Best Articulating Arm Mounts - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 134 Old 02-05-2007, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm thinking about buying an articulating arm mount for 60"screen. I figured it'd be nice to simply pull the screen out while still hanging in the air and do any cable adjustments if necessary without unmount the whole TV out from a wall. Could you recommend the best brands and the models? Which one would be the most sturdiest articulating mount out there? Above all how safe are they? It'll be secured on a concrete wall so weak wood studs are not a problem for me. Would the TV be still wobbly even if the atriculating arm can support what it claim to hold?

In particular, I was looking at two models available from Costco that support up to 60".

Item # 969056 and Item # 126884

which one would you recommend the most?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 134 Old 02-05-2007, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasys View Post

I'm thinking about buying an articulating arm mount for 60"screen. I figured it'd be nice to simply pull the screen out while still hanging in the air and do any cable adjustments if necessary without unmount the whole TV out from a wall. Could you recommend the best brands and the models? Which one would be the most sturdiest articulating mount out there? Above all how safe are they? It'll be secured on a concrete wall so weak wood studs are not a problem for me. Would the TV be still wobbly even if the atriculating arm can support what it claim to hold?

In particular, I was looking at two models available from Costco that support up to 60".

Item # 969056 is a Sanus mount, while Item # 126884 is a Peerless mount. Both will be perfect for your situation. I would also throw in Omnimount UCL-X. This looks like a nice articulating mount. This will be the mount I will buy once I get another/bigger flat panel. Although these will all be nice choices.

As far as weight is concerned, most mounts are able to hold their recommended weight. Although it is best to find a mount that is not near the maximum capacity of the mount. The reason being is because you will place stress on the back plate of the mount and wall studs. If you find a mount that can hold up to 200 lbs then you should be fine. That is why I think the Omnimount is the best solution.

By the way is going above a fireplace?

Cree
post #3 of 134 Old 02-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member

I installed and am using the 969056; It is the Sanus VMDD26 if you want to look it up. Note that the list on this part is ~620, so that is a good price, though it is 62lbs so the shipping can be high. If you search around you can find it from a reputable dealer for even less. PM me if you need more info, though it has been mentioned on this forum before.

I really like the mount it was relatively easy to assemble, looks nice and the operation is very smooth. It has enough degrees of freedom for just about anything. It is holding up a panny 50. The one in your picture was silver, I got the black, but they are the same part. The mount is built like a tank with heavy steel and looks very cool. It sits about 3-4" away from the wall when it is fully retracted. You should be aware with most of the double arm mounts (or at least those that I looked at), there is not much room in the mechanics such that you can put an electrical box. The boxes really have to be somehwere around the periphery of the wall plate.

As for the installation, it is pretty straight forward. There is a dimensioned drawing on the Sanus site that will help. I did notice it was missing a few needed dimensions, but I filled them in and can post it somewhere along with my install drawings if somebody needs them.

As for the UCL-X it is a nice mount, they were tough to find and were more expensive. On the surface, the UCL-X and the VMDD26 are very similar in design and function. I think you would be happy with either. I didn't research the peerless as much.
post #4 of 134 Old 02-05-2007, 09:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked: 692
post #5 of 134 Old 02-05-2007, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Cleveland, in fact, I've been debating between Omni and Sanus.

I was looking at the photos and found out that the Sanus has two pivoting arms attached to the wall speading apart.

On the other hand, you have Omni arms all centered on on point.

As creeemail said the Omni supports heavier load than the Sanus but not by much. 175lbs vs. 200.

aymanme, how do you like your mount? Does your TV feel wobbly or feel secured when the arms are streched all the way out holding it?
post #6 of 134 Old 02-05-2007, 07:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked: 692
post #7 of 134 Old 02-06-2007, 08:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

aymanme, how do you like your mount? Does your TV feel wobbly or feel secured when the arms are streched all the way out holding it?

No, it does wobble at all. In fact, the operation is so smooth and effortless that it is easy to push it too far. The degrees of freedom are more than enough and the ability to adjust roll is nice in case something isn't perfectly straight. The roll adjustment is locking, but the others are balanced. Even all the way out, the tv is stable. I have quite a few cables running to the panel, and the mount has some holes that fit some fasteners they provide that let you put cable clips all over the arms so everything is nice and neat. One thing I didnt think about, but took advantage of is the ability to run power on one arm and signal on the other. For the purists, they can keep them apart, but for me, I am much more likely to go alter signal cables when I change hardware so I can keep them in an accessible wrap, whereas I can just ziptie the power cable on the other arm.

