Forum Jump: 

Old 04-11-2009, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by creemail View Post

I believe its a difference between black and silver. The 'B' references that the VMDD26 is black.

Chris

$220 difference for black vs silver for something that sits *behind* the TV! Wow! Black matches my TV's color anyway

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Look carefully at the different products on amazon. Price discussion is usually frowned upon. The difference is silver vs black. I got mine at amazon and am quite happy with it, 2+ years and stil working great. We move it daily from the kitchen to living room.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a10pkt8 View Post

$220 difference for black vs silver for something that sits *behind* the TV! Wow! Black matches my TV's color anyway

Thanks

Yeah I can understand. Not sure why the difference due to color. It could be based on demand. Not sure though.

Chris
Old 06-24-2009, 11:26 AM

color / price difference is usually ONLY on demand unless there is something completely subtle that is different with them...but in this situation there is not..(i don't think)

Chaos is how the world keeps moving along, order just inhibits the innovation it creates.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:30 PM

Hey everyone,
I just wanted to stop by and say that I just went through www.wallmountwarehouse.com for the Sanus VMDD26B wall mount and they were great to deal with. They had the cheapest price with shipping (plus a free 6ft. HDMI cable) and it was sent out right away. I'll be using it to mount a Pioneer KRP-600M and I can't wait to get it done.

Jason
Old 08-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
I'm buying an articulated mount for My Pio FD151.

I've narrowed my choice down to the Chief PDR or the relatively new Sanus XF228.

I'm probably going to get the Chief mainly because it will extend 37", which is considerably more than any other articulated mount on the market. Both will collapse close to the wall.

But this new Sanus looks very attractive and I can get it for a bit less than the Chief.

Any recommendation will be welcome.

Louis
Old 08-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Don't know about the XF228, but I really like both of my Sanus articulating mounts (VMDD26 for my Pioneer KRP-600M and VMAA26 for my 50" Fujitsu panel).

The VMDD26 is REALLY solid even fully extended with my 60" panel attached. No flex at all and it holds the tilt perfectly.

I second jschillereff's rec on wallmountwarehouse.com. Cheap, free HDMI cable and fast shipping.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathelo View Post

I'm buying an articulated mount for My Pio FD151.

I've narrowed my choice down to the Chief PDR or the relatively new Sanus XF228.

I'm probably going to get the Chief mainly because it will extend 37", which is considerably more than any other articulated mount on the market. Both will collapse close to the wall.

But this new Sanus looks very attractive and I can get it for a bit less than the Chief.

Any recommendation will be welcome.

Louis

Chiefs quality is waaaaay better than Sanus and their motion is smooth as butta. In fact they are over engineered.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks GlenH and flyers for your reply.

I’ve decided to go with the Chief. I can get the Chief for the Pioneer with either a universal attachment (PDRUB) or a custom attachment (PDR 2043B) to the plasma. Based on the drawings I found on the Chief website, the custom attachment looks a bit cleaner but other than that they seems functionally the same.

Are there any other differences between the universal and custom attachment that I should be aware of? I’m thinking that I should be able to find this mount with the universal mount quicker – and possibly for less – than the custom.

Thanks again,

Louis
Old 08-17-2009, 08:49 PM

I came across this excellent thread while doing some homework for a friend who is looking to wall mount his Pio 141FD. The location is a tight recessed inlet so he will need the mount to extend straight out (2 feet would be great). I saw a couple of posts that mention how the VMDD26B extends (saying the opposite of each other), so I thought I would check.
(the manual was not too clear)
Will the VMDD26B allow the plasma to extend straight out and back (also, is it a touch mechanism for out and back motion or will he need to reach around/under and unlock something to recess the plasma)?

As an aside, is there any reason it would not work with the 141FD?
Old 09-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseer View Post

Will the VMDD26B allow the plasma to extend straight out and back (also, is it a touch mechanism for out and back motion or will he need to reach around/under and unlock something to recess the plasma)?

Yes, and it is touch -- nothing to lock/unlock

Quote:

As an aside, is there any reason it would not work with the 141FD?

I am sure it would if it has standard mount pattern, but I am not familiar with that panel.

ayman
Old 09-09-2009, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

I purchased the AVF wall mount for my 42b450. It's the tilting model, and it looks solid as it's rated to 200lbs max. Price $119 at Costco.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymanme View Post

Yes, and it is touch -- nothing to lock/unlock

I am sure it would if it has standard mount pattern, but I am not familiar with that panel.

ayman

Thanks, order placed.

(and I found a number of folk who use it for that panel, so it should be fine. Thanks again)
Old 12-26-2009, 08:39 PM

I would like to mount a Pro-141FD to an Omnimount ULPC-XB. I've read a lot of forums and haven't found any reviews on the ULPC mount. I prefer this mount over others (including the UCL-XB) because I have 24" spacing between wall studs.

If anyone has comments or is using the ULPC-X I'd appreciate hearing about it - Thanks
Old 06-19-2011, 01:00 PM

Guys I hate to revive, but I am in a hurry.

I have a Pioneer PDP 6020 I need an articulating wall mount for.

What are the popular units most guys are going with now?
Old 06-19-2011, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyaa View Post

Guys I hate to revive, but I am in a hurry.

I have a Pioneer PDP 6020 I need an articulating wall mount for.

