Best Flat Panel for Xbox, PS3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-01-2007, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, When it comes to choosing a flat panel TV for HDTV I've developed a preference for Plasma's over LCDs; to me the LCDs don't handle motion (sports, etc.) as well as the Plasmas.

But setting aside HDTV sources (satellite, etc.), if you were going to purchase a 40-42" flat panel just for Xbox and PS3 gaming, would you still stick with a Plasma or would you prefer a LCD?

Some other questions:

1. Any concern about Plasma burn-in, or is that a thing of the past? (this would be used by kids - they might not turn off games, etc.)

2. Which would give a better picture for Xbox and PS3, LCD or Plasma?

3. I like Pansonic Plasmas, but is there any concern on the 37" and 42" models that the native resolution is 1024 x 720 (instead of 1366 x 768) - when it comes to games?

4. Any particular brands/models you (either Plasma or LCD) that you like best for Xbox and PS3?

Thanks, Yada
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-02-2007, 08:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You can't go wrong with the pioneer 4270hd, 5070hd or 6070hd. They have 1366 x 768 resolution so it can process 1080i better and even 1080p 24hz signals. 1080p signals have to come in through hdmi only but it won't accept 1080p from ps3 cause it outputs 1080p 60hz and ps3 doesnt have a scaler chip in it. The xbox 360 does 1080p through component but most plasma screens aren't native 1080p anyway. Colors, detail, fast motion and black levels are freaking amazing on these pioneers. Back when prey came out for xbox 360 I was stuck playing it on a philips plasma I had for a few months and I switched to the pioneer which made the difference very obvious.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page