The Official Pioneer 8G Kuro Settings/Issues Thread - Page 431 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #12901 of 12929 Old 05-07-2015, 12:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post
Word. Bought my 5010-FD in spring 2008, and has been running amazingly ever since. Still bests most pictures I see.

Interested in how PQ has evolved since 2008 but not much is causing me to research it since mine still looks so good. Plus plasmas are dead, so they CRT-like screens are extinct. Except for mine
Scott, I couldn't agree with you any more!!! I bought my Pro-1150HD in 2008 too and the PQ is frickin amazing!!! So many people comment on "what kind HDTV is that?!, the picture is amazing!"
When I knew Plasma was dead, I doubled down and bought a
Pro-150HD - 60" - 1080p set, plus a Panasonic ZT60 60". My 1150 is 34,000 plus hours and going strong. Still amazed how Pioneer packed so many feature rich functions into their Plasmas. Someday a 4k OLED will be in my Home Theater, but not anytime soon. Just no need at this point. Best of luck & continued success with your Elite.
Herman8or~
quarlo, rcapprotti and Bruce2019 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12902 of 12929 Old 06-22-2015, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Contemplating buying an 8g?

For those familiar with the 8g service menu...

Say someone wanted to buy one second hand, I've heard rumours people can re-set the hours done on the panel to give the illusion its Been " lightly used" " in spare room " etc etc

I know how to get into the service menu but is there a way to tell if someone has re- set the hours? ( without control cal)
post #12903 of 12929 Old 06-22-2015, 08:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman8or View Post
. My 1150 is 34,000 plus hours and going strong.
How can I find out how many hours on my Pioneer? It wouldn't be too bad but people have a habit of leaving it on and walking away.

I feel infinite

Last edited by Mamasboy; 07-28-2015 at 03:34 PM. Reason: two -- too
post #12904 of 12929 Old 09-28-2015, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
PDP-5080HD - text on menus is sliced into 3

Just noticed this happening on my 5080 a week or so ago when I went to set the sleep timer. I normally don't access the menus of the TV, so I can't say how long it's been doing this, but I also noticed that the numbers on the volume up/down are affected too.

Symptom: In the on-screen menus, text is misplaced and sliced into 3 repeating images on the screen. Graphics on the menus are un-affected. This makes it nearly impossible to do any kind of TV setup maintenance, as you can't really see what text you have highlighted.

I'll get some pics up later tonight.

I apologize if this problem has already been reported and diagnosed, I'll admit I didn't take the time to read a 400+ page thread
post #12905 of 12929 Old 09-30-2015, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownguy View Post
Just noticed this happening on my 5080 a week or so ago when I went to set the sleep timer. I normally don't access the menus of the TV, so I can't say how long it's been doing this, but I also noticed that the numbers on the volume up/down are affected too.

Symptom: In the on-screen menus, text is misplaced and sliced into 3 repeating images on the screen. Graphics on the menus are un-affected. This makes it nearly impossible to do any kind of TV setup maintenance, as you can't really see what text you have highlighted.

I'll get some pics up later tonight.

I apologize if this problem has already been reported and diagnosed, I'll admit I didn't take the time to read a 400+ page thread

Fixed it. Cycled the power on the unit, and all is well.
rongallant likes this.
post #12906 of 12929 Old 01-31-2016, 04:43 PM

Hoping to get some advice, I have a 5080Hd that I bought new back in the day. My house was hit by lightening about four years ago and fried the HDMI inputs 4&5 and the component input. I was able to continue using the tv using HDMI inputs 6&7 until my insurance replaced the unit at which time the 5080 went into storage.

I recently added a tv room and was going to use the Pioneer. All was fine for a couple of weeks when all of a sudden after about 30 minutes of using the display, the display would just go to a black screen, no picture, no audio, no blinking blue light. I disconnected the power and let sit for 10 minutes and everything would come back to life for about 10-15 minutes before the screen goes black again.

I was thinking of replacing the main board. I'm not hearing the cooling fan and I believe that fan is controlled from the main board.

Any advice or suggestions?

Thank you

I'll kill a man in a fair fight. Or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight. Or if he bothers me. Or if there's a woman. Or if I'm gettin' paid. Mostly when I'm gettin' paid - Jayne
post #12907 of 12929 Old 02-01-2016, 01:16 PM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 899 Post(s)
Liked: 1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot_HD View Post
Hoping to get some advice, I have a 5080Hd that I bought new back in the day. My house was hit by lightening about four years ago and fried the HDMI inputs 4&5 and the component input. I was able to continue using the tv using HDMI inputs 6&7 until my insurance replaced the unit at which time the 5080 went into storage.

I recently added a tv room and was going to use the Pioneer. All was fine for a couple of weeks when all of a sudden after about 30 minutes of using the display, the display would just go to a black screen, no picture, no audio, no blinking blue light. I disconnected the power and let sit for 10 minutes and everything would come back to life for about 10-15 minutes before the screen goes black again.

