Official Pioneer 5070/71 Flashing Blue Light Shut-Down Thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #541 of 711 Old 12-12-2009, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks! I will get it to a repair centre here with this info and hope for the best... Was giving up as I couldn't imagine the futility of shipping back to Pioneer with $'000s of repair costs and no guarantee of a resolution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 711 Old 12-14-2009, 08:46 AM

I've only had my PDP 5080 for a little over two years. This weekend it shut off while being watched and after leaving unplugged overnight, etc. it won't turn on. I'm getting two blinks of the red standby light. When I called Pioneer they said it is most likely an x-drive or y-drive problem. He thought it would be 500 to 700 bucks for the guy to repair. When I googled those the parts didnt seem too expensive. Pioneer support also said I couldnt make these repairs myself - something about codes in some of the switches or panels preventing me from taking them off to get to get to the drives so "only authorized pioneer techs could repair the set". Frustrating. Anyone experienced the two blinks of the flashing standby light and can corroborate or correct this guys assessment? Thanks
post #543 of 711 Old 12-14-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlee1844 View Post

I've only had my PDP 5080 for a little over two years. This weekend it shut off while being watched and after leaving unplugged overnight, etc. it won't turn on. I'm getting two blinks of the red standby light. When I called Pioneer they said it is most likely an x-drive or y-drive problem. He thought it would be 500 to 700 bucks for the guy to repair. When I googled those the parts didnt seem too expensive. Pioneer support also said I couldnt make these repairs myself - something about codes in some of the switches or panels preventing me from taking them off to get to get to the drives so "only authorized pioneer techs could repair the set". Frustrating. Anyone experienced the two blinks of the flashing standby light and can corroborate or correct this guys assessment? Thanks

Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a copy of the field service guide for 2007.

Mike
post #544 of 711 Old 12-19-2009, 08:27 AM

AMMO,

I replaced my PIO 5070 with a new Panasonic 58s1.

I have kept the old 5070 in my office hooked up to an antenna only for hte last 4 weeks. About every other day I try to turn it on. Leave it unplugged sometimes between trying.

This morning, it turned on. I have no idea why or for how long it will stay on. I am going to try to get into and disable the tvgos right now.
post #545 of 711 Old 01-02-2010, 05:52 PM

Hi everyone, I have a 5020 and my set is shutting down after a few hours of viewing and there the blue power light flashed twice. I noticed there was a field manual in one of the other posts for the 5070, and that stated that the problems is a "communication with the module icc" issue. Does anyone know if the same code applies to the 5020?

Thanks!
post #546 of 711 Old 01-02-2010, 10:44 PM

What generation plasma is this and how many blue flashes?

Mike
post #547 of 711 Old 01-02-2010, 11:08 PM

It is two flashes. I am not 100% sure which generation it is. I bought it last year from Best Buy, so I think it is a 9th gen. Thanks for responding!
post #548 of 711 Old 01-03-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgambit View Post

It is two flashes. I am not 100% sure which generation it is. I bought it last year from Best Buy, so I think it is a 9th gen. Thanks for responding!

The service manual I have only goes up to 8th Gen and I do not see the PDP 5020 listed. Sorry. Suggest you research the net to find the appropriate manual.

Mike
post #549 of 711 Old 01-03-2010, 03:40 PM

will do.

thanks for the help ammo
post #550 of 711 Old 01-19-2010, 08:59 PM

I have an unusual problem that I was not able to find in a number of searches I have tried, so I will post here with hopes that someone may have encountered this. I've had the 5070 for about three years and it has been working fine (occasional flashing blue light after turn off but no issue). The problem I have noticed recently is when I am changing the channels using the PDP's tuner (hooked to Comcast cable with no cable box) all is fine until I hit channel 36. The tuner locks at channel 36. To get out of this I need to turn the set off, but when it is turned on again a message appears stating to wait for set to start up. It eventually recovers after 10 minutes but if the set is shutdown before it recovers it goes into a blue flashing light mode (12 blinks). Anyone seen this before...appreciate any assistance.
post #551 of 711 Old 01-25-2010, 12:00 PM

I have a 5080, bought November 2008, no problems till now.

