TH-50PX60U and Connecting to PC - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-30-2007, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After reading through this forum, I think I've decided to pull the trigger and purchase the Panasonic TH-50PX60U. However, I'm looking for a plasma that I can connect my computer to and as I understand, the TH-50PX60U does not have a PC input available. I know the TH-50PX600X model does have a PC input but it also costs about $200 - $300 more.

My question is would there be a way to connect my PC to the 60U? Could I get an adapter of some kind? Or am I resigned to have to get the 600U if I want to connect to my PC? Sorry if this is a simple question, I'm a newbie. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-30-2007, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Very simple use an HDMI to DVI cable and connect it with an (VGA) Male to DVI-A Female Adapter.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...ormat=2&style=

That will simplify the whole solution. Don't worry about not buying the 600u. From what I understand that most people have had success with HDMI to DVI w/ VGA-DVI adapter.

Cree
post #3 of 7 Old 01-30-2007, 09:23 PM

Just for the record, the DVI-HDMI from a pc is VERY VERY nice on the 50px60u. I wish i had one just for a monitor. The text is VERY clear!!

Make sur eyour video card will adjust for the overscan or you wont be able to see your task bar. The nVidia card on my e1705 (7800) works like a charm.

From my research the VGA input on the 600u sucks anyway.

Trust me, you will be VERY happy.

Eric
post #4 of 7 Old 01-30-2007, 10:32 PM

Uh, Creemail, clarify what you're saying. It's possible to:

Take a VGA output, & use a VGA to DVI-A cable. You're still outputting 15-pin analog, but DVI can handle both.

It's also possible to:

Take a DVI-D output, & use a DVI to HDMI cable. The signaling information for DVI (digital) and HDMI are the same, after all.

It is NOT possible to pass an analog VGA signal onto a digital HDMI connector with use of an intermediate VGA-DVI adapter.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-31-2007, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

My PC does have a DVI input so I guess I'll only need to get an HDMI to DVI cable. But my graphics card is pretty weak, it's only a Radeon X300 128 mb. Will this be able to handle the feed and not get the overscan problem? Or will I need a get a more powerful graphics card?
post #6 of 7 Old 01-03-2010, 06:21 AM

We are struggling getting a TH-50PX60U hooked up to a computer with HDMI outputs. The computer is the new Acer Aspire Revo 3610-U9012.

The Panasonic TH-50PX60U will not display the output from the HDMI, it just sits in 480i mode with black screen (using HDMI 1 & 2 inputs). HDMI 2 will display the initial boot screen (orangy pink screen) and will display screen in safe boot mode. But once you boot to standard mode, it just displays black screen. All the Sony and Samsung TV's we've tried work flawlessly.

We have ordered a HDMI to Component video converter box, hoping this will solve the issue.

We struggled with the Panasonic's HDMI inputs on Comcast's Scientific Atlanta DVR STB and had to resort to Component video to get it to work.

Has anyone been successful in connecting a HTPC via HDMI to the Panasonic Plasmas?
post #7 of 7 Old 01-18-2010, 09:59 AM

We were able to get the HDMI to Component Video converter to work. And are now able to see the computer screen on the Panasonic TH-50PX60U plasma (@720p)
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page