My experience with the mount was excellent. I have no complaints about it. I would buy another one in a minute. Although it did come with bolts for different panels, none of them fit on mine. That is a common problem though with many mounts. If I had to find some faults with the mount:

1) The dimensioned drawing provided was missing 2 measurements that I ended up needing. I just measured them off the actual hardware.
2) The mount folds very flat, so there is not much room behind the panel for running cables through the holes in the mount. I suggest putting the plates for cables above or below the wall plate but still concealed behind the panel. It may be possible to utilize the holes depending on your stud configuration, but it was not practical for me.

I do have lots of pictures of my install. If there is sufficient interest, I can convert/post them.
post #8 of 134 Old 02-06-2007, 08:38 AM

Quote:

I highly recommend the Chief PNR and PDR series mounts. Not only are they thinner profile than most competitors (around 3 1/4" from wall), but also Chief sells an accessory that allows for "in-wall" installation, essentially resulting in a panel that can mount flush with the wall for all practical purposes. The mounts are expensive, but are also meticulously crafted and are more versatile than most (if not all) other alternatives.
post #9 of 134 Old 02-06-2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creemail View Post

Item # 969056 is a Sanus mount, while Item # 126884 is a Peerless mount. Both will be perfect for your situation. I would also throw in Omnimount UCL-X. This looks like a nice articulating mount. This will be the mount I will buy once I get another/bigger flat panel. Although these will all be nice choices.

As far as weight is concerned, most mounts are able to hold their recommended weight. Although it is best to find a mount that is not near the maximum capacity of the mount. The reason being is because you will place stress on the back plate of the mount and wall studs. If you find a mount that can hold up to 200 lbs then you should be fine. That is why I think the Omnimount is the best solution.

By the way is going above a fireplace?

Cree

You might want to take a closer look at the Omnimount UCL-X before you decide on it. I ran across a website forum of AV installers and several of them had derogatory things to say about that mount. They all agreed that the tilt mechanism, consisting of two milled jaws clamped around a smooth metal bar, had inadequate (undersized) clamping bolts to hold the bar. Several commented that in attempting to adequately tighten the clamp, the bolt-heads snapped off and the whole mount had to be replaced. They did NOT recommend the mount for 50" and above plasmas. I decided to go with the Sanus VMDD26, instead.
post #10 of 134 Old 02-07-2007, 07:53 AM
Advanced Member

The Chief mounts are nice, OP wants to hang on a concrete wall though, so flush mounting is not an option. Secondly, be aware that many of the Chief mounts require an adapter plate for your panel that will add between 1/2 and 1" so depth measurements are not always an apple to apple comparison.
post #11 of 134 Old 02-07-2007, 02:27 PM

Liked: 13
I vote Peerless, sold both brands and have very good feedback on Peerless not only on articulating but flat (very low profile) and tilt. Just make sure to verify that they will work and no adapter is needed.
post #12 of 134 Old 02-13-2007, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennV View Post

You might want to take a closer look at the Omnimount UCL-X before you decide on it. I ran across a website forum of AV installers and several of them had derogatory things to say about that mount. They all agreed that the tilt mechanism, consisting of two milled jaws clamped around a smooth metal bar, had inadequate (undersized) clamping bolts to hold the bar. Several commented that in attempting to adequately tighten the clamp, the bolt-heads snapped off and the whole mount had to be replaced. They did NOT recommend the mount for 50" and above plasmas. I decided to go with the Sanus VMDD26, instead.

Can you provide a link to that site? I couldn't find it with a basic google search.
post #13 of 134 Old 02-13-2007, 08:46 PM

The Sanus looks pretty interesting to me, the Omni second, but I have a Q.

I did the math for the Peerless (Costco 126884) but in my mounting location, I'll need to use the arm mechanics to have the panel offset about 3 inches to the right, even if I hand it in the right-most holes, so this would make the panel nowhere near flat.