Running PS3 over HDMI, 360 over HDMI, satellite HD over HDMI.

Cable and OTA not used at all.

Now getting shut off about every 45 min of use with the 12 flashing blue lights.

Tried unplugging, leaving unlugged overnight, setting zip to 00000 for TVGOS (which I don't even use), and it still happens. Also tried only enabling ANTB or neither and still no luck.

What should I do next? Call Pioneer?

HELP!
post #552 of 711 Old 02-01-2010, 07:59 AM

I have pio 5070 plasma and was giving to me for free. The blue light blinks 13 times, so did some research and it seems the power supply board is bad. So I took the back off to make sure all cable where not loose and made sure the cables were snapped in to the connectors. I place the cover back on and now the red and blue light stays on constantly. I took the cover back off to make sure all cable were in place, and still have red and blue light stays on constantly. Any suggestions?
post #553 of 711 Old 02-01-2010, 09:31 AM

Eddieasher,
Blue Blink 13 times = Abnormality in the power
supply voltage.
Remarks listed in service manual says: As it is very difficult to identify the defective part, replacement of the Assy or the
power unit is required.

Not sure about the Red and Blue lights, did you try unplug for a few minutes?

Mike
post #554 of 711 Old 02-01-2010, 09:50 AM

Hingisfan,

12 blinking blue = Digital Tuner communication. Pioneer has a software update for this 12 blink problem I believe. Doubt Ant B will be of any help. Try resetting correct zip after power unplug. If nothing helps, call pioneer.

Mike
post #555 of 711 Old 02-01-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaseen View Post

I have an unusual problem that I was not able to find in a number of searches I have tried, so I will post here with hopes that someone may have encountered this. I've had the 5070 for about three years and it has been working fine (occasional flashing blue light after turn off but no issue). The problem I have noticed recently is when I am changing the channels using the PDP's tuner (hooked to Comcast cable with no cable box) all is fine until I hit channel 36. The tuner locks at channel 36. To get out of this I need to turn the set off, but when it is turned on again a message appears stating to wait for set to start up. It eventually recovers after 10 minutes but if the set is shutdown before it recovers it goes into a blue flashing light mode (12 blinks). Anyone seen this before...appreciate any assistance.

12 Blue on this model indicates a problem with the digital tuner. Try unplugging the set from the back for several minutes.

Mike
post #556 of 711 Old 02-01-2010, 10:18 AM

I left unit unplug for 24 hrs. turn off unit for 24 hrs via power button front of unit. I check the back of unit to make sure the switch is pushed in ( if you take the back cover off there is a switch that turns off the TV when you take the back cover off )

I am lost.
post #557 of 711 Old 03-25-2010, 07:36 PM

Hello,

I have a 12 blue light flashing problem. I never had the tv shut off on me before. What happened to me was the electricity went out at the house when a thunderstorm rolled in. After that the tv(pro-950) would say tv warming up on power up but after several minutes go to the 12 blue flashes the pause then repeat symptom. I can not get into the tv guide menu to check to see if I can turn it off. I have tried the unplug and wait approach. I have also noticed that if I try to enter service menu the Tv acts like it let me in, but I have no display. Also no display on factory reset. Only will give red standby light after unpluging but once power button is pressed it trys to power up but reverts to 12 flashing blue light symptom. I have a 4 year extended warranty at best buy. The service man will be here tommorow. Wish me luck! Also if anyone can help I sure would appreciate it. Would also like a Pro-950 service manual if anyone has access.

Thanks,
Carter

Thanks,
Carter
post #558 of 711 Old 03-25-2010, 11:05 PM

Good luck Carter....this thread has been dead for a while. I do check it once in a while. Let me know how it goes. I too have had the 12 light problem. But since the over the air transition to Digital, it has not happened once.
Yours sounds like you took a surge.
post #559 of 711 Old 03-27-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiemon View Post

Good luck Carter....this thread has been dead for a while. I do check it once in a while. Let me know how it goes. I too have had the 12 light problem. But since the over the air transition to Digital, it has not happened once.
Yours sounds like you took a surge.

