Official Pioneer 5070/71 Flashing Blue Light Shut-Down Thread - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

post #751 of 767 Old 03-19-2016, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I di all this and now have no Picture! Any ideas why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 767 Old 03-19-2016, 06:28 PM

Exclamation No Picture

I did all the steps and now have no picture!
Any ideas?
post #753 of 767 Old 04-22-2016, 07:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 52
My Kuro starting exhibiting some disturbing behaviour today out of the blue and I was wondering if anyone has encountered something similar before. It's unplugged right now but when I get it up and running again, if the problem returns which I suspect it will I'll count the number of flashes and if it's 12 I'll see if I can do the system restore that I read about in this thread. My model is the PRO-150FD though, form 2008 and I don't really see much mention of this model in this thread. Unless I skimmed over it I don't think I came across a situation exactly like mine.

So here's my situation and story.

After I got home and powered up the system all seemed well. I was busy doing stuff for a while and when I came back to the tv I noticed there was no picture, a completely black screen and the blue power LED was blinking. I hard power cycled the tv and the picture came back and all seemed well. Sometime after the issue happened again. I cycled through the HDMI inputs but the picture was black on all inputs. I even checked my composite input, same thing. Like the 1st time the blue LED was flashing. I hard power cycled it again and the picture was back.

It happened a 3rd time, this time I powered it down and changed power cables. It powered up normally. The problem returned. This time instead of hard power cycling the unit I simply hit the standby button and the picture came back and the LED went back to the proper solid blue from flashing. It was interesting that hitting the standby button didn't turn the LED red and put the tv into standby mode. Instead it acted more like a reset for whatever was going on.

The problem continues, at 1st I thought roughly every 30 to 45 minutes but it's more like between 20 and 30. Going in behind the tv the mid to upper left side seems quite warm but of course these TV's get warm anyways so I'm not sure if what I'm feeling is elevated heat or not. Could be just paranoia.

I've now got the tv unplugged, it's been over an hour, I'll plug it back in shortly to see if anything has changed. I suspect it'll continue to do the same thing.

I've checked my power options and standby options and everything is disabled so it 's not one of those features kicking in.

In reading the manual it indicates a flashing power or standby light can indicate the protective circuits activating which I have seen mentioned earlier in the thread.

Has anyone experienced my exact situation?

post #754 of 767 Old 04-22-2016, 08:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

So after 35 minutes the screen shut off and there is 12 flashes of the blue LED followed by about 2 or 3 seconds with no light then it repeats. I had a coax plugged in which only had a feed of my apartment building's lobby camera so I unplugged that before I plugged the tv back in and powered it up just in case that had somehow started causing the issue.

I wanted to ask before I try the reset will this blow away my locked ISF calibration settings? If so I'll have to dig around to see if I can find the ControlCal files that were saved at the time of calibration.

post #755 of 767 Old 04-22-2016, 08:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

It just occurred to me, are the instructions to do the reset earlier in the thread applicable for the Elite models like my PRO-150FD? I'm was thinking they may not work at all, there could be a completely different set of steps to accomplish this.

post #756 of 767 Old 04-23-2016, 01:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post
So after 35 minutes the screen shut off and there is 12 flashes of the blue LED followed by about 2 or 3 seconds with no light then it repeats. I had a coax plugged in which only had a feed of my apartment building's lobby camera so I unplugged that before I plugged the tv back in and powered it up just in case that had somehow started causing the issue.

I wanted to ask before I try the reset will this blow away my locked ISF calibration settings? If so I'll have to dig around to see if I can find the ControlCal files that were saved at the time of calibration.

The 12 flashing blue lights is a problem with the digital tuner which is the main assembly board. All inputs on the TV are connected to the main board so if you are not getting video and audio on any input then the board may need to be replaced. One of the issues that would cause the 12 blue lights on the 8G models would have been the TV Guide On Screen feature so if that is activated you can go into the TV Guide setup and enter all zeros for the zip code. But most likely the main board is going out.
Fro your TV it will be $785 for the part.
http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/...elNum=PRO150FD

"You lose it in here you're in a world of hurt"
post #757 of 767 Old 04-23-2016, 01:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks for the response and link to the parts page. I'm surprised there are still so many parts available.

So far so good after the factory reset. The tv has been up and running correctly all day so far. I'm hoping that was all that was needed. Fingers very tightly crossed.

post #758 of 767 Old 04-23-2016, 03:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post
Thanks for the response and link to the parts page. I'm surprised there are still so many parts available.

So far so good after the factory reset. The tv has been up and running correctly all day so far. I'm hoping that was all that was needed. Fingers very tightly crossed.

