HiDef photos on Panny with SD Card - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-29-2006, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I lucked out and got the Panasonic 42" HDTV plasma from bb on black friday. Can someone give me a recommendation on where I can get some hi-def quality art or photos to put on an SD card and have a slideshow? I have looked at services like galleryplayer, but the website says I have to have a PC hooked up to my plasma or run it on a dvd, which I don't really want to do either. I am more than willing to pay for a service like that if I know I can use the images without too much hassle. Any ideas?

If I have to go out and find my own photos, what resolution should photos be in to look best on my new tv?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2006, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You might just copy some large (ie full screen) images off the web to an SD card. Search for "desktop wallpaper"...i think Natl Geographic has many nice photos for this purpose. You may want to experiment with cropping and resizing your images in photoshop to get them to look their best on your panel. But it is likely that large photos that you download--or shoot with your own digital camera--will have more pixels/resolution than a current HD panel can display without down-scaling (TVs are only about 1 megapixel, which aint much compared to high-res photos). Regardless of whether you do-it-yourself or purchase some professional slideshow, I think you will be very happy with the way your photos look on a plasma.