Thanks Scottiemon....
The service man came out yesterday and thinks the problem is the Digital input Board. He did take the TV in and said it may be 2 weeks!.....Ouch!
I sure hope they can fix it. I do not think Best Buy has any Pioneers left to replace it with. Anyone have a know what would be the best possible replacement Best buy currently carries? I just do not think anything would compare to Pioneer.

Thanks
Carter

Thanks,
Carter
post #560 of 711 Old 03-27-2010, 12:03 PM

I know nothing will compare with the Pioneer. I have the 50 inch plasma, that I bought in October of 2006. I purchased a 4 year warranty with it. I used to have the 12 blinking lights with shut down a couple times a week. I never called service, as it was only an inconvenience. I would turn the set back on, and all was OK for another half of week.
As stated, since the digital switchover (I have on over the air antenna as a backup to cable) I have not had the issue.
As far as a new set, I think if I had to start all over today, I would be looking at the Sony LCD sets. Pricy, but to date these are the only sets I have seen that I thought "wow, this is even better than my Pioneer". At the time it was the XBR series. That was a while ago though, and I am sure the models have changed since then. When I got the Pioneer, plasma was still the way to go. LCD has come a long way since then.
Good Luck, and check back and let me know how it goes!!
post #561 of 711 Old 05-12-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter View Post

Hello,

I have a 12 blue light flashing problem. I never had the tv shut off on me before. What happened to me was the electricity went out at the house when a thunderstorm rolled in. After that the tv(pro-950) would say tv warming up on power up but after several minutes go to the 12 blue flashes the pause then repeat symptom. I can not get into the tv guide menu to check to see if I can turn it off. I have tried the unplug and wait approach. I have also noticed that if I try to enter service menu the Tv acts like it let me in, but I have no display. Also no display on factory reset. Only will give red standby light after unpluging but once power button is pressed it trys to power up but reverts to 12 flashing blue light symptom. I have a 4 year extended warranty at best buy. The service man will be here tommorow. Wish me luck! Also if anyone can help I sure would appreciate it. Would also like a Pro-950 service manual if anyone has access.

Thanks,
Carter

Well I finally got my TV back. It powered up and looked good. Of course anything would have looked good after watching a little small 19 inch crt in my living room for several weeks. I was so happy. The picture was bright but I expected that after they replaced the digital main board. I check and made sure all inputs worked a happily let the repair man leave. Later on I went to calibrate it back to D-nice's starting point settings.(Thanks D-nice! for provideing them) Sure enough it came back from repair in dynamic picture mode. No big deal I thought thats easy enough to change. I went to put it in pure mode but this mode did not exist. I was dissapointed. I also found the home media gallery menu had limited functions. I finally discovered my pro-950HD elite was no longer a elite. All the elite functions had been stripped off. I went through the repair process again and after another week I finally received my ELITE model back in my home and everthing is now good. The TV has worked fine for about 3 days now. The repair guy said he had to get the same model main board from Pioneer with different firmware and software. Honest mistake I guess. Anyway I am happy again. Thanks to ALL who offered there opinions and Advice.

Thanks,
Carter
post #562 of 711 Old 05-12-2010, 06:08 PM

That is great news indeed! Thanks for posting.
post #563 of 711 Old 05-14-2010, 08:57 PM

If I had any choice at all in returning a pioneer with 12 flashing lights, I would do it. My 5070 continues to be a problem. What a piece of junk. I will NEVER buy another Pioneer product. I did call Pioneer and all they could tell me was "take it to an authorized Pioneer repair shop" - and they were extremely rude when I tried to talk to them about the things I had learned from reading this thread.

My work-around right now is to split the cable signal out of the wall - run one straight to the Antenna input on the tv. Leave it like that until it can apparently download the tv guide feature from that line. Sometimes it takes a week; other times it happens very quickly. Then, once I have the tv turning on, I run the other cable line into a cable box, and run the hdmi cord from the cable box to the hdmi input. Watch tv on the hdmi input. That is what is working for me right now. It has been hooked up like that from January until mid-May and mostly worked. One time it went out and I was able to fix it in a couple of hours this way. Then we had a bad storm which knocked out the power. When it came back on, flashing blue lights of death. unhooked everything and tried and tried and took about a week - but it is now back on. Man, I hate this tv. I've got a samsung and a vizio that don't have as nice of a picture, but they turn on and don't send my blood pressure through the roof everytime I look at them. And now I have a 2009 58" Panasonic that has a nicer picture - plus it works. My advice to everyone in this thread is save your money - don't buy a Pioneer. Buy a panasonic.
post #564 of 711 Old 05-15-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfo View Post

My advice to everyone in this thread is save your money - don't buy a Pioneer. Buy a panasonic.