With the Sanus, how far off-center (to the right) can I hang the panel (a Philips 47"), I can't tell from the Sanus diagrams exactly, there's also a mechanical question of it it'll actually support the load at the far right stop also.

If I can't do it quite far enough, I'll need to pull the panel a little away from the wall, and use the articulation to move it to the right, while keeping the back of the panel equidistant from the wall (ie. without just swivelling the whole panel to the right). Does the Sanus (and/or Omni) geometry allow this, even if it will of course leave the panel further from the wall, or does it always ensure that the panel is kept fully centered laterally within the center of the mounting plate, only allowing a swivel but not a lateral shift?

See the attachment for a diagram that kinda shows what I'm trying to do, you can see that the panel center is offset to the right of the center of the mount, even mounted as far right on the wall as possible.
LL
post #14 of 134 Old 02-13-2007, 11:48 PM
Advanced Member

As I alluded to in some other posts, that is one of the dimensions missing off the Sanus mechanical. The size of the carriage is 16" and the size of the wall plate is 26". You can then mount the wall plate so that it is offset from the center of the panel by up to 10" in either direction. In my case, I have it offset by about 9".

Yes, you can push it a little to the right using the arms, but you should not need to do that. If you have standard stud spacing, you should be able to convince yourself that there are no "gaps" in where you can place the panel. In other words, irrespective of your panel location, there is a mount position with 16 OC studs that will work for you with the panel fully recessed.

The center of your panel looks to be over the wall, you won't have any problem with that setup.
post #15 of 134 Old 02-14-2007, 11:58 AM

Thanks, very helpful info. The wall is 30" wide in total, so if I can get the plate say 2" from the right edge, that'll leave the middle of the plate 26/2 + 2 = 15" from the edge so exactly in the middle of the wall.

The panel is 48" wide, so the middle is 24", so 9" will put it exactly against the wall, I'll need 10" if I want an inch of room so it doesn't quite touch, so it'll be right on the edge, not much room for error but it should work.

I'll dig out the stud finder and make sure I can find studs that'll let me mount it at towards the right edge, but there should be a minimum of 3 of them in the 30", whether 16" or 24" or whatever centers.
post #16 of 134 Old 02-14-2007, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skypalace View Post

Thanks, very helpful info. The wall is 30" wide in total, so if I can get the plate say 2" from the right edge, that'll leave the middle of the plate 26/2 + 2 = 15" from the edge so exactly in the middle of the wall.

The panel is 48" wide, so the middle is 24", so 9" will put it exactly against the wall, I'll need 10" if I want an inch of room so it doesn't quite touch, so it'll be right on the edge, not much room for error but it should work.

I'll dig out the stud finder and make sure I can find studs that'll let me mount it at towards the right edge, but there should be a minimum of 3 of them in the 30", whether 16" or 24" or whatever centers.

So I haven't drawn a picture, but my brain thinks there is an error in your dimensions. The center of the panel is 24", so the edge of the wall is about 5" away. The carriage for the mount is 16" though, so it needs at least 8" to the right and left of the center. So the plate would reach about 3" over the edge of your wall. Not really a problem, but you should be aware of that. BTW, from your drawing, are you trying to make the panel viewable from either room. If so, you should be aware that most, if not all double arm mounts cannot go all the way to +90 degrees, most go to 75 or so, including the Sanus. There is a way to remedy that though if you are handy.
post #17 of 134 Old 02-14-2007, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymanme View Post

So I haven't drawn a picture, but my brain thinks there is an error in your dimensions. The center of the panel is 24", so the edge of the wall is about 5" away. The carriage for the mount is 16" though, so it needs at least 8" to the right and left of the center. So the plate would reach about 3" over the edge of your wall. Not really a problem, but you should be aware of that. BTW, from your drawing, are you trying to make the panel viewable from either room. If so, you should be aware that most, if not all double arm mounts cannot go all the way to +90 degrees, most go to 75 or so, including the Sanus. There is a way to remedy that though if you are handy.

My primary viewing angle will be from the bottom of the picture - this is a room where my treadmill is and that's where the treadmill is, and it's far enough away that (esp. when running) I was having trouble watching things and making out any text etc. on my 37" panel (which I just had on a stand). I'd like the option to occasionally angle it towards the right (looking down from the top) but primary it would be flat with the wall as in the diagram.

