Pioneer PDP-4271HD Blinking power light - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 02-02-2007, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
On my Pioneer 4271 I am getting the blue power on light flashing
when I get up in the morning, or when I come home from work.
It is not all the time but occasionally.The tv works fine when its on with no trouble.I have it connected to the Monster hts-3500.
The manual says to unplug for a minute if this happens.I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem and how concerned should I be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-02-2007, 09:24 PM

I am bumping this because I have exactly the same problem.

I have noticed that my light blinks 12 times with a pause between sets of 12. It is always the same number of blinks.

The troubleshooting table at the rear of the manual says it may be "internal protection circuits" and to contact your Authorized Service Center.

I have a surge protector and I have not noticed any abnormal power problems with anything else in my home. Like you, I have had no other problems with my set. (excluding a bit of burn in from 4:3 viewing, which is getting better)
post #3 of 15 Old 02-03-2007, 04:07 AM

Sounds similar to the problems discussed in this thread involving the 50" Pioneer panel.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=764225
post #4 of 15 Old 02-05-2007, 07:39 PM

AAIERON

To update the thread, I had a Pioneer service guy out today to check on a couple of problems with my set, one of which was the blinking blue light.

He called the factory service tech while at my house and the service tech confirmed that the blinking blue light was due to the TV Guide not updating correctly.

Nothing to worry about. The tech turned off my tv guide since my digital cable comes with one also.
post #5 of 15 Old 02-06-2007, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto6457 View Post

AAIERON

To update the thread, I had a Pioneer service guy out today to check on a couple of problems with my set, one of which was the blinking blue light.

He called the factory service tech while at my house and the service tech confirmed that the blinking blue light was due to the TV Guide not updating correctly.

Nothing to worry about. The tech turned off my tv guide since my digital cable comes with one also.

Did you see what he did to turn off the TV Guide feature of the Pioneer? Was it in the service menu or the standard user menu?

Thanks
post #6 of 15 Old 02-06-2007, 10:21 PM

Chris

Unfortunately, I was on the phone with a client and I was not paying attention when he turned off the TV Guide.

He did have a laptop attached to the service port and he was talking to a Pioneer Service tech on the phone. My power light no longer flashes and my TV Guide is gone.
post #7 of 15 Old 02-06-2007, 11:54 PM
AVS Special Member

I pulled this from another thread with the same problem on the 5070:
"This problem is just the guide trying to update itself. Go into the guide setup, and tell it not to update, and put 0000 in for your zip code. Then set the clock to be set manually."

Here is that thread. I found several others out there when I ran a search.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post9098694
post #8 of 15 Old 02-07-2007, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr8z1 View Post

I pulled this from another thread with the same problem on the 5070:
"This problem is just the guide trying to update itself. Go into the guide setup, and tell it not to update, and put 0000 in for your zip code. Then set the clock to be set manually."

Here is that thread. I found several others out there when I ran a search.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post9098694

Unfortunately, from reading the many posts on the subject that work-around doesn't always seem to solve the issue for everyone. My suspicion is there is a way to disable the guide in the service menu. Maybe I'll try an email or a call to Pioneer tech support to see if they can help with this issue.
post #9 of 15 Old 05-11-2007, 04:59 AM

Bumping an old thread here, as I just got a 4270 2 days ago, and this morning when I woke up the blue light was blinking (didn't know to count how many times) and I could not turn the set on. I had to unplug the set and plug it back in, at which point it came on fine. The only thing I have connected is a Comcast cable/DVR box via HDMI (nothing is connected to the antenna inputs). I've seen the threads about disabling TVGOS, etc., which I will of course try, but I'm worried because it seems that everyone who has reported the problem has had something attached to at least one of the antenna inputs. Anyone have any thoughts or further suggestions on this?
post #10 of 15 Old 05-11-2007, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Try the fix first then post if it doesn't work. You don't have to have a cable connected to ANT A or B to have TVGOS enabled.
post #11 of 15 Old 05-11-2007, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Here is what another member (Kayook) on this forum got when he called Pioneer.

Quote:
OK, I've had the 5071 for almost 2 weeks and the 12 lights shut-down-thing is making me absolutely crazy. I was play GOW co-op with a buddy today when it shut off and I had to have him wait while I got the TV back on.

I called Pio support and spoke to a very knowledgeble guy who said that 0's are not the answer for resolving this issue.
What he had me do was; press TV Guide, go ahead & enter your own zipcode, on the next screen when it asks you if you are connected cable say no, on the next screen when it ask's if you are connected to OTA, say no. That's it.
Basically you have to lie to your TV to get the TVGOS function to quit working.

And hey, now I can manually change my clock again, w/o having to re-set the TV to the factory default, Cool!

Hope this works.

Edit; well sh!t, after turning the tv off then back on it will not let me manually change the clock...I'll try it again.
Still can't change the clock, & Pio support is closed for the day, aaaauggh!

Hope it helps.

Juan

My HT
post #12 of 15 Old 05-11-2007, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post

Here is what another member (Kayook) on this forum got when he called Pioneer.

Hope it helps.

I saw that--it was looking promising until his last line!
post #13 of 15 Old 05-11-2007, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMutha1 View Post

I saw that--it was looking promising until his last line!

I don't think the clock is a big deal, but thats probably cause I don't use it.

Juan

My HT
post #14 of 15 Old 05-11-2007, 11:32 AM

Greetings all,
Well the "fix" did not work at least for my set. Not only will it not let me change the clock but it shut-off on me while watching PBS HD-OTA. Also last night I had it in stand by mode when I went to bed, then this morning it was blinking 12 times, pause, 12 times, over & over.

I called Pio again this morning and was told that during stand-by mode the 12 lights is a normal occurance but the fact that my unit was shutting itself off was not a normal occurance and that a service tech would have to pay me a visit.

Sadly I told him not to bother since it will now be returned to BB and I will be back to square one (I should have kept my Proscan a tad longer, it moved to a buddy's house the day I got the 5071).

Dissapointed is an understatment...

FYI; the support guy did tell that this is a rare thing and that if I exchanged it for the same model most likely the new one wouldn't do this.

Now does anyone here blame me for not believing that statement since it is obvious that most who hook up to Antenna A are having the same problems?

Thanks for all the previous & future feedback AVS people, you all rock in my book!
post #15 of 15 Old 05-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayook View Post

Now does anyone here blame me for not believing that statement since it is obvious that most who hook up to Antenna A are having the same problems?

FWIW: I have the cable HD DVR connected to my 4270 via component and my roof antenna connected via coax to Antenna A -- and I have never once had the blinking blue light syndrome. Zip Code entered upon initial setup six months ago.

50-plus miles to most transmitters, so I can't be getting that strong a signal, albeit I'm guessing I have a good antenna with a pre-amp mounted to the mast.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page