Originally Posted by RichB
On most systems, this light is the activity on the hard drive controller which also is active when accessing the BD/CD/DVD drive on the controller, so it is not a good indicator.
The hard drive light is connected to the HDD header on the motherboard, which just about all systems do. The aftermarket HDD monitor devices use the same HDD header on the board.
I'm just saying this in general. I am heavily experienced in computer hardware since 1997, for repairing, integrations, etc. I used to be a senior certified technician.
The card is not that loud, but boy is it hot. Everything was getting toasty, even the BD drive, so I broke down and put the front fan in. That did the trick.
Any recommendations for BD titles that really show off the format?
Yea I would recommend:
- Crank (MPEG2 BD-50)
- The Phantom of the Opera (VC-1 BD-25)
- The Last Samurai (MPEG2 BD-50)
- Chicago (AVC/MPEG4 BD-50)
- The Kingdom of the Heaven (MPEG2 BD-50)
- Click (MPEG2 BD-50)
- and the list goes on.. Pearl Harbor is pretty descent, but I feel this movie is getting old... it's one of those movies you watch it few times and don't want to watch it again. The movie Kingdom of Heaven has been very addicting for me. I watched it like 35 times now. That's just me, though.
The movie Click, has the strongest and deepest color depth, to a point where it's overly done. Dialing down the color saturation will do the trick.
Yea, the Casino Royale is going to be one hell of PQ performance. It's in BD-50 AVC MPEG-4, with high transfer.