I thought Pioneer was out of the TV business??
post #565 of 711 Old 05-21-2010, 11:23 AM

Yes, they are out of the KURO business, but they still maintain support. And they are freakin' rude and try to dump you to a service person in a heart beat. I mean, don't they have an error code for these blinking lights and troubleshooting tips to give us? Geez, which century do they live in?!!! You pay a fortune for these wonderful expensive babies and right after warranty they start to give problems.....seems like they programmed to make it work that way!!! AND then they expect us to fork more $$$$ to fix it. WTF..?!

I have a Pro-1150HD and it's been happening the last 2-3 weeks randomly...5 blue blinks everytime and it does not turn back on automatically. The remote works fine to turn it off and then back on. I do get the error message saying "check your speaker for shorting...". I use external speakers and removed the TV speakers a long time ago. What on earth am I looking for shorting and what does the message mean?? Anyone?

Thx!
post #566 of 711 Old 06-08-2010, 06:02 PM

Damn. I got home yesteday, turned on my wonderful 5080, and nothing... then she blinked the blue power light 8 times and continued to do that. Thankfully I have the Best Buy 4 year warranty, but this still sucks. I'm hoping they can repair it - from an earlier post, 8 blinks "indicates a failure in IIC communication with the main microcomputer", which I'm hoping is as simple as a connector having wiggled loose with time. If not......... what's the best TV available now at Best Buy? I've been so spoiled by Kuros it hurts to think of another set.
post #567 of 711 Old 06-10-2010, 10:47 PM

Let's hope it does not come to that...but if it does, you will simply have to let your eyes decide. My 50" plasma comes out of warranty around Thanksgiving this year. With my luck, the doggone thing will die the day after.
I have to say, I do love the high end Sony LCD. LCD has come a long way since I bought my plasma in 2006.
post #568 of 711 Old 06-15-2010, 09:02 PM

Hey everyone I have the Pioneer Elite 507 model and I have the 12 Blue Light Blinking Problem and shut down. I have tried to leave it unplugged for a few days and try it but no luck. I've also tried to do the TV guide thing, but I cannot even access that part. When it does come on, it will come on and say, "starting up, please wait" then shut down. For those who have had this warrantied, what the was part that was replaced? I would appreciate a part number, as it seems simple enough where I can replace the board myself. My Plasma is out of warranty. I have tried calling Pioneer, but they were not much of help, just told me to bring it to an authorized tech. I mentioned that there might be a firmware update or so, but they seemed like they didn't believe me. Thanks in advance.
post #569 of 711 Old 06-21-2010, 08:08 PM

The results have been all over the place. Some report firmware update, some report a board replacement, some report a tv guide workaround.
My issue went away after the digital transition. Not sure why.
Good luck....this thread is all but dead.
post #570 of 711 Old 07-07-2010, 06:53 PM

My 4280HD went into 12 blue light blinking after a power outage yesterday and it comes back into the wait a moment, starting up screen from which it then shuts off back into 12 blue lights as many others have mentioned. Thing is about a month ago I found it in blinking blue light mode and didn't know what it was and just pressed the off switch under the tv and turned it back on shortly and everything was fine until a few days later when only the HDMI inputs would work, the SD inputs only had sound, no picture.

I don't have an antenna but I guess its worth a shot since I don't have a Pioneer service center for plasmas in my country (Puerto Rico). Still have to talk with a Pioneer rep for any longshot tomorrow. I wonder if AMMO has the repair manuals for this model (or firmware if that sort of thing is allowed here) too since I'm pretty sure it will have to be a DIY fix if I am to get it working again. Otherwise Panasonic better put those Pio patents/engineers to good use for next year's models.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page