commercial plasma advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-26-2006, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My wife made the comment the other day that our 34" CRT Sony HD took up too much space & a wall hung TV would be nice. Well I am taking this & running w/ it. I couldn't get out of the door fast enough to go look @ BB & CC for plasmas, again. I watch all SD via D*TV & DVDs. I can't fork over the $ for HD for only a few channels. We'll be about 10' away. I really like the slim black bezels w/ no speakers, which is basically what the commercial kinds look like. I would like to spend 1500.00 or less. What are my options? I notice the Panasonic 8uk & 9uk, the Samsung 42m5s, & the pioneer. Do these come ready to watch or do I have to buy a tuner? Do they have HDMI or DVI or component? I like the idea of buying HD, but I have read that ED will look as good on SD & DVDs look great too & I can live w/ ED if it saves me some money. Is there a big difference in the 8uk & 9uk? Will prices drop considerably over Christmas? I guess I could wait. I just don't want to buy it & the price drop a few months later to appx. 1/2 what I paid(like my 50" Sony A10). Any advice or comments on these or other commercial type plasmas is appreciated. Thanks.
Closed Thread Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page