Forum Jump: 

post #6001 of 12876 Old 01-17-2008, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerY View Post

So i downloaded the Break In DVD stuff from the link on the front page, but I dont get it. I tried putting the iso file on a dvd and it just screwed up the dvd. There are no instructions on the site, help please.

An ISO file is an image of everything on the disk. If you do not have Nero or something that can burn an image file just download one of the net. A good one I have used is ImgBurn http://www.imgburn.com

Once done you just put the disk in your DVD player and voila...

~Life is short...that is why I spent two grand on a kick butt TV!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6002 of 12876 Old 01-17-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dssturbo1 View Post

you can sometimes find 10-12% off bb coupons online (google) or they mail them to you if you are a BB reward zone member. they usually clearly say discount markdowns are taken off regular price but it varies with every different bb you go in and employee who rings the sale up as many times the bb employees will take the coupon discount off the already reduced sale price.

Ahh, now I understand. Thanks for clearing that up. Just bought my 5080 and it looks like the sale would have saved me about $50 and then given me 90 day price matching. Guess that was a better deal. I bought mine off the net from one of Pioneers Online Distributors.

~Life is short...that is why I spent two grand on a kick butt TV!!
post #6003 of 12876 Old 01-17-2008, 08:10 PM
umr
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by PARASITE View Post
Jeff can you post my calibration data please? Especially the CIE charts for color space 2. I want to show were my blue color is, as well as all my other colors. The CIE chart that was just posted for CS2 is not even close to mine.
Here you go.

Final Colors.pdf 5.8984375k . file

Initial Colors.pdf 5.904296875k . file

Summary Results.pdf 146.365234375k . file
post #6004 of 12876 Old 01-17-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf57 View Post

There is also a setting that will turn the unit off if there is no "operation" performed within a set time period.

Beowulf57, you're correct about the other setting (No Operation off), and I do have that one enabled as well; however, it's not supposed to do anything unless there has been no activity for 3 hours. As I mentioned, the display had only been on for about an hour. Needless to say, I'm still puzzled.
post #6005 of 12876 Old 01-17-2008, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by getthere View Post

The BB Rewards coupons cannot be used on sale priced items.

Wrong - I just used it to buy Star Wars Eps I and II, which were already on sale. With some items (Magnolia) the coupons never work on a sale price but with other items they will. Someone posted earlier today about a 5080 on sale where he used a coupon.

Go Duke !
post #6006 of 12876 Old 01-17-2008, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackman View Post

Wrong - I just used it to buy Star Wars Eps I and II, which were already on sale. With some items (Magnolia) the coupons never work on a sale price but with other items they will. Someone posted earlier today about a 5080 on sale where he used a coupon.

Do you guys know if the coupon can be applied to a purchase that was already made? I know BB does some kind of price matching with other stores and what not within 30 days or something, I'm assuming this would fall under the same category.
post #6007 of 12876 Old 01-17-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbr1ryder View Post

D-Nice (or if anyone else cares to comment),

I have the PDP-5010 and am currently running the break-in dvd using D-Nice's settings and will use D-Nice's settings for interim watching and when I'm finished breaking it in.

I have literally been searching on this thread ALL day (I need a life i know and looking for ps3/xbox 360 (component) and comcast most recent motorola HDMI box (in the Bay Area) settings.

I've been noticing settings for the 5080 all over the place, but not too much on the 5010 aside from D-Nice's postings on the first page of the thread. I would really prefer to use 5010 settings specifically even if 5080 settings work for the 5010.

I will seriously pay someone to to repost settings for the 5010 using ps3/xbox 360 component AND Comcast HDMI box ( don't know the model number).

I apologize ahead of time. I've even done searches on specific members looking for links at the bottom of their signatures...going a little batty. Thank you if you can help!

G

I think D-Nice would now tell you that his reference settings apply to all sources. I've been using his 5010 reference settings for both my Comcast HD cable DVR (Motorola DCH3416) and my BD player (Pioneer BDP-95FD) with great results.

