TH50PHD7UY and TH50PH9UK - Japanese HDs & Blu-Ray HD Movies PICS - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 981 Old 10-14-2007, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Location: I come from a distant space where no one has gone before. The temperature is aight. The planet has a purple sky tho and the gravity is slightly less than that of earth. Oh yeah I got plenty of gas.....
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The original source was done by KBS1-HD in high definition recording. It was then transferred and compressed down to fit on Standard DVDs. This is one of the best K-Dramas I have seen before. The PQ is *steller*. The "crispness" and liquid crystal sharp pictures are there.

You gonna see Yoon Eun Hye's pictures a lot here, and some pretty sceneries of the countryside...

Standard DVD - K-Drama: The Vineyard Man (2006)
Aspect Ratio: 16 x 9 (1.78:1)
Resolution: 720 x 480
Bitrate: 8 Mbps / FPS: 30
HTPC via DVI-D
Software for playback: Elecard MPEG Player

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 981 Old 10-14-2007, 07:13 PM

It's good to see you back, Cheez. Now here's my question (you knew I had one!):

A new 58" Panasonic panel has entered the market (the 700) and it is 1080p (although it is a consumer set). So the question is: Do I buy the Panasonic 10UK or the new 700 (with less adjustments)?

Thanks so much.
post #633 of 981 Old 10-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Active Speaker View Post

A new 58" Panasonic panel has entered the market (the 700) and it is 1080p (although it is a consumer set). So the question is: Do I buy the Panasonic 10UK or the new 700 (with less adjustments)?

Thanks so much.

BTW, the new Panasonic 1080p 58 inch TH-58PF10UK is supposed to be released next month in November. Opps never mind..... it's not due til June it is the new 1080p 50 and 65 inch in November

When I die I want to go peacefully, in my sleep like my grandfather did, not screaming and scared like the other three people in his car!
post #634 of 981 Old 10-14-2007, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Location: I come from a distant space where no one has gone before. The temperature is aight. The planet has a purple sky tho and the gravity is slightly less than that of earth. Oh yeah I got plenty of gas.....
Quote:

Thanks so much.

Hi Active Speaker. Oops sorry if I missed your question. I still would have to say I give nod to the 720p set, especially the Pro series (commercial version). The reason being is that the 720p sets have better contrast and the illumination of the pixels. Light spots can illuminate brighter, giving stronger sense of 3D depth and punchiness. The pictures are also a little sharper. Also with the 10UK you will have the option to opt for a DVI connection from your PC. Even though you may not be using one now but later on you might use it? The text quality is absolutely insane, so cystal sharp and clean all the way across the screen.

The 1080p set is good if you will be viewing a lot of Blu-ray/HD-DVD source and you want no jagginess. The jagginess will be minimized and the pictures will generally look a little softer. I personally don't like soft pictures. I must have sharp, and *slightly* pixelated(or jagginess) because it gives that extra sharpness and it maintains crispness. It gets really good when you watch the TV even at further distance. You can see the picture still being sharp and crisp. For some reason the soft picture makes me go to sleep. :-D

Plus the Commercial version have more options in calibrations and are better suited for Pro ISF calibration, which will result in best performance.

So I say go with the 720p Commercial set (10UK) and opt it with a descent audio system.

it's starting to look like a slide show lolz...

post #635 of 981 Old 10-14-2007, 08:24 PM

Thanks so much, again Cheez. I know that you have graciously answered my questions before (just a few weeks back). Well, I've just been so busy at work that those few weeks have come and gone in an instance, and here I am again considering the 10UK rather than the 7UK or 8UK. But, you've given me the same excellent answer.

Here's another question: If I get the 10UK, which board should I get? I will likely have to use an upconverting dvd player until I can upgrade to an htpc in the future and possibly blu-ray and/or hddvd. So, do I get the hdmi blade now and add the dvi blade later, or do I get the dvi blade now, and get either an hdmi to dvi cable or a dvd player with dvi output?
post #636 of 981 Old 10-14-2007, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

Coffee Shop

post #637 of 981 Old 10-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez View Post

it's starting to look like a slide show lolz...

And as always excellent pics Cheez!

When I die I want to go peacefully, in my sleep like my grandfather did, not screaming and scared like the other three people in his car!
post #638 of 981 Old 10-14-2007, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Thanks so much, again Cheez. I know that you have graciously answered my questions before (just a few weeks back). Well, I've just been so busy at work that those few weeks have come and gone in an instance, and here I am again considering the 10UK rather than the 7UK or 8UK. But, you've given me the same excellent answer.

