual panel's. You need to do a forum search to find the correct way to view the panel time.
essogas's Avatar essogas
06:46 PM Liked: 10
post #179 of 2816
10-09-2006 | Posts: 422
Joined: Oct 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar230 View Post

Thanks again for the info... I'll try this tonight and post my results for the forum.


Hey GUYS! I'm having the same blinking light problem too. I will try the TV guide zip code thing and put in all zeros and report back.
essogas's Avatar essogas
06:50 PM Liked: 10
post #180 of 2816
10-09-2006 | Posts: 422
Joined: Oct 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Put your DVD settings under "User" , HD stb under "Pure", Game console under "Standard'....you get the picture.

Thanks, man. I will do this.
Tags: Pioneer

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Subscribe to this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3