Best Flat Panel for Bedroom and Game Room - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-17-2007, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all, we are upgrading our TVs in our master bedroom and our pool table room and was wondering what thoughts you folks had. We have a Pioneer PDP-5070 in the living room for our home theatre, but obviously don't need to go that heavy duty in these rooms (as they are smaller for one, not a home theatre for two). I've seen Philips have some good deals on their outlet website, but was wondering what you all thought had the best "bang for the buck" in that size range. I'm guessing these rooms would be best fit by the 32"-42" models.

Thanks as always!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-17-2007, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8rgrad98 View Post

Hello all, we are upgrading our TVs in our master bedroom and our pool table room and was wondering what thoughts you folks had. We have a Pioneer PDP-5070 in the living room for our home theatre, but obviously don't need to go that heavy duty in these rooms (as they are smaller for one, not a home theatre for two). I've seen Philips have some good deals on their outlet website, but was wondering what you all thought had the best "bang for the buck" in that size range. I'm guessing these rooms would be best fit by the 32"-42" models.

Thanks as always!

I say put the 5070 in game room and get a projector for the home theater or something. You clearly have the money so why not go more than 50" in the home theater. That's just me though.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-17-2007, 09:53 AM

Liked: 13
The question to you is if you are happy with the 5070HD and depending on your budget why not consider the 4270HD? There are definitely other options for Panasonic pro and consumer.
post #4 of 5 Old 04-17-2007, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

A projector is a bit out of the budget for the living room/home theatre. We recently bought the house and are re-doing it one room at a time. The living room was first, so it got the 50

Now that these are almost done, time for their TVs. For the bedroom I'm thinking 37" or 42" and for the game room, 32" or 37", leaning more towards 32 as it is a small room. Or perhaps two 27"s for the game room as there are coax inputs on two walls.

The 4270 is probably a bit more $ than I'd like to spend in that room as I'd like to keep the cost for each room/set around $1000, maybe $1500 at most.

Roman, I know you have sold to a great many posters and have great deals. Your input is definitely appreciated! If plausible, could you email some suggestions to me? Catlett74@hotmail.com

Thank you all, your input was right on for the 5070!
post #5 of 5 Old 04-17-2007, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Look at the hitachi's or the new samsungs

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page