If carraige is 16", and panel is 48", then the carraige will go from 16" from the left edge of the panel to 16" from the right edge of the panel. The means the right edge of the carraige will be 32" from the left edge of the panel, meaning it'll stick a minimum 2" over the right edge of the wall, which you say shouldn't be a problem, but I think would look pretty hideously ugly (it's actually a double glass french door 'behind' that overhand so you're not only seeing the back of the panel (no way around that), but would very clearly see the overhang, which I don't want.

So this is exactly why I was wondering if the mount's articulation would let me get that additional 3-4" offset, without having to fully pull it away from the wall, or without having to angle it.

I updated the attachment to better reflect the dimensions. So basically I want to be able to have that lateral offset between the carraige and the mounting place 'taken up' by the articulation arems, and I'm wondering if this'll do it.

Or should I look at the Peerless or some other mount? A similar mount but with a narrower carraige (<= 10" rather than 16") would do the trick. The Peerless (from my measurement off the wall at the Costco Home) has it's right-most mounting 'holes' about 4.5" to the right of center of the mounting plate, but the wall plate is only 20" wide, so the attachment center would be 30-(20/2)+4.5 from the right edge of the wall, or 5.5" from the edge, or 30-5.5 = 24.5" from the left edge of the monitor, which would JUST make it (with the mounting plate exactly at the corner of the wall, but I'd want to move it a half inch left, as I have rounded rather than square corners on all my drywall corners), which would cause it to just scrape.

I can more easily see how the articulation on the Peerless would work in this case, but to me it doesn't look like as solid/stable a mount for a heavy panel (the Philips 47PF9441D is pretty heavy) with all the weight on that one joint which is going to be heavily torqued, versus spread through two parallel joints like on the Sanus. It also looks like it's designed to be centered over the two studs, so depending on where my studs are exactly, I might not be able to mount it nearly as close to the edge, like I probably could with the Sonus that has a larger wallplate that'll likely cover trwo studs anywhere within its size range.
LL
post #18 of 134 Old 02-14-2007, 04:50 PM

The omni is very nice. I can put it up against the wall (6" off wall), or three feet off the wall to work behind. Plus when I installed the mount, I hung from it, all 250lb's of me.

post #19 of 134 Old 02-14-2007, 05:01 PM

post #20 of 134 Old 02-15-2007, 07:27 AM
Advanced Member

Oasys, I understand now what you want to do. I can't say if I've tried to do that. Thinking about it, I cant see why it would not work, but there is another option. The final assembly is basically 3 pieces. 1) Wall Plate 2) Arm Assembly 3) Panel Attachment. You have horizontal adjustment both from #2 to #1 and from #3 to #2, so you could easily get another 2 inches out of the #3 to #2. (Really, you could get way more than that, but its best to keep it as close to the center as possible). So you could still mount the wall plate at the extreme edge of the wall, then use the arm assembly to gain another 2-3 inches on the panel attachment. I don't have a picture with me, but I am sure I have some at the house.
post #21 of 134 Old 02-15-2007, 03:10 PM

Quote:

Oasys, I understand now what you want to do. I can't say if I've tried to do that. Thinking about it, I cant see why it would not work, but there is another option. The final assembly is basically 3 pieces. 1) Wall Plate 2) Arm Assembly 3) Panel Attachment. You have horizontal adjustment both from #2 to #1 and from #3 to #2, so you could easily get another 2 inches out of the #3 to #2. (Really, you could get way more than that, but its best to keep it as close to the center as possible). So you could still mount the wall plate at the extreme edge of the wall, then use the arm assembly to gain another 2-3 inches on the panel attachment. I don't have a picture with me, but I am sure I have some at the house.

You mean me (Skypalace) vs. Oasys, right?

Thanks, I had thought about this at one point but then spaced and totally forgot it, thanks much for thinking of it!

The Philips has 700cm centers on the mounting posts, from the Sanus drawings the range of adjustment for those mounting brackets is up to 33.5", 700mm is 27.5", so I could move it about 3" (leaving a 6" gap at one end and 0" at the other) maximum.

