Samsung xx34, xx44, xx54, xx64 Series Plasma Thread - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #721 of 8389 Old 05-10-2007, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member
 
eghill1125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Butler, PA
Posts: 917
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just received my 4254 last week. So far, I've been very impressed with the picture quality. However, I've noticed that the set occasionally makes an audible "clicking" noise (with no inturruption of pq). Does anyone else experience this as well, and is this a cause for concern?

I forgot all about that. I remember when I first got my 4254 watching OTA HD there was occasional pop sound. But to be honest I thought it was the signal coming in at the time. Worried me then too.

I haven't heard it since the first couple of days. I have had my TV since the beginning of April I believe. It may be common at the beginning, but I don't know for sure. I wouldn't think it is a concern, but I am not saying that there couldn't be either. I haven't had any problems at all with this set.

Ed

PSN - eghill1125
eghill1125 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #722 of 8389 Old 05-10-2007, 07:30 AM
Member
 
Joshuaalpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
yah I am taking my 5054 back and getting a 4254 or 42px75u. Havn't made up my mind yet. The 50 " is too big for 9 ' viewing distance. I see all the pixels and it is driving me nuts. I went back 13 ' down the hallway and the pixelization disapeared. YAY. I drove myself nuts over the past week seeing it over and over again. Turns out the perfect viewing distance for a 42" is about 10'. go figure.
Joshuaalpha is offline  
post #723 of 8389 Old 05-10-2007, 08:01 AM
Senior Member
 
ajs800's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 330
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is a little off topic, but why is the Sammy 4273 still selling for so much more then the new 54/64 models? I've been shopping for a good deal on the 54 and keep seeing the 4273 listed at a much higher price.
ajs800 is offline  
post #724 of 8389 Old 05-10-2007, 08:04 AM
 
ZippyBongHits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: White Mountains NH
Posts: 837
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs800 View Post

This is a little off topic, but why is the Sammy 4273 still selling for so much more then the new 54/64 models? I've been shopping for a good deal on the 54 and keep seeing the 4273 listed at a much higher price.

Absolutely no reason. The 54/64 model is basically an updated and improved version of the 73 from last year.
ZippyBongHits is offline  
post #725 of 8389 Old 05-10-2007, 08:10 AM
 
ZippyBongHits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: White Mountains NH
Posts: 837
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuaalpha View Post

yah I am taking my 5054 back and getting a 4254 or 42px75u. Havn't made up my mind yet. The 50 " is too big for 9 ' viewing distance. I see all the pixels and it is driving me nuts. I went back 13 ' down the hallway and the pixelization disapeared. YAY. I drove myself nuts over the past week seeing it over and over again. Turns out the perfect viewing distance for a 42" is about 10'. go figure.

Errrr huh? I sit 7-8 feet in front of my 50". I see no pixelazation at that distance. 42" is pretty small TV at 9' IMO.

You do know that how well you calibrate your set will determine how quickly you see pixelization and from what distance. What are your settings at, what input, what source? I don't start to the see the pixelization till about 4 feet. My set is pretty well dialed too. But to get this type of quality pic out of the set your black level(brightness), white level(contrast), and color saturation must be set well.
ZippyBongHits is offline  
post #726 of 8389 Old 05-10-2007, 10:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
Flyfishingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 665
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I agree Zippy, if my T.V. were in a dedicated theater room and not the living room I'd put my Chair six feet from the T.V. As a test I placed my chair square in front of the set 6 feet out and wow, it was far more like a theater experience at that distance, and the picture is perfect.

If you are seeing pixels you either have a defective set or super spidey eyes that see so well it's as if you are only a foot or two from the set instead of 9 feet, that's how close I have to get to the set to see the individual pixels.
Flyfishingdad is offline  
post #727 of 8389 Old 05-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Member
 
trousermouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuaalpha View Post

yah I am taking my 5054 back and getting a 4254 or 42px75u. Havn't made up my mind yet. The 50 " is too big for 9 ' viewing distance. I see all the pixels and it is driving me nuts. I went back 13 ' down the hallway and the pixelization disapeared. YAY. I drove myself nuts over the past week seeing it over and over again. Turns out the perfect viewing distance for a 42" is about 10'. go figure.

