Pioneers coming "SUPER PLASMA" VS Fujitsu's new 65" 1080P - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-27-2007, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I realize neither of these are available yet, however I was curious if anyone has seen both of these at any of the tradeshows and was able to compare them. I believe the Pioneer is probably going to be around 10K when it comes out later this summer, so with the Fujitsu probably costing almost 80% more, at $17,999.00, will it be THAT much better? Just curious.

Fujitsu's 65" Full HD 1080p Plasma TV
P65FT00AUB MSRP $17,999
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2007, 05:12 AM
Advanced Member

Depends on how big your ego is and how much stroking it needs, just to be able to say you bought the world's MOST expensive flat panel.

Although in alot of circles, being proud of a statement like that might have the opposite effect that you're looking for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Old 02-28-2007, 05:20 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewg350 View Post

P65FT00AUB MSRP $17,999

OMFG!!!!! That TV's more than an 07 Honda Civic.

WAF would be EXTREMELY negative if i approached her about buying an item like that. I'll trick my mind into believing my soon-to-be Pioneer 5070HD is better.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost147 View Post

Depends on how big your ego is and how much stroking it needs, just to be able to say you bought the world's MOST expensive flat panel.

Although in alot of circles, being proud of a statement like that might have the opposite effect that you're looking for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

the runco 65" is $20K and of course you have the big panny TH-103PX600U at $70K

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
Old 02-28-2007, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dssturbo1 View Post

But the runco comes with an external video processor, which is what puts the plasma at its high picture quality level, right? So essentially you are paying 10k for the processor and 10k for the plasma, give or take several grand either way.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven69david View Post

OMFG!!!!! That TV's more than an 07 Honda Civic.

WAF would be EXTREMELY negative if i approached her about buying an item like that. I'll trick my mind into believing my soon-to-be Pioneer 5070HD is better.

Yeah, but the plasma has better Picture Quality than the Honda
Old 02-28-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omeletpants View Post

Yeah, but the plasma has better Picture Quality than the Honda

Actually the Honda is probably easier on the eyes...
Old 02-28-2007, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

and then there is also the Bang & Olufsen version...no doubt more expensive than the Fujitsu.

In answer to the question: impossible to say at this point, but fairly safe to say you would be thrilled with either (and it is a nice luxury to be in a situation where you are choosing between the two!).
Old 02-28-2007, 05:35 PM

I was lucky enough to spend some time with the big 103" panny this week. They had it at a trade show on Tuesday in Dallas, TX. Very impressive screen. They had a 50" panny next to it while both were playing from the same source and the 103" just about had equal performance. The source was the panasonic blu-ray player and they had ice age showing on it. They ran Pirates 2 also but standard dvd and it showed good. Not too shabby given I was only ten feet away for the most part. The 50" held better color but not by much. How sweet it would be to play xbox 360 on such a beast. Give it a few years and these things will come down to honda civic price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dssturbo1 View Post

Old 02-28-2007, 05:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1439 Post(s)
Liked: 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewg350 View Post

I realize neither of these are available yet, however I was curious if anyone has seen both of these at any of the tradeshows and was able to compare them. I believe the Pioneer is probably going to be around 10K when it comes out later this summer, so with the Fujitsu probably costing almost 80% more, at $17,999.00, will it be THAT much better? Just curious.

P65FT00AUB MSRP $17,999

Street price for the Fujitsu will be closer to $14k or lower.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner View Post

But the runco comes with an external video processor, which is what puts the plasma at its high picture quality level, right? So essentially you are paying 10k for the processor and 10k for the plasma, give or take several grand either way.

Fujistu has a built-in processor (AVM) that IMO does a better job in the final result than any Runco I've ever seen.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:35 PM

Location: I come from a distant space where no one has gone before. The temperature is aight. The planet has a purple sky tho and the gravity is slightly less than that of earth. Oh yeah I got plenty of gas.....
Some moron here tried to compare a Fujitsu's Aviamo line to the new Pioneer. What kind of none sense is this. They are not even in the same class. The Fujitsu is in the class of Runco for better comparisons.