Since I was super tight and thought I might only need an inch or two with the Sanus, this should solve it. The large backplate with the ability to move the arm assembly along the backplate, and ability to locate studs that don't have to be exactly at the outer edges of the backplate (verus the Omni and Peerless where you basically have to locate the backplate directly over the studs) should let the Sanus work, while the other mounts would be more hit and miss depending on whether I can get this extra degree of freedom between #2 and #3, and if I have studs located in the right locations to allow mounting the backplate at the right edge of that stub wall.
post #22 of 134 Old 02-15-2007, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Folks. So I went ahead and received the Omnimount UCL-X today. Just like the one awesome photo by Paul. However, I'm a bit skeptical that it can hold a 58" screen if not 60". The mount is heavy and looks sturdy but the mount is made out of aluminum. Not only that, I realized that some of the critical points are put together by few small screws. Especially I'm worried about the areas where you screw the TV on. I love the Pauls' installation but the TV looks smaller than what I'm about to install and I'm not sure about the mount holding up 100lb 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for few years. Glenn's point make sense.

jsf2001, I checked out the Chief mount. It looks impressive. It was also voted a product of the year. Peerless looks every tempting, simple, yet looks rock solid but as Roman said I read few negative opinions at Amazon.com about the universal mounting option confusion. Sanus seems a strong contender though it supports less weight and smaller screen than the Omnimount. Where could I find the user reviews on the Cheif PDR mount? Where could I find it cheap?
post #23 of 134 Old 02-16-2007, 09:11 AM

Quote:

jsf2001, I checked out the Chief mount. It looks impressive. It was also voted a product of the year. Peerless looks every tempting, simple, yet looks rock solid but as Roman said I read few negative opinions at Amazon.com about the universal mounting option confusion. Sanus seems a strong contender though it supports less weight and smaller screen than the Omnimount. Where could I find the user reviews on the Cheif PDR mount? Where could I find it cheap?

Unfortunately, I don't know where you can find user reviews of the Chief mount. I purchased mine after I read positive comments in this forum from another owner, but I can't recall which thread that was in. The mount was also highly recommended by the b&m store that sold me the 1540, although they mentioned that they didn't sell very many of them because they were quite pricey. I've had no issues with mine, but I haven't put it to the "test" either. I wanted the articulating feature to ensure easy access to the rear of the panel if I ever needed to get back there again. Thus far, I haven't had the need. I just wish I knew about Chief's new in-wall "box" accessory before I finished the carpentry/sheet rock/paint work in our bedroom and installed the mount. I definitely would have opted to install the box in order to achieve a more "flush" looking mount. It appears to be a great option for this mount.
post #24 of 134 Old 02-16-2007, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

jsf2001 I was doing some research on the Chief PDR mount and realizing that it mounts only on four bolts on the wall and two screws on each vertical pipe from the rack. I wonder if it can really hold the 60". I'll be mounting on the concrete wall so the in-wall box is not necessary for me yet. I'm leaning toward Peerless just because its got more steel and mass. Has anyone heard negative comments about the Peerless PlAV70?
post #25 of 134 Old 02-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skypalace View Post

You mean me (Skypalace) vs. Oasys, right?

Thanks, I had thought about this at one point but then spaced and totally forgot it, thanks much for thinking of it!

The Philips has 700cm centers on the mounting posts, from the Sanus drawings the range of adjustment for those mounting brackets is up to 33.5", 700mm is 27.5", so I could move it about 3" (leaving a 6" gap at one end and 0" at the other) maximum.

Well actually, the range of the "pipes" is 33.5 inches, but you can position the actual arm anywhere along those pipes so really you have way more adjustment than 6". I would probably center and lock down the pipes, then adjust the center arm to where I needed and lock it down as well. See this image for the adjustments. If you only adjusted the red attachment points, you move the arm along the poles. if you adjust the purple, you move the entire pole.
LL
post #26 of 134 Old 02-17-2007, 11:36 AM

Quote:

jsf2001 I was doing some research on the Chief PDR mount and realizing that it mounts only on four bolts on the wall and two screws on each vertical pipe from the rack. I wonder if it can really hold the 60". I'll be mounting on the concrete wall so the in-wall box is not necessary for me yet. I'm leaning toward Peerless just because its got more steel and mass. Has anyone heard negative comments about the Peerless PlAV70?