Here's another question: If I get the 10UK, which board should I get? I will likely have to use an upconverting dvd player until I can upgrade to an htpc in the future and possibly blu-ray and/or hddvd. So, do I get the hdmi blade now and add the dvi blade later, or do I get the dvi blade now, and get either an hdmi to dvi cable or a dvd player with dvi output?

No problem, I'm glad to help. :-) Try to avoid conversions as much as you can. That means if you are going to use HDMI, just use HDMI-HDMI cable. If you use DVI, use DVI-DVI cable. Conversions can only hurt the PQ due to loss in signals.

I would say go with the HDMI for Upconverting DVD player. You can get the DVI blade later, but I would try not to wait too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichGuy View Post

And as always excellent pics Cheez!

Hey thanks for the props! RichGuy. :-D Much much appreciated. I'm glad to hear you guys enjoy my pics.

Daylight - In the train station

post #639 of 981 Old 10-16-2007, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Scenery shots

Night shots

post #640 of 981 Old 10-16-2007, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

In the tent

post #641 of 981 Old 10-17-2007, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

My favorite shot

My favorite shot.

post #642 of 981 Old 10-17-2007, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

My favorite shot

Vineyard shots

post #643 of 981 Old 10-20-2007, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

Ready-to-kiss shot

Grape shots

I thought I was watching high def. It is that good. I am able to get this sharpness and "sparkling-ness" due to my DVI HTPC setup. VGA would give me a little softer picture and less sparklingness. This video does some fantastic job in dark/night scenes. The flesh tones are very nice and there are no red push. Keep in mind this is a Standard DVD @ 720 x 480 @ 8 Mbps. Also big thanks to the Elecard MPEG Player for allowing my DVI connection to provide razor sharp and crispy pictures.
post #644 of 981 Old 10-27-2007, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Sleeping shot

Dreaming shots

My favorite shot

Some more fantastic shots. I'm very pleased.

Holly sh#t......

woW

These last five pics have got to be the record in the SD-DVD Class.

post #645 of 981 Old 10-30-2007, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Cheez,
I don't get back to this thread nearly as often as I'd like to, but one thing remains the same, every time I do. You are, by a wide margin, the best screenshot taker of HD displays I have ever seen. And your plasma looks great! I'm still enjoying my 9uk as well.
post #646 of 981 Old 10-30-2007, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsteves View Post

Cheez,
I don't get back to this thread nearly as often as I'd like to, but one thing remains the same, every time I do. You are, by a wide margin, the best screenshot taker of HD displays I have ever seen. And your plasma looks great! I'm still enjoying my 9uk as well.

Hey tsteves, good to see you!

I wanted to thank you so much for supporting me, much much appreciated. Yea I keep striving for best picture from my plasma and to capture pictures as best as I can. It is so challenging and when the pics come out so well it's like a relief! I often come and check my own thread and stare at my own pics. It is so pleasing to see them.

And yea the 9UK rocks too. That thing, with it tweaked, is a black level monster. That TV still impresses me whenever I go to my family's home. It's still hung on the same wall in the second floor. Some day they need to have Blu-ray player + HDMI hooked up to that monster. Now then we're talking some serious stuff.
post #647 of 981 Old 10-30-2007, 09:35 PM

Cheez,

Great pics, once again. Have you ever seen SDE with either one of your sets in any resolution?
post #648 of 981 Old 10-30-2007, 10:52 PM

I've never seen someone take so many pictures of HD Asians on their TV set...Korean or Japanese huh?

First of all, what is the "meow meow" about at the start of your post??

Also, why do you have a need to take so many pictures of Asian woman and post them here? Do you want to show us the quality of your television or of the woman on the television? A vast majority of your pictures (not all of them, but most) had a picture of an Asian woman in it and not even with her eyes open. Post more pictures of shots with something different in the background if you want to show us the picture quality of your set and the vast array of colors that it has...

I have a News flash - watching Japanese and Korean programs won't make you more Japanese or Korean for that matter.

I think you are exactly the kind of guy that I need to protect my wife from here in America. I am sure every guy with an Asian significant other knowns my feelings exactly - we always have to be on the lookout for guys like you with your Asian fetishes, makes me sick.
post #649 of 981 Old 10-31-2007, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdelsol View Post

I've never seen someone take so many pictures of HD Asians on their TV set...Korean or Japanese huh?