You must have DISH Network.... I had them for 2 years and SD was terrible. When I moved into my new house I switched over to Time Warner and it was a dramatic difference. I never had one of the new MPEG4 receivers but I hear they are a little better.

At your viewing distance, you shouldn't see any artifacts. If the source is terrible so will be the picture.
trousermouse is offline  
post #728 of 8389 Old 05-10-2007, 01:59 PM
Q&A
Member
 
Q&A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eghill1125 View Post

I just received my 4254 last week. So far, I've been very impressed with the picture quality. However, I've noticed that the set occasionally makes an audible "clicking" noise (with no inturruption of pq). Does anyone else experience this as well, and is this a cause for concern?

I forgot all about that. I remember when I first got my 4254 watching OTA HD there was occasional pop sound. But to be honest I thought it was the signal coming in at the time. Worried me then too.

I haven't heard it since the first couple of days. I have had my TV since the beginning of April I believe. It may be common at the beginning, but I don't know for sure. I wouldn't think it is a concern, but I am not saying that there couldn't be either. I haven't had any problems at all with this set.

I have a 4273 and I hear the popping sound when viewing OTA content in high def. It happens when the signal changes from high-def content to the commercials, which are in standard-def, and back. I don't know if it is caused by the TV or the signal.
Q&A is offline  
post #729 of 8389 Old 05-10-2007, 02:11 PM
 
ZippyBongHits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: White Mountains NH
Posts: 837
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q&A View Post

I have a 4273 and I hear the popping sound when viewing OTA content in high def. It happens when the signal changes from high-def content to the commercials, which are in standard-def, and back. I don't know if it is caused by the TV or the signal.

Thats the signal.
ZippyBongHits is offline  
post #730 of 8389 Old 05-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Newbie
 
vtskiguy30's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is an odd question but if someone with a 5054 that utilizes the stand that comes with it - could you help me out. My TV is not vertical when sitting on this stand- It tilts forward ever so much that it is an annoyance to me and I have plans to return it. Is this a defect or do others tilt like this. I went to BB and looked at theirs and I saw no sign of it, so I am plannin gon getting a replacement. THe 5064 is the same price now, is the reflective coating better on this model or is the only difference the USB picture viewer?

Any answers to these questions would be great!

Thanks, Guys
vtskiguy30 is offline  
post #731 of 8389 Old 05-11-2007, 12:57 AM
s4b
Member
 
s4b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyBongHits View Post

Errrr huh? I sit 7-8 feet in front of my 50". I see no pixelazation at that distance. 42" is pretty small TV at 9' IMO.

You do know that how well you calibrate your set will determine how quickly you see pixelization and from what distance. What are your settings at, what input, what source? I don't start to the see the pixelization till about 4 feet. My set is pretty well dialed too. But to get this type of quality pic out of the set your black level(brightness), white level(contrast), and color saturation must be set well.

I also sit about 7-8' away from my 5054 and I don't see pixelation. And I'm sure my set is not as calibrated as zippy's either. I'm actually pretty amazed at what I don't see sitting so close.
s4b is offline  
post #732 of 8389 Old 05-11-2007, 01:16 AM
s4b
Member
 
s4b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtskiguy30 View Post

This is an odd question but if someone with a 5054 that utilizes the stand that comes with it - could you help me out. My TV is not vertical when sitting on this stand- It tilts forward ever so much that it is an annoyance to me and I have plans to return it. Is this a defect or do others tilt like this. I went to BB and looked at theirs and I saw no sign of it, so I am plannin gon getting a replacement. THe 5064 is the same price now, is the reflective coating better on this model or is the only difference the USB picture viewer?