Russell
post #6008 of 12876 Old 01-17-2008, 10:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlee View Post

Some folks (myself included) have had success in fixing stuck/dead pixels by playing animated features such as The Incredibles.

Would an animated feature in HD on D* serve the same purpose with as good results?
Just tonight two pixels went black on my new 5080, but I do not own any animated movies, SD or HD.

Edit: One of the two is going in and out during the pixar intro before Ratatouille, so I'm hoping this works.
post #6009 of 12876 Old 01-17-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-A-G-L-E-S View Post

Would an animated feature in HD on D* serve the same purpose with as good results?
Just tonight two pixels went black on my new 5080, but I do not own any animated movies, SD or HD.

Edit: One of the two is going in and out during the pixar intro before Ratatouille, so I'm hoping this works.

Probably worth a try, but the advantage of having it on DVD is being able to set it to loop for several hours. Maybe you can rent/borrow The Incredibles; that particular title did the trick for me!

Also, check out this thread for a utility you can play on your TV from a computer; also seems to work:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=966195
post #6010 of 12876 Old 01-17-2008, 11:16 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't have cable long enough to hook my 5080 up to my pc.
I can rent the Incredibles but only on SD-DVD, is that o.k.?
post #6011 of 12876 Old 01-17-2008, 11:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat Phoenix View Post

The 5080 I have when running the break in DVD it looks like the screen is drity (that is the best way i can describe it) Really can only see this on the break in dvd. I have a known problem of returing sets to get a perfect one. Ive been doing this since 82. Can someone please just tell me to keep it and stop being so anal.

I'm in the same boat, but for *SOME* reason, it's been a whole lot better for
me recently. Perhaps I'm getting used to it, or I just don't notice it anymore.

But... get over it man. I've learned that finding a TV is almost like finding a
life-mate: you can look for perfection, but you'll eventually learn to that
no-one {or nothing} is perfect and find love despite a few {minor} flaws.
post #6012 of 12876 Old 01-17-2008, 11:34 PM

ok, so i got the dvd to burn using the video_ts files. So all it is is a blank white dvd? Dont get how that breaks in a tv.
post #6013 of 12876 Old 01-18-2008, 12:10 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:

ok, so i got the dvd to burn using the video_ts files. So all it is is a blank white dvd? Dont get how that breaks in a tv.

If you have the right files, they will cycle slowly through shades of red, green, and blue starting each time at white.
post #6014 of 12876 Old 01-18-2008, 12:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nambit View Post

I'm in the same boat, but for *SOME* reason, it's been a whole lot better for
me recently. Perhaps I'm getting used to it, or I just don't notice it anymore.

But... get over it man. I've learned that finding a TV is almost like finding a
life-mate: you can look for perfection, but you'll eventually learn to that
no-one {or nothing} is perfect and find love despite a few {minor} flaws.

I wonder if the set's firmware "waits" for X amount of hours before it goes away, like some sort of pixel / orbiter function that we see as noise on solid backgrounds?

I'm at 97hrs and it's better than it was out of the box, but not gone, some others report it's gone near 150hrs... guess we'll see
post #6015 of 12876 Old 01-18-2008, 01:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

yes, as ht mentions a proper breakin dvd will cycle through various shades of colors. the one i have changes colors every 26 seconds and goes for 44 minutes. I just set it on repeat and let it go for 200+ hours straight.

the solid full screen colors changing often along with the higher breakin settings from D-Nice gets all the phosphors to evenly age and at a faster rate so it is well broken in at 200 hours.

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
post #6016 of 12876 Old 01-18-2008, 02:50 AM
Advanced Member

can anyone post their ISF calibration correction on 5080 for too much red tinge in low color temp mode so I can try it in my service menu?