What are the popular units most guys are going with now?

I use a Sanus XF228

Johnny
Klipsch,Denon,Parasound,Sunfire
Old 06-19-2011, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Peerless
Old 06-19-2011, 06:06 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by booyaa View Post

Guys I hate to revive, but I am in a hurry. I have a Pioneer PDP 6020 I need an articulating wall mount for. What are the popular units most guys are going with now?

The most popular mounts could be all wrong for your particular requirements or too entry-level for your 6020.

The opposing-arm scissor-type seem to be more popular than the single-arm types, but the single-arm type has more range of travel and usually allows the TV to be turned 90 degrees to the wall (or more) which is handy if you want to turn the TV toward a kitchen that's off to the side (like one of the installs i did for someone). His wife likes to watch Food Channel from the kitchen during the daytime so she turns the TV 90 degrees so she can see it straigth on and just uses the built-in speakers, then at night they move it flat against the wall and use the surround sound system when they sit on the couch.

And the budget mount's arms are more prone to twisting and sagging than the arms on the more expensive name brand mounts. I installed my best friend's 6020 so i know it's heavy!

I have a Peerless PLA50 because not only is it a single arm, it's also vertically offset with the wall plate being located below the TV's centerline which enabled me to bolt it under my big front window but still place the TV at an appropriate height. It's solid, and i can turn the TV 90 degrees to the wall and beyond. They make a larger PLA60 for larger TVs.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Old 06-21-2011, 05:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm also in the same situation. I just returned a Monoprice and looking for something that will hold a P65v10 (at least 150lbs). I found some good deals on a Peerless SA770PU, a Sanus VXF220 and VLF210 and also an Omnimount UCLX. They all seem to be high quality but they also sit between 4" and 7" from the wall when not extended which kinda defeats the purpose of a flat panel. The Sanus VLF311 was promising but I just discovered that it's rated at a max of 125lbs wich makes me uncomfortable to use it with a TV that's 135lbs to be mounted on metal studs (granted that they are thick metal studs.
Any help will be appreciated.
P.S: Also checked out Chief but they are pricey.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:15 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFDLP61 View Post
..... I found some good deals on a Peerless SA770PU, a Sanus VXF220 and VLF210 and also an Omnimount UCLX. They all seem to be high quality but they also sit between 4" and 7" from the wall when not extended which kinda defeats the purpose of a flat panel. ..... Also checked out Chief but they are pricey.
Since you're price concious that rules out the various recessed in-wall hidden mounts (they're very expensive), but can you open a large cavity in the wall where the TV will be mounted and fabricate some sort of mounting plate set back between the studs so you can install a low profile articulated mount inside the wall? That could reduce your overall depth by maybe 2-3 extra inches.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Old 06-21-2011, 06:39 PM

Thanks for your reply Randy, I did indeed look at some in wall mounts and they are a little more expensive. My installer just vetoed any sort of articulating mount as he doesn't believe that it will be safe enough in the long term especially in Socal unless we do some major kitchen cabinet-style reinforcement which I vetoed. So now, I'll be just looking into geting a very low profile mount that has a wall plate big enough to cover 3 24"-spaced studs :§
Old 07-06-2011, 10:24 AM

sorry
Old 07-06-2011, 10:25 AM

i need three posts
Old 07-06-2011, 10:25 AM

so that i can post this...
Old 07-06-2011, 10:27 AM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882021119
BANG for your BUCK

This thing is beast. I own it.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Covering 3x24" studs will be tough. I haven't seen many (or any?) that have that. You might end up putting something between the wall and mount that can then distribute the load across the 3 studs.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Do these articulating wall mounts allow you to move the TV straight up or down or shift over to the left or right a couple of inches once it is more or less fully extended?

I will be installing at 65" TV on a wall, and the TV will extend out on the arm so that it sits flush with the front of a big cabinet that is open at the back. It would be nice if the mount enables you to shift the TV up or down or left or right a little bit, so the TV will be centered perfectly in the cabinet. The descriptions of the various units on the websites often talk about pan, tilt, swivel, horizontal adjustment, vertical adjustment, etc., but it's not exactly clear what these mean (at least to me).
Old 07-06-2011, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Good question, bump
Old 07-07-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymanme View Post

Covering 3x24" studs will be tough. I haven't seen many (or any?) that have that. You might end up putting something between the wall and mount that can then distribute the load across the 3 studs.

Yeah, the biggest plate I found was only 45.75".... I ended up using Chief's Fusion XTMU with 4 Toggler Snapptoggle 5/16" on the studs.
Here is a link that contains some pics post installation.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post20666910

I also wanted to thank everyone for the advices.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty View Post

Do these articulating wall mounts allow you to move the TV straight up or down or shift over to the left or right a couple of inches once it is more or less fully extended?

I will be installing at 65" TV on a wall, and the TV will extend out on the arm so that it sits flush with the front of a big cabinet that is open at the back. It would be nice if the mount enables you to shift the TV up or down or left or right a little bit, so the TV will be centered perfectly in the cabinet. The descriptions of the various units on the websites often talk about pan, tilt, swivel, horizontal adjustment, vertical adjustment, etc., but it's not exactly clear what these mean (at least to me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipit View Post

Good question, bump

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?