Any answers to these questions would be great!

Thanks, Guys

My 5054 looks straight looking at it from the side. It doesn't lean forward or back. Maybe it needs some kind of adjustment? Give Samsung a call.

I believe the 5064 has a thicker?/darker? anti glare coating. And yes, the USB port. I think that's about it.

Technically speaking, I don't think it's a "reflective" coating. See this thread . My set reflects like crazy. But glare hasn't been a problem.
s4b is offline  
post #733 of 8389 Old 05-11-2007, 01:19 AM
s4b
Member
 
s4b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, I have to get back to this issue. I know how to get into the SM now. I just don't know which menu option gives the number of hours. Can someone tell me which menu item to choose. I don't want to click into any of the menu items and screw anything up. I just want to see the number of hours logged. That's it. Nothing else. No exploring. No experimenting.
s4b is offline  
post #734 of 8389 Old 05-11-2007, 02:15 AM
Senior Member
 
HT-Naimee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 445
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anybody know anything about the motion judder on 24Hz?


And how is the set with fast movement (sports etc.)?
HT-Naimee is offline  
post #735 of 8389 Old 05-11-2007, 02:30 AM
 
ZippyBongHits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: White Mountains NH
Posts: 837
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HT-Naimee View Post

Anybody know anything about the motion judder on 24Hz?


And how is the set with fast movement (sports etc.)?

Film mode works well on this set. In fact the Samsung I think may be the best plasma screen in terms of motion performance. Performance is as good as your going to get from a 60hz set I feel. Jutter(picture spacing/shifting/movement all stay even and constant to reduce the noticeable effect)effects have been minimized well.
ZippyBongHits is offline  
post #736 of 8389 Old 05-11-2007, 02:32 AM
 
ZippyBongHits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: White Mountains NH
Posts: 837
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4b View Post

Ok, I have to get back to this issue. I know how to get into the SM now. I just don't know which menu option gives the number of hours. Can someone tell me which menu item to choose. I don't want to click into any of the menu items and screw anything up. I just want to see the number of hours logged. That's it. Nothing else. No exploring. No experimenting.

Option byte. You'll see it. Just hit power once you've seen it. You'll be set.
ZippyBongHits is offline  
post #737 of 8389 Old 05-11-2007, 02:34 AM
 
ZippyBongHits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: White Mountains NH
Posts: 837
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4b View Post

I also sit about 7-8' away from my 5054 and I don't see pixelation. And I'm sure my set is not as calibrated as zippy's either. I'm actually pretty amazed at what I don't see sitting so close.

Isnt that like the perfect distance from a 50" set? Fill the main peripheral of our vision up eyes don't need to shift much either. Very relaxed viewing.
ZippyBongHits is offline  
post #738 of 8389 Old 05-11-2007, 02:36 AM
 
ZippyBongHits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: White Mountains NH
Posts: 837
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtskiguy30 View Post

This is an odd question but if someone with a 5054 that utilizes the stand that comes with it - could you help me out. My TV is not vertical when sitting on this stand- It tilts forward ever so much that it is an annoyance to me and I have plans to return it. Is this a defect or do others tilt like this. I went to BB and looked at theirs and I saw no sign of it, so I am plannin gon getting a replacement. THe 5064 is the same price now, is the reflective coating better on this model or is the only difference the USB picture viewer?

Any answers to these questions would be great!