I have to run mine in color temp medium because both low and med are off, but to my eyes med is at least closer... i'm aware of using PC mode to help, but i'd like to stay in video mode
post #6017 of 12876 Old 01-18-2008, 04:35 AM
jfz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

Here ya go:

AV Selection: Pure
Contrast: 40
Brightness: 0
Color: -2
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0

Film Mode: Off
Text Optimization: Off
Intelligence: Off

DRE Picture: Mid
Black Level: Off
ACL: Off
Enhancer Mode: 2
Gamma: 2

Color Temp: Manual
R High -3
G High 0
B High +2
R Low -3
G Low 0
B Low +1

CTI: Off

Color Management
R +5
Y +3
G -4
C +4
B 0
M 0

Color Space: 1

Noise Reduction:

3DNR: Off
Field NR: Off
Block NR: Off
Mosquito NR: Off

Thanks Ken. Much appreciated.
post #6018 of 12876 Old 01-18-2008, 04:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfrenzy View Post

can anyone post their ISF calibration correction on 5080 for too much red tinge in low color temp mode so I can try it in my service menu?

I have to run mine in color temp medium because both low and med are off, but to my eyes med is at least closer... i'm aware of using PC mode to help, but i'd like to stay in video mode

I think posting ISF settings are instant bans here man.
post #6019 of 12876 Old 01-18-2008, 04:47 AM
AVS Club Gold

I had the great pleasure of a visit yesterday from Jeff Meier (UMR) who did a calibration of my Pioneer 150FD plasma and also a calibration of my Sony VW100 (Ruby) projector and audio system.

As nice as I thought the D-Nice reference settings made my plasma look, Jeff took that to a whole new level and also very nicely explained what he was doing so that I was able to learn a lot. While I have seen ISF calibrations done in the past and sort of knew what to expect, Jeff is much more thorough than I have ever seen in the past and I learned that it is not only a matter of having the proper equipment (and knowing how to use it), but there is also a good bit of judgment involved in just knowing what the picture should look like, particularly on darker scenes where the equipment cannot do as good a job.

Although not specifically relevant to this topic, the job he did on the audio system was also amazing. There really was a lot more to that than I was aware of and Jeff found many issues with my setup that he was able to correct (including 1 speaker that was miswired from the factory) and many other settings that I had incorrect. Also not relevant to this forum topic, the job he did on my Sony front projector was amazing.

Jeff - glad you made it to Baltimore safely (it was snowing the whole time Jeff was at my house yesterday and he had to drive another 90 minutes or so after he left my house around 8:30 pm).

SCott

Scott Shearer
post #6020 of 12876 Old 01-18-2008, 05:25 AM
umr
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshearer View Post

...Jeff - glad you made it to Baltimore safely (it was snowing the whole time Jeff was at my house yesterday and he had to drive another 90 minutes or so after he left my house around 8:30 pm).

SCott

Thanks Scott. It was a pleasure working with you. It is always fun to work on great equipment.
post #6021 of 12876 Old 01-18-2008, 05:26 AM
umr
AVS Club Gold

The whole idea of copying settings does not work. People would be much better off if they adjusted their display properly using good technique and tools instead of posting this endless steam of settings. Every unit that I work on requires a different set of settings to deliver the proper image. Many sources also require correction making the process much larger than the display alone.
post #6022 of 12876 Old 01-18-2008, 05:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo_692 View Post

... Under the Power Control menu, I have "No Signal off" enabled. The display had been on for about an hour. I'm watching a program when I notice the warning message which counts down the last 5 minutes to standby, begin to appear every minute in the lower left corner of the display. Rather than let it go all the way to standby, I switched channels and no more message. Not sure what triggered the "No Signal" sensor since I was watching a program.

Anyone else ever experienced this? Perhaps just an electrical gremlin, but seems kind of odd since there was obviously a signal.

There are two different options that will serve to turn your TV off.

One is the one that you mentioned, No Signal Off will turn the set off after fifteen minutes of no signal from an A/V source.

The second optional shutdown is No Operation Off which serves to turn your TV off after three hours of no operations from an A/V source. performed on the TV.
post #6023 of 12876 Old 01-18-2008, 05:50 AM
jfz

Quote:
Originally Posted by umr View Post

The whole idea of copying settings does not work. People would be much better off if they adjusted their display properly using good technique and tools instead of posting this endless steam of settings. Every unit that I work on requires a different set of settings to deliver the proper image. Many sources also require correction making the process much larger than the display alone.

I don't doubt what you say. Some of us cannot afford a calibration, however; nor do I have any technique or tools. I, for one, take any settings people provide with a grain of salt. I then adjust from there. So, while I think I understand that it "doesn't work" in getting a perfectly calibrated picture, it does work for me; as it helps me to continually work at getting a better picture. I admit that I'm shooting in the dark at times - and sometimes I feel like I'm chasing my tail - but I keep track of all the setting combinations I try; and I believe I am slowly improving my picture. If, and when, I have the funds, I do intend to get a professional calibration. In the meantime, I don't know what else to do.
post #6024 of 12876 Old 01-18-2008, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by getthere View Post

The BB Rewards coupons cannot be used on sale priced items.

Frequently they in fact are used on Sale Price items. YMMV.
post #6025 of 12876 Old 01-18-2008, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfrenzy View Post

how do you check the panel hours?

Do a search on panel hours. I keep the steps at home, I don't have them memorized to be able to do them here at work. Its been posted dozens of times.

post #6026 of 12876 Old 01-18-2008, 06:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nambit View Post

I think posting ISF settings are instant bans here man.

why, it's probably a fairly common result to fix this color temp issue and the same setting would work perfectly for most :/
post #6027 of 12876 Old 01-18-2008, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfz View Post

I don't doubt what you say. Some of us cannot afford a calibration, however; nor do I have any technique or tools. I, for one, take any settings people provide with a grain of salt. I then adjust from there. So, while I think I understand that it "doesn't work" in getting a perfectly calibrated picture, it does work for me; as it helps me to continually work at getting a better picture. I admit that I'm shooting in the dark at times - and sometimes I feel like I'm chasing my tail - but I keep track of all the setting combinations I try; and I believe I am slowly improving my picture. If, and when, I have the funds, I do intend to get a professional calibration. In the meantime, I don't know what else to do.

About how much does it cost to get an ISF calibration done?
post #6028 of 12876 Old 01-18-2008, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo_692 View Post

Beowulf57, you're correct about the other setting (No Operation off), and I do have that one enabled as well; however, it's not supposed to do anything unless there has been no activity for 3 hours. As I mentioned, the display had only been on for about an hour. Needless to say, I'm still puzzled.

Hmm...I'm not sure how that timer works (internal clock?). Perhaps the setting is off. You could check it a few times and see if the shut off is at a specific time reliably. Or, turn off the timer and then set it back on and see if it resets to three hours.
post #6029 of 12876 Old 01-18-2008, 06:43 AM

I rec my new 5080 tomorrow and believe in the necessity of "burn in" according to Mr D-Nice et al.....btw TYVM.....Can u plz help me out and tell me how/what to download...this is what D-Nice proposes to aid in the burn in process -

Parent Directory 12-Aug-2007 14:20 -
EA-ColorHelper.zip 21-Apr-2006 12:09 1.4M
EA-WindowTypeConvert..> 21-Apr-2006 12:09 1.3M
_Breakin_DVD_R_ISO.zip 02-May-2006 21:21 12.3M
_Breakin_DVD_R_NRG.zip 02-May-2006 21:54 12.3M
_Breakin_DVD_R_VIDEO..> 02-May-2006 22:28 12.1M
_EA-BreakinDVD.zip 21-Apr-2006 12:09 2.0M
_cover_art/ 17-Jan-2008 07:11 -
thm/ 04-Jan-2007 13:46 -

Which file(s) are needed to accomplish this.....

TYVM
post #6030 of 12876 Old 01-18-2008, 06:44 AM
umr
AVS Club Gold

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Pdp 6010fd 60 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Pro110 Pro 110fd Pro 110fd Tv Pro110 Kuro 50 Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page