The Official Pioneer 8G KURO Owner's Discussions Thread - Page 588 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

post #17611 of 17624 Old 06-06-2016, 08:52 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck05 View Post
My 5010 will not display on sources.

No red or blue blinking lights to give me a clue.

No video sources will display but I can get the TV menu to come up, the input source displays, and I can even get the sources resolution to display including when I change it on the device. Weird....

At first I had believed it was the HDMI board but the analog video and the tuner inputs won't display either. Anything from an outside source will not light the panel; and no audio either....

Any one have any ideas?

I have already power cycled, shut off the main power for 30 miunutes, and upon power up no change....

That sounds like the main assembly board. The HDMI and tuners are embedded on that board. The analog board connects to the main assembly board so the signal can be converted to digital. I don't know why you are not getting any flashing lights.
Usually when something fails you will get flashing lights.
You can try a reset to factory defaults. The procedure is on here somewhere. I know when my board failed I could not get to that point as the display would shut down on me but I could view only the menu system with out the unit shutting down.

The current price is $1027.50.
http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/...lNum=PDP5010FD

"You lose it in here you're in a world of hurt"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17612 of 17624 Old 06-06-2016, 06:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Really appreciate the insight and the information on the board. I had previously replaced another board in this unit already but that time the flashing lights and service manual pin pointed the one I needed to replace.

Well, I guess I was not "patient" enough but several hours later (like 6 or seven) the panel started to behave normally and even this morning it was once again displaying a picture and audio from all the connected sources (Oppo blue ray, Roku, cable box, and analog tuner) so not sure what happened or even what restored it to working state again but I will not question this "gift".....

Thanks again...
post #17613 of 17624 Old 06-06-2016, 06:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck05 View Post
Really appreciate the insight and the information on the board. I had previously replaced another board in this unit already but that time the flashing lights and service manual pin pointed the one I needed to replace.

Well, I guess I was not "patient" enough but several hours later (like 6 or seven) the panel started to behave normally and even this morning it was once again displaying a picture and audio from all the connected sources (Oppo blue ray, Roku, cable box, and analog tuner) so not sure what happened or even what restored it to working state again but I will not question this "gift".....

Thanks again...

That is good news. I wonder if it was the TV Guide feature on the TV acting up? But that usually gives you the twelve flashing blue lights. As long as it is working again I guess it is best to leave sleeping dogs lay.

"You lose it in here you're in a world of hurt"
post #17614 of 17624 Old 08-07-2016, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I'm starting to have a new problem with my 5010 plasma. I have gone through the TV Guide issue a couple of times, but I've been able to recover from this using instructions from this forum. There were never any blinking lights, etc.. but the set would stop responding to the remote.

Yesterday when I would power on the display, I'd get the message "The plasma display panel is starting up, please wait." (Or whatever the message is..) That might disappear and reappear, but I couldn't get past that message in many tries.

Today, I get sound but no image on the input that is my DirecTV box. Other sources seem to be fine, so I'm experimenting with things. Obviously something's not right, but unsure what that is thus far.. any suggestions appreciated.

Edit: I now remember that DirecTV is using component video, so I can pass thru my old Slingbox. I've eliminated the DirecTV and Slingbox as issues, and it appears that I no longer have working component inputs on the 5010. Is this common?

Last edited by brentsg; 08-07-2016 at 11:46 AM.
post #17615 of 17624 Old 08-07-2016, 01:56 PM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Liked: 1978
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentsg View Post
I've eliminated the DirecTV and Slingbox as issues, and it appears that I no longer have working component inputs on the 5010. Is this common?
I doubt that many people ever used their component inputs. I never have. A search of this thread for component might give you a clue.
post #17616 of 17624 Old 08-08-2016, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
I doubt that many people ever used their component inputs. I never have. A search of this thread for component might give you a clue.
Thanks, nice to see you're still hanging around! Yeah I did a cursory look around for signs of others with the issue but didn't see anything. You might be right about the component inputs, though I never saw any drawback with DirecTV's compressed content.

I've now had to do a factory reset twice to regain use of my remote, and once to regain the use of my component inputs. Yikes, all of this within a span of months.

Guessing I'm either looking for a reasonably price main board, or a new display soon. Will be sad to see it go, and shocked that it's not going to outlast my ancient PRO-720HD.

Edit: Holy cow, time to fork over more cash.. The ads are bringing my Mac Pro to its knees.

Last edited by brentsg; 08-08-2016 at 10:38 AM.
post #17617 of 17624 Old 08-08-2016, 12:27 PM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Liked: 1978
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentsg View Post
Thanks, nice to see you're still hanging around! Yeah I did a cursory look around for signs of others with the issue but didn't see anything. You might be right about the component inputs, though I never saw any drawback with DirecTV's compressed content.

I've now had to do a factory reset twice to regain use of my remote, and once to regain the use of my component inputs. Yikes, all of this within a span of months.

Guessing I'm either looking for a reasonably price main board, or a new display soon. Will be sad to see it go, and shocked that it's not going to outlast my ancient PRO-720HD.

Edit: Holy cow, time to fork over more cash.. The ads are bringing my Mac Pro to its knees.
Our 610 main board was replaced two and a half years ago under an extended warranty. If it should go again, I don't think I would pay that price to fix it. At the moment I'm following the 2016 Vizio P-Series for a rapid replacement. I'm also keeping an eye out for OLED developments. So far the OLED prices and potential longevity are a concern for me.

Good luck.
post #17618 of 17624 Old 09-14-2016, 03:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi folks,hoping someone on here can offer some advice.
I have a Pioneer pdp-lx508d I believe the US equivalent is the 5010FD.The panel was working perfectly until a week ago and has never missed a beat.
I put the panel into standby and went out to deal with some business.When I returned less than an hour later I was met with the blue LED blinking 9 times.
I have been unable to power up the panel ever since,ive left it unplugged from the mains for over 24 hours,upon plugging into the mains again the standby light is on for around 30 seconds then the 9 blue blinks start agin
There are lots of posts/threads regarding 8 blue blinks on the 5020 model but I'm unable to find any info concerning 9 blue blinks on a 5010
Any advice would be most welcome as I was happy with the panel and wasn't quite ready to pull the trigger on a HDR 4k.

Last edited by a4lloxo; 09-14-2016 at 03:12 AM.
post #17619 of 17624 Old 09-14-2016, 08:50 AM

Liked: 11
My 6010 panel did exactly that after a power outage (no surge). I did exactly what you've done, then finally just unplugged for an entire week. When I plugged it back in after that, it came right up and has been working ever since. It's now on a UPS but if we have another extended outage sometime...
a4lloxo likes this.
post #17620 of 17624 Old 09-14-2016, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Did you try a factory reset? If not I would try that, just make sure to write down all of your settings beforehand.
a4lloxo likes this.

post #17621 of 17624 Old 09-14-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepheid View Post
My 6010 panel did exactly that after a power outage (no surge). I did exactly what you've done, then finally just unplugged for an entire week. When I plugged it back in after that, it came right up and has been working ever since. It's now on a UPS but if we have another extended outage sometime...
Thanks that's good to know,will try that now as its been about 6 days
post #17622 of 17624 Old 09-14-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post
Did you try a factory reset? If not I would try that, just make sure to write down all of your settings beforehand.
Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding you but the panel wont switch on at all,doesnt it need to be powered for a factory reset?
post #17623 of 17624 Old 09-15-2016, 03:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Yeah I guess you are right, you need to be able to navigate the service menu I believe in order to do the reset. Wow, you are in a real bind then.

post #17624 of 17624 Old 09-15-2016, 05:22 AM

well I plugged it in again and its still blinking
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page