Also, why do you have a need to take so many pictures of Asian woman and post them here? Do you want to show us the quality of your television or of the woman on the television? A vast majority of your pictures (not all of them, but most) had a picture of an Asian woman in it and not even with her eyes open. Post more pictures of shots with something different in the background if you want to show us the picture quality of your set and the vast array of colors that it has...

I have a News flash - watching Japanese and Korean programs won't make you more Japanese or Korean for that matter.

I think you are exactly the kind of guy that I need to protect my wife from here in America. I am sure every guy with an Asian significant other knowns my feelings exactly - we always have to be on the lookout for guys like you with your Asian fetishes, makes me sick.

I think that you are paranoid. So what if Cheez likes asian woman? I personally like ALL women. Just because men like women, or even women of a certain ethnicity, does not mean you need to "protect your wife" from any of them; how absurd!
post #650 of 981 Old 10-31-2007, 06:46 AM

Time out for a minute fellows. I'm going to get some popcorn and watch the fight.....
post #651 of 981 Old 10-31-2007, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Cheez,

Great pics, once again. Have you ever seen SDE with either one of your sets in any resolution?

Hey thanks for the compliment, Active Speaker.

I don't see SDE on my plasma(and the 9UK) unless I get really close to the screen something like 2 feet and stare at it. But for any of my preferred viewing distance - usually 6'~ 13' - I don't see SDE at all...

Oh, and thanks for your support a few posts back.
post #652 of 981 Old 10-31-2007, 06:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez View Post

Hey thanks for the compliment, Active Speaker.

I don't see SDE on my plasma(and the 9UK) unless I get really close to the screen something like 2 feet and stare at it. But for any of my preferred viewing distance - usually 6'~ 13' - I don't see SDE at all...

Oh, and thanks for your support a few posts back.

Keep up the great work Cheez you have a great thread here. Don't let the idiots like the poster a few posts back (who obviously has some serious problems) have any affect at all on this thread.

Also I agree with you about SDE a few posters here make it seem much worse than it is.

post #653 of 981 Old 10-31-2007, 07:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdelsol View Post

wow, somebody is jealous!

Great pics Cheeze keep them coming!

Panasonic TH-42PH9UK
post #654 of 981 Old 10-31-2007, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminatorbob View Post

of what? noobieCheez having hundreds of imaginary Asian starlet girlfriends? we should all be so lucky.

Mourning the disappearing usage of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
post #655 of 981 Old 10-31-2007, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichGuy View Post

Keep up the great work Cheez you have a great thread here. Don't let the idiots like the poster a few posts back (who obviously has some serious problems) have any affect at all on this thread.

Also I agree with you about SDE a few posters here make it seem much worse than it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminatorbob View Post

Great pics Cheeze keep them coming!

Hey thanks so much, RichGuy and terminatorbob.

Your support really helps with the thread and I am very greatful. I thank you guys again.

I think at this point my TV has topped out. I did best part on my end, with the TV and HTPC tuned up. I don't think I can get better picture unless I get my TV professionally calibrated by an ISF Technician. Currently, my whites has improved greatly compare to when I first got the TV with the default setting. Though when I play some good transfer BD movies I don't even notice any single problem in pictures. It is flat out gorgeous, crisp, clean, and very clear. This TV really shows what you put in. And I agree, it is better to ignore the idiots instead of arguing. It puts me to their level. I don't want that.

I also want to thank Active Speaker for the support and keep in interest. It is much appreciated.

On a side note, for those who don't know the point I've been trying to get acrossed in this thread, it is not that *simple* like a man who just wants a woman. This thread is about everything. It contains information about the calibration of the TV, the video source(extremely important), the method of cable connections, HTPC tweaks and specifications, the software setting for playback, the challenge in taking pictures, to show beautiful women, but MORE importantly, the Picture Quality is what I'm aiming for. When the pictures are beautiful(in terms of PQ), I freeze it, analyze it, and take pics to "show" the black levels, detail, color tones/ flesh tones, lighting contrasts, 3D-depths/punchiness, and overall sharpness and crystal-like pictures. These are the things I seriously go after. The reason why I post pics of women is because they turn out to be more pleasing to my eyes than some old grumpy Grandpa or Grandma.... Though some Grandpa pictures can be absolutely fantastic because I can show those wrinkles on their face, the texture of the skin, the texture *depth* which is also affected by black levels, and the detail. It's to take challenge of taking shots and convey pictures as close to the real I'm seeing on my TV. Capturing lighting levels (exposure level) can be controlled but capturing color tones and contrasts is often difficult. But I continue to strive for capturing the pictures as close to the real-time viewing of the TV as humanly possible.

