Samsung Plasma, Showing red on white screen - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 40 Old 01-28-2012, 03:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yep, something like that, pretty much... but much more intensive.
The technician took the tv (supposedly for 3-4 days) and after a week when I called them they said they have to keep it a little longer, because they're waiting for a display to come from KOREA!!!
So I got my TV back after 16 days, but it works fine now. Guess it must've been a manufacturing defect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 Old 02-16-2012, 09:11 AM

I had the same issue with 4" red horizonal red stripe at the top of my 58C500and Samsung replaced my screen. I was still under warranty.
post #33 of 40 Old 03-14-2012, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimey1 View Post

Attachment 234660

My PS63C7000 was exactly like this, its being replaced under extended warranty. (Harvey Norman Australia)
Is a PS64D550 a worthy replacement for my PS63C7000 or should I try to argue for a PS64D8000?

Thanks

kc
post #34 of 40 Old 04-15-2012, 06:47 PM

Same exact band I had with my PN63C8000 about 5-6 months ago, they replaced everything except the frame and back panel......probably cost more than just providing a new TV but ok Samsung lol. Now I see not a band but purple areas on both top corner sections away from the bezel, almost like the screen is dirty especially when watching hockey and a fast paced white background area. I do also notice where the purple area is, behind the TV it is extremely hot in those specific areas.....I will be calling Samsung again.

Spend Spend Spend
post #35 of 40 Old 04-25-2012, 06:32 PM

I have the exact same tv, PN63C8000. How visible are the stripes some of you see on your plasma? In my case, on a full white screen, if I have someone over and say "Hey, look, it's a full white screen", they won't notice anything. If I then say "concentrate on it", faint red and green stripes alternate. I see this on some white content, but very rarely. Nothing like the horizontal red band on the picture previously posted. I'm almost wondering if my eyes are playing tricks on me, but 1) my laptop doesn't show any sign of it, and 2) I search for this forum after noticing the problem, not the other way around. :-)

Getting back to the point, how visible were the stripes that got some of your panels replaced?
post #36 of 40 Old 04-28-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimey1 View Post

Attachment 234660

I have the same problem with my pn58c8000
My warranty is up so Samsung won't go good for it. What are my options and how much am I looking at? Here some pics
LL
LL
post #37 of 40 Old 07-08-2012, 05:47 AM

hi

did you ever get a result with this as i have exactly the same issue?

thanks
post #38 of 40 Old 07-24-2012, 04:35 AM

me too got the same issue. tv started displaying purple patches after 15 motnhs. so now it is out of warranty.

Sansung tried to blame my Sky satelite box at first until i explained it does it on DVD'S SD cards and any other form of source that has large white areas in the pictures.

I am now on the case with the retailer and going under the Sales of Goods Acts.

Basically if you feel that this is not standard wear and tear and that the product you purchased should last more than it has you have a case.

Personally i dont think a £2500 tv should be unwatchable within 15 Months so i will be kicking and screaming until they replace it or refund me.

The retailer is now trying to get me to pay for an engineer to take it away to tell me that the screen is knackered and they will then discuss this with Samsung. ( who have already told me to get lost)

If you paid by Credit card you may also have some form of cover under the card as well even if you only paid 0.01p towards the cost of the tv. I have read this before and have now started paying partially by credit card for everything i purchase that is of a large value and i believe it is 6 years you can be covered for.

Ill keep you updated.

Giff
post #39 of 40 Old 10-21-2012, 10:06 AM

Hello, ladies and gents. Been awhile since I've posted on this site. I bought a 58" Cseries 630 plasma in 2010. Same exact pics from the poster "grime". Out of nowhere, "RED RASH". Thought my warranty was up, but decided to call Samsung anyway. Wahlaaaaa!!!! Still under warranty after 2yrs. Still a mystery, but, oh well I 'll take it. I explained that this was happening during predominately, or all white scenes, while on cable and Blu-ray. The call operator determined I needed a new screen. Local TV repairmen came, and upon removing the new screen, we found it had been cracked. Had to call Samsung again and they said instead of taking a risk with another broken screen they gave me the option of a pro-rated refund due to the model year of the tv or a comparible exchange. The only problem with the comparible exchange was that they wanted an additional $400 bucks. WOW!!!! A defective tv still under warranty, and I have to pay???? RIght. I think the cracked screen was a blessing in disguise, as I see all the customers with similar issuses. This seems to be a predominately plasma issue as well. I will be taking the cash and purchasing an LED. Probably not from Samsung. Mabye looking for a Vizio. Wont have the refund until near Thanksgiving but that's okay. By that time, there wil be more Black Friday deals. Find it ashame all the hundreds of thousands of issues people have had over the decades after shelling out THOUSANDS for these sets. Should be way more advanced in technology to be having an issue. Money grab. Need more complaints, and/or boycotts, of these defective sets, especially the most defective brands. Good luck to everyone. P.S. any suggestions on LED's with comparible dark colors and fluid motion of the plasmas (without the red rash headache)??? Budget around $15-$1700. Thanks guys.
post #40 of 40 Old 10-21-2012, 08:31 PM

Read my post below. I simply got lucky. All I can say is, argue/threaten them with a lawsuit, for they have to know this is an obvious problem in plasma sets (especially Samsung sets). Why continue to sell inferior equiptment? Also, bypass the initial customer service rep (if you live in the states that is) they will be no more help than to take notes. Ask to be transfered to the Executive Customer Relations Dept. and give em the riot act. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page