The Fujitsu's Aviamo line comes with most advanced AVM-3 built-in video processor. It is most advanced, and most technological. This rapes any high-end dedicated external scalers out there.

Man if it wasn't for my new $36,000 Acura I could've easily bought the Fujitsu Aviamo 65" version since I already have an Infiniti.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member

How about black level and contrast values? Has Fujistu mentioned any of that?

I don't know what I am doing! AHHHHHHH!!!!
Old 02-28-2007, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Please keep on topic (and flys zippered ).

Debates of Fujitsu pricing have been around forever. They're still in business selling plasmas, their pricing strategy hasn't changed. Must be a reason. How many Fujitsu owners here have regretted buying a Fujitsu plasma? Think we need a poll? However, the new Pio could give them a run for the money. But every new Pio was supposed to do that (and, yes, this looks like it could be the time...).

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
Old 02-28-2007, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Give me the 20:000:1 ratio pioneer anyday. Pioneer mentions the contrast ratio of this model
Old 02-28-2007, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zues View Post

Give me the 20:000:1 ratio pioneer anyday. Pioneer mentions the contrast ratio of this model

Exactly. You can have video processing up the wazoo... even though i'm sure Fujistu does do the video processing better.

(It better do something 'better'! It costs so much more.)

But I think the Pioneers and Pannys NOW have better contrast at a much lower price. Once these Pios show 'true black'? Forget about it.

Take your video processing. I'll stick with more than solid video processing, with the awesome contrast of the new Pioneers.

Old 02-28-2007, 09:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post

However, the new Pio could give them a run for the money. But every new Pio was supposed to do that (and, yes, this looks like it could be the time...).

larry

Yup, this could indeed be the one.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:24 PM

Location: I come from a distant space where no one has gone before. The temperature is aight. The planet has a purple sky tho and the gravity is slightly less than that of earth. Oh yeah I got plenty of gas.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post

Please keep on topic (and flys zippered ).

Must be a reason.

yes

Quote:
**Yawn** How many Fujitsu owners here have regretted buying a Fujitsu plasma?

none. notta, zero, nuthin.

Quote:
Think we need a poll? However, the new Pio could give them a run for the money. But every new Pio was supposed to do that (and, yes, this looks like it could be the time...).

There's an old saying, "You get what you pay for".
Old 02-28-2007, 10:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Meh, that "you get what you pay for" is so unrealistic. I am sure we can think up many exceptions to that rule.

Yes. It is an old saying. And it's so old and outdated that it should be tossed out.

The saying should be, "You get what you earn."

Research... research... research.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez View Post

Some moron here tried to compare a Fujitsu's Aviamo line to the new Pioneer. What kind of none sense is this. They are not even in the same class. The Fujitsu is in the class of Runco for better comparisons.

The Fujitsu's Aviamo line comes with most advanced AVM-3 built-in video processor. It is most advanced, and most technological. This rapes any high-end dedicated external scalers out there.

Man if it wasn't for my new $36,000 Acura I could've easily bought the Fujitsu Aviamo 65" version since I already have an Infiniti.

And you can use the same wax on the Acura
Old 03-01-2007, 04:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:

While it may be asserted that it has the best "Built-in" VP is it truly the best VP out there in the open market? I don't recall it being crowned as such in the VP threads. Not saying your wrong but just suppose you get the Pioneer and add your own third party VP at $3K-$5K and one ends up with close or equal for still far less and of course your not going to be viewing them in one's home side by side I would bet you'd have a hard time telling the difference in a blind test.

Of course for those that know the history the Fujitsu provides cache and bragging rights as being the Mercedes/Ferrarri of PDP's whether it be fact once the Super Plasma arrives and you add an equivalent VP (if desired). Could a blind test truly crown one over the other? Someone with those income resources is going to grab the Fujitsu whether it be fact or not since a few thousand means nothing to those buyers.

As panels and VP's evolve I wouldn't consider someone a "Moron" for suggesting a blind comparison and calling a fellow member a moron is in violation of the Forum rules is it not? Don't get me wrong they should be the elite of panels but lets add an equivalent VP to the Super Plasma or have someone do a shootout like is being done with the JVC RS1 as we discuss.