Thanks, Guys

The table the stand is on is even right? Should be no lean btw. Check owners manual for possible adjustments to the stand. If there aren't any, take it back for another one.
ZippyBongHits is offline  
post #739 of 8389 Old 05-11-2007, 05:51 AM
Member
 
abeln2672's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
FYI, for those of you that ordered from Amazon, make sure you keep a close eye on price. I ordered the 4264 and the price went down like $50 yesterday...I emailed then around 10pm, and they've already refunded that difference to my cc. FYI, my set is going to arrive today!! I called the shipping company directly the SECOND I noticed that it had arrived in my metro area...
abeln2672 is offline  
post #740 of 8389 Old 05-11-2007, 06:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Tag66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 336
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeln2672 View Post

FYI, for those of you that ordered from Amazon, make sure you keep a close eye on price. I ordered the 4264 and the price went down like $50 yesterday...I emailed then around 10pm, and they've already refunded that difference to my cc. FYI, my set is going to arrive today!! I called the shipping company directly the SECOND I noticed that it had arrived in my metro area...

While the 4264 is going down, the 5054 and 5064 have been going up! Was about jump on a 5064 for 1.870k but missed it by a day-- now it is up 1.999k.
Tag66 is offline  
post #741 of 8389 Old 05-11-2007, 08:25 AM
 
ZippyBongHits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: White Mountains NH
Posts: 837
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If your paying $1400 or less for a 4254/64 thats a great deal. Under $2k for a 50" 5054/64 is also a great deal. Jesus I remember what a good 50" PDP cost this time last year.
ZippyBongHits is offline  
post #742 of 8389 Old 05-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Member
 
captpjd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sulphur, La.
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just saw the 5054 at "CC" for under $2000---great time to make that decision
captpjd is offline  
post #743 of 8389 Old 05-12-2007, 01:29 AM
s4b
Member
 
s4b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyBongHits View Post

Isnt that like the perfect distance from a 50" set? Fill the main peripheral of our vision up eyes don't need to shift much either. Very relaxed viewing.

You said it. I think that's the distance one of those calculators gave and I just didn't believe it (might have even been 6'). I am now a believer!
s4b is offline  
post #744 of 8389 Old 05-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Member
 
illini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: cincinnati
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i like the way this tv looks but will i ever be able too used dynamic contrast mode.
illini is offline  
post #745 of 8389 Old 05-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Newbie
 
booty2270's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have any issues with dead/stuck pixels with either of the 54/64 series sets?
booty2270 is offline  
post #746 of 8389 Old 05-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Member
 
The_Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyBongHits View Post

Film mode works well on this set. In fact the Samsung I think may be the best plasma screen in terms of motion performance. Performance is as good as your going to get from a 60hz set I feel. Jutter(picture spacing/shifting/movement all stay even and constant to reduce the noticeable effect)effects have been minimized well.

Is there any way to reduce the effects of this "jutter"? I just purchased a 4254 a few days ago and I am absolutely loving it. The picture is awesome in HD and very respectable for SD as well.

My only complaint is whenever I am watching anything with fast motion (such as sports), I get these really slight stutters in the picture. It is very slight, but definitely noticeable and happens pretty frequently for fast moving sports such as basketball. Is there anything I can do to help prevent this? I watch sports quite a bit and I could see this being pretty annoying over time.

Does this same phenomenon happen with LCDs? Does it happen with all plasmas? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as now I am actually considering returning the set and exchanging it for a LCD. I just watch a LOT of sports and if this happens every time I do, I am not sure I can live with it.
The_Law is offline  
post #747 of 8389 Old 05-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Member
 
trousermouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Law View Post

Is there any way to reduce the effects of this "jutter"? I just purchased a 4254 a few days ago and I am absolutely loving it. The picture is awesome in HD and very respectable for SD as well.

My only complaint is whenever I am watching anything with fast motion (such as sports), I get these really slight stutters in the picture. It is very slight, but definitely noticeable and happens pretty frequently for fast moving sports such as basketball. Is there anything I can do to help prevent this? I watch sports quite a bit and I could see this being pretty annoying over time.

Does this same phenomenon happen with LCDs? Does it happen with all plasmas? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as now I am actually considering returning the set and exchanging it for a LCD. I just watch a LOT of sports and if this happens every time I do, I am not sure I can live with it.