This K-Drama consists of 16 episodes, that's nearly 17 hours of running time. More episodes means more pictures to be taken. Shorter movies, lesser number of pics to be taken. It's that simple. .. If I just want a woman, I go some place else. Don't get me wrong though. I do have interest in Asian women. But like I've said, that's not the only thing to be brought about here. Apparently *few* people in here don't understand this concept. Ask other guys, guys who support me in this thread. They know what I'm talking about. Go ask RichB. Go ask Ken Ross. They know exactly the point I'm getting acrossed. Don't just look at these pics and think one thing. There are a lot of things involved when looking at these pics. Broaden your mind.
post #656 of 981 Old 10-31-2007, 10:26 PM

I think you are exactly the kind of guy that I need to protect my ISF calibrator from here in America. I am sure every guy with a Panasonic significant other knows my feelings exactly - we always have to be on the lookout for guys like you with your PQ fetishes, makes me sick.

hahahaha. j/k. Keep up the good work.
post #657 of 981 Old 10-31-2007, 11:08 PM

I do admit that I was not very good at getting my point across. This whole thread hit a bad note from the first two words - "meow meow"

I don't really approve of "those other places" you go to get your Asian fix but at least those girls know what they are signing up for. These girls on the T.V. shows and the dramas are not signing up to have a group of American "study" the colors and "beauty" of a Plasma. I don't need to consult your avsforum friends to know what kind of person you are. In my opinion, you are objectifying these women and they didn't even sign up for it. That is at least the point that I wanted to convey originally.

As for you, you don't want to come down to my level? Then don't make a comment on my post. Sitting to the side and making snide comments to the effect "Some guys don't get it" and feeling good about yourself - feeling some moral victory that others are willing to jump to your aid on an internet forum isn't exactly taking the high road. Trying to verbally engineer a response to my blunt comments doesn't show me anything except your practiced in fighting on internet forums. Tough man! I could tell you about my last confrontation with some kid in the real world who was making small talk with my wife with his anime star struck eyes...

Step out of your "study" room and live life in the real world my friend. If you are interested in Japan stop watching "Hey hey hey" and listening to Utada Hikaru or is it Ayumi Hamazaki in your case and take your Japanese studies seriously and learn to appreciate Japan for what it really is and not for what you think it is. I have been pretty lucky in my life as far as opportunities come - I have lived in Asia and work for a top Asian company and can tell you love for Asia will not take you anywhere if it stops in your room with admiring pretty girls.

Enjoy making comments about me and checking this forum as often as possible seeing if I replied to your comments or your internet friends comments.
post #658 of 981 Old 11-01-2007, 07:54 AM

BTW, I am not one of IamAnoobieCheez's "internet friends", but Wow - if anyone has issues, it is you sirdelsol, not IamAnoobieCheez. From what I can tell, IamAnoobieCheez is As a side note, somebody has to be mighty insecure if his wife can't make small talk with another man - get a clue! Unless your wife is a child, I surely doubt you need to protect her from people like IamAnoobieCheez.

Ok - thats the only fuel I will add to this fire.

PQ is great and you take have managed to take some superb pics of your plasma in action (calm down sirdelsol, that's not what I meant).

keep this thread going with these gorgeous pictures!

...... and ignore the whack jobs ;-)
post #659 of 981 Old 11-01-2007, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

I must admit, I always thought cheez was Asian, probably a Japanese person living in japan sharing the latest Japanese TV and movies with us, with spectacularly good screen shots. If that is not the case, well, that does not necessarily make him a stalker or weirdo at all. On the other hand, sirdelsol comes across as one of those "asian freak" types who got his supposed wife from a mail order service or the short bus, and is obsessively guarding her from any other real relationship. I may be way off on all counts. And pre-apologies all around for my confusion.
What's the deal Cheez? It is no crime to dig Asian chicks, but what is the real skinny?
post #660 of 981 Old 11-01-2007, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsteves View Post

I must admit, I always thought cheez was Asian, probably a Japanese person living in japan sharing the latest Japanese TV and movies with us, with spectacularly good screen shots. If that is not the case, well, that does not necessarily make him a stalker or weirdo at all. On the other hand, sirdelsol comes across as one of those "asian freak" types who got his supposed wife from a mail order service or the short bus, and is obsessively guarding her from any other real relationship. I may be way off on all counts. And pre-apologies all around for my confusion.
What's the deal Cheez? It is no crime to dig Asian chicks, but what is the real skinny?

LOL - "short bus" - now there's a term I have not heard in a good many years....... brought a big smile to my face this evening - thanks.....
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page