I'm sure it has been engineered to carry the weight, if properly installed. I've never had a problem and I have never heard of anyone else reporting a problem. I would think that if Chief had any basis for concern, it could easily modify the mount to accept/require more bolts for installation. Honestly, I would not base a decision on the number of bolts required for installation. I'd base it on the overall design of the mount, distance from wall, aesthetics, cost, etc. Computer aided engineering has become very sophisticated these days and loads, torgue, etc. are easy calculations that engineers can "run" to confirm design specifications. I'd be shocked if the designers hadn't taken all of this into account when designing the PDR/PNR series of mounts. Chief has been around for quite some time and has had a stellar reputation in this field.

Please note that I'm not suggesting that the Chief mount is better than the Peerless. (I don't know much about the Peerless mount.) I'm just saying that I have confidence in the engineering of the Chief mount and the number of bolts required for installation, assuming the end-user follows installation instructions and requirements.
post #27 of 134 Old 02-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Folks. So I went ahead and received the Omnimount UCL-X today. Just like the one awesome photo by Paul. However, I'm a bit skeptical that it can hold a 58" screen if not 60". The mount is heavy and looks sturdy but the mount is made out of aluminum. Not only that, I realized that some of the critical points are put together by few small screws. Especially I'm worried about the areas where you screw the TV on. I love the Pauls' installation but the TV looks smaller than what I'm about to install and I'm not sure about the mount holding up 100lb 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for few years. Glenn's point make sense.

The mounts are designed to handle in excess of their rated load. Usually by at least a factor of 3 or so. The pullout force of a 5/16" lag bolt in a regular pine stud is about 300lbs per inch of thread depth. Also note that when the TV is just sitting there, that is a static load, when there is an actual live load (like you are moving it or something), then the load changes. I have 90lb panel on a 60lb mount hanging from four 5/16" lag bolts way off center and it does not budge at all.
post #28 of 134 Old 02-17-2007, 12:41 PM

Quote:

Well actually, the range of the "pipes" is 33.5 inches, but you can position the actual arm anywhere along those pipes so really you have way more adjustment than 6". I would probably center and lock down the pipes, then adjust the center arm to where I needed and lock it down as well. See this image for the adjustments. If you only adjusted the red attachment points, you move the arm along the poles. if you adjust the purple, you move the entire pole.

Excellent, thanks! Problem solved! My calcs were the range that I had with the purpule attachment points, where my mounting holes are 700mm across which doesn't leave much room. Being able to move the red slightly off-center will definitely let me get a little extra. Any attachment of the arms off the exact center of the panel will of course provide some torque to the mount, but I only need a few inches, which I assume and hope won't be a significant problem.
post #29 of 134 Old 02-17-2007, 06:26 PM

I posted earlier in this thread about some professional installers' reservations about the Omnimount UCL-X for larger (heavier) displays. I have located the forum where this is discussed and thought maybe the points made would be of help to some here.

Omnimount UCL-X problems(link)

I recently purchased the Sanus VMDD26 for my "pending" Panasonic 509UK and it is very impressive. It is all steel and the dual articulating arms are about 1/2 inch thick! The mount weighs 63 pounds and looks well designed. (I'm an engineer, BTW )

I hope this helps.
{Addendum: 2/18/07 @ 1:46 PM CST} It appears that Omnimount has drastically redesigned the tilt mechanism for this mount. The current implementation looks very much improved.
Glenn
post #30 of 134 Old 02-18-2007, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

jsf2001, the link has cleared a lot of questions. Aymanme, I truely like the way Omni looks. I'm sure the lag bolt are designed to hold more than it can carry and there are six of them! Not to mention that robust lookin arms although they are made out of aluminum. But it's the other bolts and screws that I have concerns over. When you look at the screws that hold a TV adaptor, you can't help but thinking that it'll be the weakest link. It's hard to explain but when you look at them, something is bound to happen with this rack.

GlennV, Doh! I wish I could've done more Googling. That link is golden, written by pro-installers themselves. It seems though they all have first hand negative experiences with Omni, I wonder about the positive comments on the Chief PDR whether they are based on their first hand accounts. However, few did raise concerns over the Chief mount TV over 60".

It seems like no one raised doubts on the Peerless except its cosmetic look and that infamous universal TV adaptors I read somewhere else.

Why did you decide to go with Sanus VMDD26 instead of Chief PDR? It's only $100 difference.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays