what is with HDMI 1.3 and 1080p/24p? Can't find a word about
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 4325 Old 05-22-2007, 07:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just notice that brightandsleek is no longer listing the FP-T5084 for sale. This is what they told me:
"It appears that management removed this model and the 63" version because Samsung apparently doesn't want us selling it online at this time."
Probably why Sears also removed the item a while back.
post #33 of 4325 Old 05-22-2007, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'll add some clarity to this Brightandsleek mystery:

I'm probably to blame for the models disappearing. I spoke to a rep from brightandsleek and after inquiring about why they're not listed as an official authorized dealer on samsungs website i was told that someone would contact me the next day with details. I give them a lot of credit because they did just that. I am pasting the entire email they sent.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting us yesterday and calling our attention to the above Samsung TV.

Our company tries to follow manufacturer distribution policies as best we can. After having reviewed this product and the 63 version FPT6374 we have decided to remove the products from our site because we believe that at this time Samsung doesn't want these products being offered online.

It may seem hard to believe but it is sometimes difficult to get clear directions from manufacturers regarding their distribution policies as these vary all the time based on strategic changes, new products, etc. In the case of Samsung we're purchasing the products through large distributors who insist that since they are authorized to sell us we are therefore also authorized - for the specific products we do offer. Just 6 months ago we were asked to switch distributors since Samsung once again was changing their distribution policies and were assigning distributors nationally by region. We were also recently authorized to sell the Samsung SPH710AE projector. This is an example where this specific product required a separate authorization.

Nevertheless, because of the Samsung Peace of mind program I'm told that we had initiated contact with them a few weeks ago. Samsung has not formally approved us yet and have no guarantee that they will approve us.

At times in the past we have accepted very limited phone orders for products which we removed from our online store for one reason or another. This works with some manufacturers who simply don't want some specific models sold online but don't mind selling them in a store or over the phone. It is interesting to note that Samsung only says they would refuse a warranty if the serial numbers would be altered or missing, which would not be the case with our products, since they are brand new and sealed at the Samsung factories.

I checked and the 50 is backordered but the 63 model is available. I apologize that our availability information online was incorrect.

We notice that you placed the order for the 50 TV last night. We expect this model to arrive towards the end of next month. As an exception we would be willing to accept your order for the price of which I believe is the price that was showing prior to the product being removed. We don't charge a customer's credit card until the order ships and you can cancel any time prior to shipping with no penalty. If you find it sooner or cheaper just let us know that you want to cancel the order.

Let us know if you would like us to place this order and if you would like us to add an extended warranty, or if you prefer to cancel the order. Please also note the Special Returns Policy on the product page if you still have the URL link.

Although a long reply I hope this sheds some light into the question you asked. I also want to apologize for the inconvenience all of these changes has created. We're very sorry about this.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for shopping at Bright and Sleek!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I give them tons of credit for their efforts...i would gladly buy from them when the TV is available because i was impressed with their customer service. 5 out of 5 stars for first impressions.

I also hate to report that i'm to blame for the removal of the 5084 from crutchfields website as well. They had it listed for SIGNIFICANTLY more and when i asked why i was told they'd look into it and get in touch with me. The next day the product was just removed with no followup. I called back and was told there is no reference to the 5084 but that they are taking orders for the 5094. i was sent a link to that page which i have saved in my cart and the price is listed $200 more than 5084.

I hope this information is helpful to all. I can't wait to buy this TV but the removal of it by Sears, Crutchfield, and Brightandsleek and state about availability at the end of the next month makes me consider the Panasonic 750 which should be available around the same time.

THOUGHTS? lets keep this going, share info, make some calls, lets get the facts straight. Also, i'd love some thought from all about HUGE price differences (@20%) between "official" authorized dealers and non, and any inherent risk therein.

It would also be great to hear some thoughts about 5084 vs. Panasonic 750.

Thanks all!
post #34 of 4325 Old 05-22-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post

Is there a 42in model coming?

Ha how close do you plan to sit to the tv to warrent the 1080?

Im interested to see the 50 in action

Drew
post #35 of 4325 Old 05-22-2007, 05:58 PM
QZ1
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdjelar View Post

I called back and was told there is no reference to the 5084 but that they are taking orders for the 5094. i was sent a link to that page which i have saved in my cart and the price is listed $200 more than 5084.

How do the specs. differ on the 5094 vs. 5084.
post #36 of 4325 Old 05-22-2007, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
jr.com now has the FPT5084 listed on their website.

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.proc...ed.SAM+FPT5084
post #37 of 4325 Old 05-22-2007, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am also worried about the delay of this plasma.
I have been waiting for it- but today I called Samsung and they told me- "sometime next month".
I am begining to wonder if it's worth the wait or just go with the 5054 which is getting rave reviews. ( I've seen it and it does look excellent)
I will be sitting 9 feet from my plasma. Do I need the 1080p..?
I wanted to make the step up to 1080p since I do not plan on being able to buy another Television for at least the next 5 years- not to mention I also just bought a Samsung Bluray player which outputs 1080p....and I've been looking forward to watching movies in full HD....
post #38 of 4325 Old 05-22-2007, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QZ1 View Post

How do the specs. differ on the 5094 vs. 5084.

The only thing that i can think of is that it's the same as the announced 5894 but in a 50 inch version.

-----
Samsung's plasma TV lineup is headlined by a 58-inch wireless 1080p HDTV, ready to stream HDTV straight to the set via 802.11n. All of these TVs also include FilterBright2 Plus technology, and anti-reflective film to improve contrast levels and cut down on reflections.

* HP-T5894W: 58-inch (wireless, 1080p, HDMI 1.3 w/ CEC, 10,000:1 contrast ratio), September, $5,699
* HP-T5884: 58-inch (1080p, HDMI 1.3, 10,000:1 contrast ratio), September, $5,199
* HP-T5084: 50-inch, May, $4,199
-----
post #39 of 4325 Old 05-23-2007, 11:40 AM

I'm very interested in any news on this set as well. Keep the news coming!

Also, what's this about a TV with wireless-n? What's that for?
post #40 of 4325 Old 05-23-2007, 01:09 PM

It mainly meant to address the wire mess behind the TV and allow for clean installations (like above fireplace or whatever) only requiring power cable. All other signals (HDMI inputs such as DVD, gaming consoles, stereo theater, etc...) would be wirelessly transmitted to/from the TV. Neat concept...not necessarily important to me as i have no interest in mounting TV, but nevertheless great to know that the technology is moving forward in that arena.

Interesting to note that this is using the n wireless standard which is not yet fully ratified by IEEE and has many, evolving, itterations and revisions. The theoretical throughput is more than enough for HD signals but real world conditions often prove to be far from maximum theoretical throughput. I would love to see how reliable this technology is in the presence of other competing signals and interference such as microwaves which have noticable inpact on B and G wireless, other strong magnetic interference such as from plain antennas, lack of ferrite cores, cell phones, bluetooth, metallic surfaces, Wireless routers, corless phones, etc... Understandably, not all these technologies reside on the same frequency/band but the conglomorate of all such devices present in an increasing number of homes will make it a challenge to ensure consitent and reliable delivery of quality signal between the TV and media bridge.

Just my 2 cents...i hope it works great and very curious to see real world tests for signal strength and distance.

Anyone else have any news? Availability dates? Come on folks, give me something!

(How do we feel the 5084 will compare to the Panasonic 750?)
post #41 of 4325 Old 05-27-2007, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
HDTVSolutions.com now has the FPT5084 up on there website, with a PDF File too. It's listed at about 20% below MSRP.
post #42 of 4325 Old 05-27-2007, 04:40 AM

Quote:

-----

what is with HDMI? 1.3?
post #43 of 4325 Old 05-27-2007, 07:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes View Post

I am also worried about the delay of this plasma.

Mid to late June.

Forum Sponsor // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1-866-651-0049 // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/
/

/

/
post #44 of 4325 Old 05-27-2007, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilernie View Post

what is with HDMI? 1.3?