What is your source? I used to have Dish Network and would always have motion blur on sports and movies in SD. HD was fine but the SD was terrible. I now have Timewarner and don't have the problem anymore.
trousermouse is offline  
post #748 of 8389 Old 05-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Member
 
The_Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by trousermouse View Post

What is your source? I used to have Dish Network and would always have motion blur on sports and movies in SD. HD was fine but the SD was terrible. I now have Timewarner and don't have the problem anymore.

I have Comcast cable. I am using component cable to connect my Motorola DVR to the TV. I actually haven't noticed it when watching SD, but that may be because I haven't watched any sports in SD since I bought it.

Like I said, it is just a slight "blip" that happens every few seconds during fast motion viewing, but with as much sports as I watch, I think it may still be more than I can handle. I am not sure if this is what is considered "motion blur", but I never see any trails or ghosting. It is really just a really quick pause that is just barely perceptible. Unfortunately, once you do notice it happening, it is hard to watch without noticing it.
The_Law is offline  
post #749 of 8389 Old 05-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Senior Member
 
avs2avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Law View Post

Is there any way to reduce the effects of this "jutter"? I just purchased a 4254 a few days ago and I am absolutely loving it. The picture is awesome in HD and very respectable for SD as well.

My only complaint is whenever I am watching anything with fast motion (such as sports), I get these really slight stutters in the picture. It is very slight, but definitely noticeable and happens pretty frequently for fast moving sports such as basketball. Is there anything I can do to help prevent this? I watch sports quite a bit and I could see this being pretty annoying over time.

Does this same phenomenon happen with LCDs? Does it happen with all plasmas? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as now I am actually considering returning the set and exchanging it for a LCD. I just watch a LOT of sports and if this happens every time I do, I am not sure I can live with it.

Here's my experience with this.
I've read here some good things about the Samsung 54/64 series and wanted to see for myself.
So couple of weeks ago, I went to BB and they had a 5054 Sammy next to Pio 5071. I have no idea about how the panels were set up or if they just had factory settings but both panels looked good.
And then a basketball game came on. I immediately noticed the motion artifacts on the 5054 during fast action. I had to take a double look since it was very obvious but totally unexpected to me.
The 5071 did not exhibit these artifacts during the same action and I think I only saw one instance of very minor micro blocking (a slight and very transient breaking up of picture in the area of fast action) which also could be due to the source.
I think these artifacts on the Sammy are due to the processor, so I doubt they can be eliminated.
As far as LCDs, their fast action motion blur is even more frequent and more irritating. The new ones claim to have reduced this but I haven't seen the latest ones yet.
Cheers
avs2avs is offline  
post #750 of 8389 Old 05-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Member
 
The_Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by avs2avs View Post

Here's my experience with this.
I've read here some good things about the Samsung 54/64 series and wanted to see for myself.
So couple of weeks ago, I went to BB and they had a 5054 Sammy next to Pio 5071. I have no idea about how the panels were set up or if they just had factory settings but both panels looked good.
And then a basketball game came on. I immediately noticed the motion artifacts on the 5054 during fast action. I had to take a double look since it was very obvious but totally unexpected to me.
The 5071 did not exhibit these artifacts during the same action and I think I only saw one instance of very minor micro blocking (a slight and very transient breaking up of picture in the area of fast action) which also could be due to the source.
I think these artifacts on the Sammy are due to the processor, so I doubt they can be eliminated.
As far as LCDs, their fast action motion blur is even more frequent and more irritating. The new ones claim to have reduced this but I haven't seen the latest ones yet.
Cheers

Well crap. I guess I may have to look at going to a different tv then. That little "blip" drove me nuts tonight during the Suns/Spurs game tonight. It really is minor, but the more I see it the more it gets under my skin. Anyone have any idea how easy it is to return a TV to Best Buy? I pretty much demolished the box when I took the tv out, so I would have to return it with no box.
The_Law is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off