Admittedly, if I were to win the Lotto Friday I'd easily choose the Fujitsu for one of the rooms of the new estate and several other larger panels for others - but my budget being around $10K in reality it would be a Super Plasma or a 65-70" LCD for my sunny room if they can build one without the recent banding BS. This Super Plasma sounds exciting in many ways and the Pio seems to have a clean slate compared to others recently when it comes to QC. Enjoy!

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's
Old 03-01-2007, 05:04 AM
Advanced Member

Agree 110%, Westa. Good post! Of course, for those with the where-with-all, a Fujitsu in every room is an easily attainable goal - if you want to make that one of your goals. I, Too, am waiting on these "super plasmas" and if they are as good as they say they are, then the buying public indeed has an attractive, economically feasible option. Wonder how a properly calibrated super plasma's PQ would compare against that new Fujitsu? Any differences in quality would be pretty well neglible, I'd wager.

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Old 03-01-2007, 11:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybrulez View Post

Meh, that "you get what you pay for" is so unrealistic. I am sure we can think up many exceptions to that rule.

Yes. It is an old saying. And it's so old and outdated that it should be tossed out.

Agreed. That saying has no value at all when talking about audio equipment, for example. Just because a piece of equipment is more expensive does not mean it is better (Wilson Audio for example)

Quote:

Am I the only one that thinks that came across as braggy?

My journey to find the "perfect" speaker
Dr. Olive's Blog

No matter what measurements tell us, a loudspeaker isn’t good until it
sounds good. - Dr. Floyd Toole
Old 03-01-2007, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
can't we all just get along??

I'm a big Fuji fan, and I love pio.....both make superb displays. the AVM processor is a better solution than the pio, but the subjective PQ is a toss up.

I will say, until the new fuji's come out, the super plasmas will be one tough cookie to overcome. Of everything I witnessed in CES this year, this was my highlight....it was impressive, and it blew me our more than last years SED demo.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuance View Post

Am I the only one that thinks that came across as braggy?

If I had an Acura I would not be bragging about it. Its an okay brand, but not brag-worthy.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Liked: 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbd90 View Post

If I had an Acura I would not be bragging about it. Its an okay brand, but not brag-worthy.

I'll say! It has NO HDMI inputs. You can't get in-home warranty service. I'm not even sure it HAS a scaler. And it's the very devil to mount over the fireplace....
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Old 03-01-2007, 04:30 PM

Bragging is fine. It's not like none of you don't brag when you get your favorite plasma TV. Since the cost is involved in buying the TV, bringing out about the car was necessary. Like I said, if it wasn't for my Acura I could've easily gone for the Fujitsu. I haven't bragged yet. Wait till you see me really bragging. Uhhhh Boy, you have seen nothing yet.......

Now enough with the bitchin'. You need to be "thankful" that I'm not gonna go on at it, slamming down the new 8th Gen Pio. There are a lot of things I don't trust what they say it will do. The damn thing is not even out yet and people(ohhh.. especially that one guy, you know who ) are drooling over with tongues sticking out, swearing it's going to the best performing display yada yada ya. I'm gonna go enjoy watching movies on my 7UY. It is so enjoyable, so I'm not going to waste my time here on the internet. I've got a real life, unlike some people who live in this forum. You can speak sh#t when the TVs are out and when you actually get your hands on one of these 8gen Pios.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipcrkr View Post

And you can use the same wax on the Acura

Hell yea....... I already waxed my Acura several times. I'm gonna use Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Professional #26 specially formulated yella wax. Good stuff.... Smells like banana too.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

I'll say! It has NO HDMI inputs. You can't get in-home warranty service. I'm not even sure it HAS a scaler. And it's the very devil to mount over the fireplace....
--Bob

LOL!

Dr. Olive's Blog

Old 03-01-2007, 04:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I haven't bragged yet. Wait till you see me really bragging. Uhhhh Boy, you have seen nothing yet.......

Gee, I can't wait...

Quote:

Now enough with the bitchin'.

Who's b!itchin'?

Dr. Olive's Blog