Viore Plasma problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 12-05-2006, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hello

about a year ago my parents bought a thanksgiving-day-special Viore 42" Plasma TV. ironically about a year later the TV stopped working . it does turn on, however any A/V signals fed into the inputs are extremely distorted and unviewable. the tuner seems to not work at all for air channels.

I have tried the components, the composite input, etc but they are all trashed.

Any ideas? Is there any way I can fix this TV myself or is this thing gone forever? I already understand that Viore is an incredible dirt-cheap brand and finding parts I hear is nearly impossible...

any help is greatly appreciated! thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-19-2006, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotrauma View Post

hello

about a year ago my parents bought a thanksgiving-day-special Viore 42" Plasma TV. ironically about a year later the TV stopped working . it does turn on, however any A/V signals fed into the inputs are extremely distorted and unviewable. the tuner seems to not work at all for air channels.

I have tried the components, the composite input, etc but they are all trashed.

Any ideas? Is there any way I can fix this TV myself or is this thing gone forever? I already understand that Viore is an incredible dirt-cheap brand and finding parts I hear is nearly impossible...

any help is greatly appreciated! thank you

The exact same thing happened to my parents. Their Viore is doing the exact same thing. They aslo bought it at Thanksgiving last year. It went out a year later to the day. It has a one year warranty but they basically told them, tough crap, we aren't fixing it. We have called all over to have it repaired but every place says they can't get parts for it. I think anyone who bought this is SOL.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-19-2006, 07:03 PM

Viore is another badge name for sets put out by a company called DSI. They also distribute ILO and Akai badged sets.

Unfortunately, while my service company does "attempt" to repair Viore, we aren't always successful. Mostly due to the absolute lack of support by the company when it comes to service after the sale. Their parts situation is pathetic and we have a great deal of difficulty getting any sort of technical support from them. They just plain ignore us.

What cities do you guys live in? I might be able to direct you to one of our service centers close to you. We can at least try and effect repairs as we are authorized on Viore's.
post #4 of 8 Old 01-06-2007, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoshoTiger View Post

The exact same thing happened to my parents. Their Viore is doing the exact same thing. They aslo bought it at Thanksgiving last year. It went out a year later to the day. It has a one year warranty but they basically told them, tough crap, we aren't fixing it. We have called all over to have it repaired but every place says they can't get parts for it. I think anyone who bought this is SOL.

Update: My mom called Walmart and explained to them that Viore would not uphold their warranty and that finding parts for them is basically impossible. Walmart actually refunded in cash. We went directly to Sam's Club and bought a 42" Philips plasma for less than $200 extra. The lady at Walmart said, do not buy another Viore their tvs are crap and their customer service is worse. So the moral of this story is Walmart, for all the crap they get, is a pretty customer friendly place and do not ever buy a Viore tv.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-06-2007, 09:48 AM

It is hard for me to watch these people in lines the day after Thanksgiving buying stuff like the ILO tv's. Shopping for an HDTV isn't something that should be taking lightly. I researched what tv to get for a while and put a lot of time into it. I noticed when in Wal-mart that the ILO's have really dull colors. I didn't mess with the settings but can anybody confirm that even with adjustments that they stay that dull? If they do it would be hard to ever convert people to HD.
post #6 of 8 Old 03-08-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconstant View Post

It is hard for me to watch these people in lines the day after Thanksgiving buying stuff like the ILO tv's. Shopping for an HDTV isn't something that should be taking lightly. I researched what tv to get for a while and put a lot of time into it. I noticed when in Wal-mart that the ILO's have really dull colors. I didn't mess with the settings but can anybody confirm that even with adjustments that they stay that dull? If they do it would be hard to ever convert people to HD.

No idea about the plasma models, but i did own a ILO 32-hd LCD and it was pretty dang good after it was tweaked. Sold it to get a "name brand" plasma, but for the price i was and still am impressed
post #7 of 8 Old 03-08-2007, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoshoTiger View Post

Update: My mom called Walmart and explained to them that Viore would not uphold their warranty and that finding parts for them is basically impossible. Walmart actually refunded in cash. We went directly to Sam's Club and bought a 42" Philips plasma for less than $200 extra. The lady at Walmart said, do not buy another Viore their tvs are crap and their customer service is worse. So the moral of this story is Walmart, for all the crap they get, is a pretty customer friendly place and do not ever buy a Viore tv.

Glad things worked out for her. She is extremely lucky.
post #8 of 8 Old 02-16-2008, 04:42 AM

For off brands like Viore plasma TVs (and for all other brands as well) I found a site on ebay called "shop jimmy" where components have been stripped out of electronic units and are gauranteed to work. Most Viore componenets are reasonably priced and surprisingly are made mostly by Hitachi or LG.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page