Just picked up a Panasonic TH-50PX60U - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-14-2007, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I originally disliked this tv because of the all silver bezel but I felt like it was the best tv I could get for the price. I watched a little tv on it lastnight in SD and I also watched the new Rocky Balboa movie on it. I wasn't that impressed with the picture quality but that must be because its SD I guess.

I also bought a indoor antenna at best buy with my tv. I'm confused how to use it though because it has a cable cord that I have no idea where to hook up. I took the cable off the back of the tv and ran the antenna cable to it and switched the tv to "antenna" mode but I only got a few channels.

Now though I can't get it back to just regular cable when I put my original cable cord back to into the tv. I did change the mode back to "cable" mode.

Any ideas or helpful tips to make me happier with this tv?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-14-2007, 02:39 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwolfe81 View Post

I originally disliked this tv because of the all silver bezel but I felt like it was the best tv I could get for the price. I watched a little tv on it lastnight in SD and I also watched the new Rocky Balboa movie on it. I wasn't that impressed with the picture quality but that must be because its SD I guess.

I also bought a indoor antenna at best buy with my tv. I'm confused how to use it though because it has a cable cord that I have no idea where to hook up. I took the cable off the back of the tv and ran the antenna cable to it and switched the tv to "antenna" mode but I only got a few channels.

Now though I can't get it back to just regular cable when I put my original cable cord back to into the tv. I did change the mode back to "cable" mode.

Any ideas or helpful tips to make me happier with this tv?

When you disconnect your antenna cord and re-connect your regular cable from the wall and switch from ANTENNA mode to CABLE mode in the menu, you have to RE-SCAN ALL of your cable channels which will wipe out all of the ANTENNA channels you scanned in previously. With these junky Panasonic tuners, you have to set it up specifically for CABLE or ANTENNA - it will not remember both modes. If you want to switch back to ANTENNA, you'll have to re-scan all the OTA channels which will in-turn erase all the CABLE channels you scanned before.

This is a serious flaw in the Panasonic tuner design; they cheaped out and gave us a crappy tuner. And to top it all off, the OTA tuner is weak. My HP LCD TV's OTA tuner can pull in more local OTA HD channels than my Panasonic PX50 using the same indoor antenna, and the signal strength is weaker on the Panny. My Tivo pulls in all the OTA HD channels a lot better than the Panny tuner too, it just sucks.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR605, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #3 of 3 Old 04-14-2007, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Congrats on picking up a great tv. I have the same one. Have you tried these settings yet:
Panasonic TH-50PX60U Optimal Picture Settings
Picture Mode Standard
Picture +22
Brightness +8
Color -1
Tint -4
Sharpness -14
Color Temperature Warm
Enhanced Black Level Off
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version