Yes, the HMDI is 1.3 with CEC. You can find all the basic specs on samsung's website.
post #45 of 4325 Old 05-28-2007, 07:01 PM

Several sites now seem to have the 5084 listed and ready to order (pre-order i'm assuming in most cases). JR.com has it listed and the price is very affordable for an authorized internet reseller (per samsung PeaceOfMind website). Can someone comment about their experiences with JR? And do you intend to pre-order? Anyone know when the first review may come out? I'm a little hesitant to order the TV with no reviews of it yet at all...
post #46 of 4325 Old 05-31-2007, 10:05 AM

Very interested to hear some reviews of this TV once it actually hits the streets. The lack of 1080p over VGA killed my order for the Panasonic 50pz700u, but according to this Samsung's manual it will do 1080p over VGA (and why wouldn't it, really).
post #47 of 4325 Old 05-31-2007, 07:46 PM

Does anyone know if this television has been delayed?
I have inquired at several dealers that have it listed and none of them have a date and today I get this from J&R:

Dear Valued Customer,

Recently, you submitted a stock alert requesting to be notified
when we have the item(s) below back in stock.
We are sorry to inform you that due to circumstances beyond our
control, we are unable provide you with this information.
At the current time, we are unable to obtain sufficient information
from the manufacturer as to when or if we will be receiving another
shipment.
If you would like to see similar products, click the link below the
product.

Samsung FP-T5084 50" Widescreen 1080p Plasma HDTV

I have been waiting 3-4 months for this television- My last set was a Samsung (720p) and I loved it. I'm confident in the brand and I'm betting on the 5084 to deliver. The new 720p Samsungs are getting raves and they do look great- but I live in an apartment- viewing distance of 7-8 feet so I really want to wait for the 1080p.
I would also like my next set to be somewhat future proof for at least the next 5-6 years
I sometimes wish companies wouldn't make announcements until they are ready to ship.
post #48 of 4325 Old 05-31-2007, 10:08 PM

We have a new Samsung model like that here in Korea.

I think this is a model ahead of the one you guys are talking about. It has 3 HDMI inputs, 15,000 to 1 contrast ratio, soft-touch power/volume/channel buttons, better processing capabilities, Full HD 1080p, 20 watt speakers (instead of 10), Wiselink USB input, and more.

Sorry for my bad Korean, but from what I can read for color settings:

Black Level adjustment
Automatic (something?)
Gamma
White Balance
Color
XVYcc
And a few others I don't understand...

SPD-50P91FHDWP

post #49 of 4325 Old 06-01-2007, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmatiz2 View Post

We have a new Samsung model like that here in Korea.

I think this is a model ahead of the one you guys are talking about. It has 3 HDMI inputs, 15,000 to 1 contrast ratio, soft-touch power/volume/channel buttons, better processing capabilities, Full HD 1080p, 20 watt speakers (instead of 10), Wiselink USB input, and more.

Sorry for my bad Korean, but from what I can read for color settings:

Black Level adjustment
Automatic (something?)
Gamma
White Balance
Color
XVYcc
And a few others I don't understand...

SPD-50P91FHDWP

YES! Now that's what i'm talking about! Great post Greenmatiz2...that's the kind of posts we need. I think there's no doubt that this is the same TV...the only real inconsistency that i see is the Bluetooth (I don't remember reading about that being available on the Plasma's but i know the DLP's have that).
post #50 of 4325 Old 06-01-2007, 05:31 AM

Quote:

Does anyone know if this television has been delayed?
I have inquired at several dealers that have it listed and none of them have a date and today I get this from J&R:

Dear Valued Customer,

Recently, you submitted a stock alert requesting to be notified
when we have the item(s) below back in stock.
We are sorry to inform you that due to circumstances beyond our
control, we are unable provide you with this information.
At the current time, we are unable to obtain sufficient information
from the manufacturer as to when or if we will be receiving another
shipment.
If you would like to see similar products, click the link below the
product.

Samsung FP-T5084 50" Widescreen 1080p Plasma HDTV

I have been waiting 3-4 months for this television- My last set was a Samsung (720p) and I loved it. I'm confident in the brand and I'm betting on the 5084 to deliver. The new 720p Samsungs are getting raves and they do look great- but I live in an apartment- viewing distance of 7-8 feet so I really want to wait for the 1080p.
I would also like my next set to be somewhat future proof for at least the next 5-6 years
I sometimes wish companies wouldn't make announcements until they are ready to ship.