No problem! If your TV has the TV Guide feature it was that what was causing your issue. Mine got to the point where it would restart and never get past the TV is starting up screen so I could not even get to do the factory reset.
You main assembly board is much cheaper than the one for my 5010. Mine is currently around $1200. I paid $900 two years ago for one.

"You lose it in here you're in a world of hurt"
post #759 of 767 Old 06-07-2016, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Rod#S,
Tim here with the same Kuro (150FD) and similar problem.
Is your Kuro still working ok?
Thanks.
post #760 of 767 Old 06-07-2016, 07:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Yep, so far so good. The factory reset did the trick.

post #761 of 767 Old 06-07-2016, 07:55 PM

Rod#S
I can get to the "Final Setup Menu" but can't the "YES" to display- only the three dashes "---".
Do I go left or right?
How many times do I press to get to YES?
Do you remember?
Thanks!
post #762 of 767 Old 06-08-2016, 05:45 AM

Looking for help from anybody on how to do a successful factory reset.
I have a Pioneer Pro 150FD plasma tv with the blinking lights and am trying to do the factory reset

I can get to the "Final Setup Menu" for the reset on the tv but can't get the "YES" to display in the lower menu.
No matter how many times I press left or right-- "YES" never appears in the lower menu.

Is there something else I should be doing? Any suggestions?
Thanks!
post #763 of 767 Old 06-10-2016, 03:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

It's odd that you can't navigate to confirm the reboot. I believe there may have been a couple different reboot procedures posted and it's possible there were slight differences between. I thought I had saved off the instructions I used but I can't seem to find anything so it looks like I didn't. Search back through the thread to find the postings of the instructions. There must be something simple that's being missed since you are almost complete.

post #764 of 767 Old 08-07-2016, 01:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Posting here as well as the owner's thread since both are nearly dead now.

I have been thru the TV Guide issue a couple of times and regained control. Yesterday the TV (5010) wouldn't get past the "turning on, please wait" message.

Today it boots and runs fine, except I no longer have video on the component inputs.. HDMI is fine. I've NEVER experienced any blinking light issues, oddly.

I'm going to go thru the reset procedure again, but posting in case someone else has encountered this.
post #765 of 767 Old 08-10-2016, 06:18 PM

Hi, I have a Pioneer KRP600/M01 media receiver setup.

I started getting blue blinking LED error switching HDMI after the set had been on for an hour or so over the past two months. Unplugging the receiver for 5-10 mins from the mains solves the issue - I never unplug the TV. The issue started not long after I purchased cheap HDMI 1.4 cables which are in a very cramped space. The receiver has got the all clear from Pioneer service, they've asked me to bring in the TV. I'd rather avoid the hassle as the issue only arises on switching HDMI. In fact, I can access all menu's, Digital tv, satellite with no problems - so the issue must be some kind of HDMI related cause?

Any possibility the blue light shut down issue could be as simple as a communication error with these HDMI cables? Could this issue really be related to the main TV as the HDMI etc are all located in the receiver?

I have tried a new Display Port cable as well but no luck. Haven't tried a factory reset or different AV cables.

Many thanks in advance
post #766 of 767 Old 09-08-2016, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Has anyone ever tried removing the CMOS battery from the mainboard and then putting it back in?

Without fail, my 5070 always comes back to life from blue blinking light syndrome, but only after being left entirely unplugged for 30 to 60 days. Evidently something happens with the faulty TV Guide software after that period of time. Some sort reset that allows it to work again until the power goes out once more. Then it's another 30 days of leaving it unplugged. Try to turn it on any sooner and the counter just resets.

I was thinking that removing the CMOS battery then replacing it it several seconds or a minute later might completely wipe the system settings or any sort of data that the TV stores and immediately return it to a working state-- if only until the main electrical power to the TV is lost again. Even if that works, I don't know how feasible it would be to leave the TV in a state where I would have access to the main board enough to quickly get at the CMOS a few times a year.

I've got my 5070 on a UPS battery backup that allows it to run for hours if the power goes out while the TV is in standby mode. If the power goes out while the TV is actually on then it will eat through the battery backup in 15 minutes or so while pulling the like, 600 watts or whatever this TV uses.

Time to move on to OLED I guess. Didn't care at all for the LCDs that became popular after plasma.
post #767 of 767 Old 09-24-2016, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Does anyone know how to turn the fans on in a PRO-150FD? I noticed the tv is running very hot at the back and the fans aren't even engaged. I did a factory reset early in the year so I'm wondering if that broke whatever logic the tv would normally have to know when to engage the fans. I assume this is something that can be done in the service menu??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays