Official Pioneer 5070/71 Flashing Blue Light Shut-Down Thread - Page 25 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

post #721 of 730 Old 02-07-2015, 03:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Guys! Very pleased to say that piecing things together in this forum I found the solution! And it cost me $0!!! Thanks so much to everyone here. For those who have arrived here (like I did) after a google search:

1. If you have a 8th gen (8G) 50" Elite (model PRO-1150HD) and your problem is 12 blinking blue LEDs and NOTHING ELSE, then this is 99% also your problem.
2. The issue is with the digital tuner. The main OS shuts the TV down when it has an issue getting its guide info over the air. Remember this set was built during the transition between analog and digital broadcast TV, and has some quirks because of it. You need to do TWO THINGS to prevent this from happening again:
2a. Disable the TV Guide subsystem from running at all. To do that, you need to bring up the "Integrator Menu" or other engineering menus and do the reset. Mine said "reset aborted" but it still worked. Then, you power the TV back on, be patient (it should show up at analog channel 1, then after ~30 sec) it should display a "Welcome your TV has this awesome TV guide feature!" You want to select the last one: never remind me again.
2b. You need to set the clock manually. Hit the home menu, then tuner setup. Arrow over to Clock and set up your time manually.
3. The problem is a lot of these services are simply not broadcast in the same way that the tuner in our TV's was designed to receive it. Turning these off prevents the power-off-12 blink cycle. It had nothing to do with mainboards, power, etc. It was all because I decided to "cut the cord" and plug in an antenna after years of just using this TV as a monitor for my HTPC.

Thank goodness for you great people here at AVSForum. As always, I find the best, most reliable info here. Check out Page 20 for a ton of good 1150HD info on this thread.

Edit: Here are the instructions from earlier in this thread:
Factory Reset Procedure (Integrator Menu)

1 With tv off/in standby....press home menu.
2 Within 3 sec turn tv on , Integrated Menu will appear.
3 Hold Display button until Final Setup appears in the top menu.
4 Arrow left or right until yes appears in lower menu.
5 Hold enter until menu disappears.
6 Wait 1 min.
7 Power tv off and unplug from the wall for 5 or more min.

Pioneer lover: Elite TV and AVR | HTPC Masochist | Bit-perfect Audiophile | Networking Guru |

Last edited by Cetrian; 02-09-2015 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Added Integrator menu & Reset Info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 730 Old 02-08-2015, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 90
@Cetrian : I was just about to post the tuner fix when I saw your reply. Glad it worked out!
post #723 of 730 Old 02-08-2015, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I had the same issue with my 5070. Had it upstairs for about 7 years with never a single glitch. Moved it to the basement and had the flashing blue light. WTF? With the move I didnt hook up a cable box, just local channels connected. I turned on that TV Guide thing which never worked anyway. Turned that back off and all is well.
post #724 of 730 Old 02-08-2015, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cetrian View Post
Guys! Very pleased to say that piecing things together in this forum I found the solution! And it cost me $0!!! Thanks so much to everyone here. For those who have arrived here (like I did) after a google search:

1. If you have a 8th gen (8G) 50" Elite (model PRO-1150HD) and your problem is 12 blinking blue LEDs and NOTHING ELSE, then this is 99% also your problem.
2. The issue is with the digital tuner. The main OS shuts the TV down when it has an issue getting its guide info over the air. Remember this set was built during the transition between analog and digital broadcast TV, and has some quirks because of it. You need to do TWO THINGS to prevent this from happening again:
2a. Disable the TV Guide subsystem from running at all. To do that, you need to bring up the "Integrator Menu" or other engineering menus and do the reset. Mine said "reset aborted" but it still worked. Then, you power the TV back on, be patient (it should show up at analog channel 1, then after ~30 sec) it should display a "Welcome your TV has this awesome TV guide feature!" You want to select the last one: never remind me again.
2b. You need to set the clock manually. Hit the home menu, then tuner setup. Arrow over to Clock and set up your time manually.
3. The problem is a lot of these services are simply not broadcast in the same way that the tuner in our TV's was designed to receive it. Turning these off prevents the power-off-12 blink cycle. It had nothing to do with mainboards, power, etc. It was all because I decided to "cut the cord" and plug in an antenna after years of just using this TV as a monitor for my HTPC.

Thank goodness for you great people here at AVSForum. As always, I find the best, most reliable info here. Check out Page 20 for a ton of good 1150HD info on this thread.
And how does one do that?

Paul
post #725 of 730 Old 02-09-2015, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Edited my original post so it's all in one place.

Factory Reset Procedure

6 Wait 1 min.

Pioneer lover: Elite TV and AVR | HTPC Masochist | Bit-perfect Audiophile | Networking Guru |
post #726 of 730 Old 02-14-2015, 05:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:

6 Wait 1 min.
Hi
I have a Kuro 5090.
I followed your instructions got to Integrator menu but don't have a display button on my remote.
Could you tell me which button it is please.
Rob
post #727 of 730 Old 02-17-2015, 09:07 PM

Thanks so much for making this awesome thread. I have been battling with this problem for 2 days and this has been hands down the most informative and helpful link I have found, as it has taken me from "time to get a new TV" to "Ok let's fix this!" and I finally have. Either way I'll document my 40 hours of banging my head against a wall here in case anyone else has this problem. Or in case I haven't actually fixed mine yet and I still need more help Here's the breakdown

Set: Pro-1130HD
MR: Pioneer Pro-R06U
TV: Pioneer Pro-506PU
Application: I have one HDMI cable plugged into the MR going to my windows PC, nothing else.
Issue: 2 days ago the TV turned off, and the MR flashed BLUE LED 12 times. When I turn it back on, it says "Starting Up..." and either turns itself back off, or starts back up and then turns itself back off. Either way, 12 blue led blinks follow.
Research: Google and this forum has led me to believe i need to take the 'TV Guide' feature of this TV out back and shoot it. Hopefully that just means a factory reset.

Solution: First you will need to get into the Factory Service Menu (steps 1-2), and then you need to factory reset the TV (steps 3-5). Some of these sequences seem retarded,
1. Turn the MR to standy with the TV on so that the LED on the TV and the MR are both red.
2. With the Remote Control pointed at the bottom right corner of the TV (where the IR sensor is), Press and release the DISPLAY button, and then wait 3 Seconds. Then press LEFT, UP, LEFT, RIGHT, POWER all within 10 Sec. (took me a few tries, go slow)
3. Press the MUTING button until it says "INITIALIZE" in the top right corner of the screen.
4. Press the UP ARROW until FINAL SETUP appears at the bottom of the screen and then press the ENTER button.
5. Press the LEFT ARROW until the bottom reads "DATA RESET <=> :YES" and then press and HOLD the ENTER button until the TV TURNS OFF.
6. The TV will power cycle, and turn itself back on. Once this happens, turn it back off and on again one more time. A TV GUIDE screen will appear. Select the "never mention this again" option.

Well that's been my experience, hopefully it helps someone out there. My TV is now going on 3 hours without a reset. Hopefully I can get a few more years out of it. I'll be back if it starts acting up again!
post #728 of 730 Old 03-09-2015, 08:56 PM

Hi, I own a pdp-4280hd and a blue led is blinking 12 times like many. I read that's a problem with the tv guide. I couldn't used the TV during the last week. It's the 2nd time I have this problem and I don't know what I did to unblock the TV the first time. I think I have to do a factory reset but I don't know how with this model. Any help would be welcomed.
post #729 of 730 Old 04-05-2015, 11:15 AM

Tried so much already - no luck,

Quote:

6 Wait 1 min.

Please help. I have read the posts on this thread many times over the years and have tried many steps to remedy the 12 flashing blue light syndrome on my Elite 1150HD. For some reason the only thing that has worked was to unplug the unit, press and hold the power button a time or two and leave it unplugged overnight or longer. The 12 blue flashes would only happen after a power outage yet not all power outages. The TV is connected to satellite via HDMI and some aux units like DVD and Apple TV.

My issue is it has happened AGAIN after a brief power outage, 2 seconds at the most, and leaving it unplugged is not working. I have reviewed this thread and tried everything. My issue is I cannot get to the integrated menu mentioned in step 2 in the factory reset process.

I have disconnected the TV from all inputs now.

Here is what happens when I use three different techniques:

On step 2 of the factory reset when the TV powers on I get the "starting up. please wait" message every time instead of the integrated menu.

At this point if I:

A. Press HOME MENU again, I get the HOME MENU and cannot select the tuner setup nor the home gallery features. Interestingly, after 5 seconds or so, the home gallery becomes selectable and when I select it, it says to wait, it is getting information. A few seconds later it turns off and I am greeted with the 12 blue flashes again.

B. When the TV turns on in step 2 and displays the "starting up. please wait" message I press and hold DISPLAY or simply press and release the DISPLAY button, the "starting up. please wait" remains until it decides to turn off and flash 12 blue.

C. If I try step 2 and select HOME MENU while looking at the "starting up. please wait" message, the HOME MENU appears as before. I then press DISPLAY at this point and the "starting up. please wait" message appears. I can toggle back and forth between the HOME MENU and the "starting up. please wait" message by selecting the HOME MENU button and DISPLAY buttons respectively until the TV turns off and gives me 12 blue flashes.

Can anyone clarify how to get to the integrated menu or post a picture of this menu so I might recognize it if it appears?

Does anyone still have the service manual available?

Thank you very much for this forum and your help.
post #730 of 730 Old 04-11-2015, 04:25 PM

Unhappy 13 Blinking Lights Pioneer Elite Pro 507PU

I have a Pioneer Elite Pro 507PU, and after many years of not having any trouble with it, it would not come on today and it started with a blinking blue light that flashes 13 times.
I have seen on many forums that peoples TV's have blinked 12 times, but mine is blinking 13 times. I also have not had any luck with any information about how to trouble shoot the 507PU. If anyone out there can tell me how to fix my TV or at least tell me what the 13 blinking lights mean, I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays