Has anyone used Amazon to buy plasma? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 11-29-2006, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 91
They have good prices and free shipping but i wonder how it is actually shipped to your house.Would not want a plasma coming UPS to be left outside my doorway.Years ago I bought from Lisa at Plasmaextreme and a special truck came to my house after calling me and the driver helped me set it up with the stand.The good old days.

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-29-2006, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 50
If it's anything like when I ordered a heavy grill from them, they use a special delivery service that makes arrangements with you before they show up. And you're right, their prices right now are really good on a lot of TVs. I want the 58 inch Panny, and Amazon not only has the best price, but they also have no tax and free shipping.
post #3 of 11 Old 11-29-2006, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought the Panasonic 58" from them about 2 months ago and everything went very well. They shipped using Eagle and it took less than a week to deliver. I was surprised delivery was as quick as it was because they gave me a preliminary eta of 3 weeks. I ended up buying the warranty from N.E.W. since I have had god luck using them in the past.
post #4 of 11 Old 11-29-2006, 10:30 AM

If you read the reviews on Amazon, a complaint is that TVs are non-returnable. That would be a deal-breaker for me.
post #5 of 11 Old 11-29-2006, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I would highly suggest Cleveland Plasma a sponser (link at bottom of page).

Chris is very helpful and responds to e-mails and calls personally promptly and his prices are not much higher then Amazon.

You would get to support a small company that has great customer service... vote with your wallet.
post #6 of 11 Old 11-29-2006, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandirk
I would highly suggest Cleveland Plasma a sponser (link at bottom of page).

Chris is very helpful and responds to e-mails and calls personally promptly and his prices are not much higher then Amazon.

You would get to support a small company that has great customer service... vote with your wallet.

I'm sorry, but Clevelands price for the Panny I want is 400 above amazon, and then on top of that they want 300 for shipping where as Amazon wants 0 for shipping and 0 for taxes. That's over 700 dollars difference. If I was voting with my wallet, why on earth would I use Cleveland?
post #7 of 11 Old 11-29-2006, 10:47 AM

Did you try Invision Displays? They are a forum sponsor.
post #8 of 11 Old 11-29-2006, 11:13 AM

What happens when you dont like the heavy product you recieve??? Who eats the cost of shipping it back????
post #9 of 11 Old 11-29-2006, 11:16 AM

I ordered my set from Amazon with no problems. Granted it was a DLP, not a plasma. But yes, they use a special shipping company (Eagle GL in my case). With my TV, they delivered it to the local airport on a Friday, but the actually delivery to my house would not happen until the next Wednesday. So I elected to drive the 30 miles to the airport and get it myself. They helped me load it in my truck and strap it down. It was light enough my wife and I got it in the house with no problems. So it wasn't totally free shipping for me, since I paid for the gas to and from the airport. But I didn't have to go another weekend without HD football! :p
post #10 of 11 Old 11-29-2006, 11:31 AM

I bought my Panasonic plasma from them 2 weeks ago (price from them was better than local with tax and shipping tacked on..)

Ordered on a Sunday, the unit was at the depot on Wednesday and I aranged for Saturday delivery to avoid time off of work. Eagle shipping was the carrier, they came during the scheduled window, carried it into the house, uncrated it, but because the stand had to be assembled, they had me inspect it for physical damage and left it to me to assemble the stand and put the unit together. They took all the packaging away.

They told me that if there had been a problem, they had some paperwork and would have taken it back.

The key is to take the time to inspect the unit before signing the paperwork.

It was my first big online purchase and overall it went well.

John
post #11 of 11 Old 11-29-2006, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regularguy
If you read the reviews on Amazon, a complaint is that TVs are non-returnable. That would be a deal-breaker for me.

I would think if you want like a 30 day return policy you should just buy it in a store.
Closed Thread Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page