Ditto on all points...i also got the same eMail from JR and i am also waiting for this TV. I called and they said they'd email me the same day when they could get a hold of the seller. Sure enough, i got an email the same day but it said the TV wouldn't be available until late July or early August. Then two days later i got the email above. Really confusing and disappointing. I was really looking forward to this TV and i'm ready to buy it as soon as someone says it's in stock and ready to ship...doesn't seem like that's gonna happen any time soon.
post #51 of 4325 Old 06-01-2007, 06:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 609
^^^ That is a long time, I am hearing 2nd - 3rd week in June !!

Forum Sponsor // \\

1-866-651-0049 // \\

/
/

/

/
post #52 of 4325 Old 06-01-2007, 06:58 PM

Where does the FP-T5084 and the FP-T6374 models fit in

They have the T6374 63 inch for sale and on display at BrandsMart USA here in Sunrise Florida at the Sawgrass Mall

Quote:

The only thing that i can think of is that it's the same as the announced 5894 but in a 50 inch version.

-----
Samsung's plasma TV lineup is headlined by a 58-inch wireless 1080p HDTV, ready to stream HDTV straight to the set via 802.11n. All of these TVs also include FilterBright2 Plus technology, and anti-reflective film to improve contrast levels and cut down on reflections.

* HP-T5894W: 58-inch (wireless, 1080p, HDMI 1.3 w/ CEC, 10,000:1 contrast ratio), September, $5,699
* HP-T5884: 58-inch (1080p, HDMI 1.3, 10,000:1 contrast ratio), September, $5,199
-----

post #53 of 4325 Old 06-02-2007, 11:35 AM

will this set play 1080p at 24hz or only 60i?
post #54 of 4325 Old 06-03-2007, 07:33 AM

FWIW I work for best buy and our system says it will become "active' meaning warehouses and some stores will start to carry them 6-26.
I cannot wait

Drew
post #55 of 4325 Old 06-03-2007, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Several sites now seem to have the 5084 listed and ready to order (pre-order i'm assuming in most cases). JR.com has it listed and the price is very affordable for an authorized internet reseller (per samsung PeaceOfMind website). Can someone comment about their experiences with JR? And do you intend to pre-order? Anyone know when the first review may come out? I'm a little hesitant to order the TV with no reviews of it yet at all...

J&R is located in NYC, they are a BIG retail store, my experience with them has been great, from my Klipsch refrence speakers, my Denon 3805 Receiver, to my Philips Plasma, to my Bro's JVS Plasma.

KURO -PRO-110FD,

KURO PRO-151FD,

post #56 of 4325 Old 06-04-2007, 09:59 AM

Just got off the phone with Samsung level 2 tech support.
They tell me the FP-T5084 will not accept 1080p 24hz.
Seems odd.
post #57 of 4325 Old 06-10-2007, 04:08 AM

any reviews or pictures ?
post #58 of 4325 Old 06-10-2007, 07:41 AM

pictures shouldn't be a problem, Amazon has a picture of it up. However, i am not aware of any reviews yet...i am eagerly waiting for a review myself as it is the only thing holding me back right now from ordering one. My local CC says that the local warehouse (or distro center) has 232 of them and that they should start shipping to the stores on Monday.
post #59 of 4325 Old 06-11-2007, 07:21 AM

Quote:

Just got off the phone with Samsung level 2 tech support.
They tell me the FP-T5084 will not accept 1080p 24hz.
Seems odd.

So what kind of 1080P source outputs in 1080p @24hz? Curious as to if I need to cancel my order for one. Also anyone heard anything about a max operating altitude. I sit right at 6001' and I have heard plasmas don't like high alt.
post #60 of 4325 Old 06-19-2007, 07:19 PM

I saw this TV in my local CC today. They had just put it out today. There was a Sammy blueray with a demo disk in it. Unfortanatly the remote was DOA so I was limited with my playing. The BR disk had a scene from Spiderman 2. The depth was truly amazing and the colors great but it look very grainy. Not sure if that is how it was made though? I stood very close ~4' but I didn't notice any SDE.

I tuned it to a local PBS-HD that is always poor and it looked great very smooth not harsh like I remember. One thing I can say for sure is that this TV is bright.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page