I was thinking of replacing the main board. I'm not hearing the cooling fan and I believe that fan is controlled from the main board.

Any advice or suggestions?

Thank you
If you are adapt at changing computer components then you can do that yourself depending on the cost of parts. We had our 6010's main board changed and as I recall the board was around eight hundred dollars. As for your diagnosis, I have no idea. It does sound like the unit could be shutting down because of heat. I'm not sure that there would be no blue lights in that case.

Good luck.
post #12908 of 12929 Old 02-05-2016, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
My very lightly used 5010FD is failing. It was perfect until last night when it wouldn't turn on via the remote. I tried the cycling the physical switch on the back, but that didn't work. I unplugged the set and plugged it back in, and the result was a normal TV for hours.

I turned it off for a while again, and the symptoms returned. This time the hard power cycle first resulted in a blue blinking light. Second try it gave the message about the plasma booting up, but froze there. Third attempt again gave me a working TV for hours.

Today it's dead again, and now the physical power button the rear left of the display won't even toggle the red LED off. I hear a click but nothing happens.

Thoughts? This TV was used for the occasional movie or video game, so hours are extremely low. The only thing that -might- have been bad for the display is frequent use of the physical power on rear-left. We have another Pioneer TV in close proximity and this one would errantly respond to remote commands if left on.

Thanks! I'm searching the forums for answers and really want to get this display repaired.

B
post #12909 of 12929 Old 02-08-2016, 11:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 98
I would recommend anybody in Brent's position to go to this thread and check it out. It has been responsible for getting a bunch of Pioneer plasmas to work, on which hope had almost been abandoned.

Official Pioneer 5070/71 Flashing Blue Light Shut-Down Thread

b

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell
bob at imageperfection dot com
www.projectiontvtroubleshootingadvice.com
YouTube channel: mrbobbigscreen

post #12910 of 12929 Old 02-11-2016, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Thanks for the reply. I still need to review the thread. I've reached out to a number of different St. Louis based repair folk and it seems most have stopped doing in-home service. That's nuts.. How do people get these massive 70" displays fixed?

Offer to pay them to come diagnose and fetch it if possible... nope. Craziness to me..
post #12911 of 12929 Old 02-11-2016, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentsg View Post
Thanks for the reply. I still need to review the thread. I've reached out to a number of different St. Louis based repair folk and it seems most have stopped doing in-home service. That's nuts.. How do people get these massive 70" displays fixed?

Offer to pay them to come diagnose and fetch it if possible... nope. Craziness to me..
That's why I've got a 60" 6010FD and a 65" Mits DLP (well, this one was gutted) sitting in my basement. The Pio can be fixed but yours truly has to do all the work. I still haven't got around to having my board reprogrammed. That's what a 126" screen and a projector will do for your motivation!
post #12912 of 12929 Old 03-07-2016, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkasanic View Post
That's why I've got a 60" 6010FD and a 65" Mits DLP (well, this one was gutted) sitting in my basement. The Pio can be fixed but yours truly has to do all the work. I still haven't got around to having my board reprogrammed. That's what a 126" screen and a projector will do for your motivation!
I'd get that Pioneer up and running. They are still getting real good prices on eBay.

I am hoping mine lasts 3 - 4 years and then I will make the shift to an OLED 80" at a reasonable price.

I feel infinite
post #12913 of 12929 Old 03-16-2016, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Anyone know if a board swap on a 4280hd for the pro-950hd will allow the pure and isf modes?
post #12914 of 12929 Old 04-23-2016, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I had to unexpectedly do a factory reset on my PRO-150FD last night due to the 12 flashing blue light issue. In the stressful hours leading up to the reset it never occurred to me to open up ControlCal and retrieve all my ISF Day and Night settings so I could write them down and re-enter after the reboot. I found a few ControlCal charts for each input from around the time I did my calibration and after entering everything in the settings certainly seem close to what they were but I know I had a follow-up calibration done a week or so after the initial so I'm not sure what I had wrote down were from the initial calibration or the updated one.

Anyways can someone give a brief refresher of what the typical preferred Pure Cinema setting is for blu-rays to get the best performance from 1080/24. My chart indicated I had set it at 2 which is Advanced but in reading the manual I would think to get the best pure performance that 1 (Standard) or 0 (Off) might be better.

post #12915 of 12929 Old 04-23-2016, 05:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post
I had to unexpectedly do a factory reset on my PRO-150FD last night due to the 12 flashing blue light issue. In the stressful hours leading up to the reset it never occurred to me to open up ControlCal and retrieve all my ISF Day and Night settings so I could write them down and re-enter after the reboot.
I had a scare a few weeks ago. All of a sudden the screen was full of orange and brown lines. I thought it was some kind of interference in the DTV signal. I changed channels, same thing. Put in a blue-ray, same thing. I started to panic. The last thing I want is to have to replace this awesome TV now. My plan is to get an Ultra Hi-Def OLED in 3 or 4 years when prices are down and content is up and then maybe move the Pioneer to a second room or sell on eBay since the price these babies remains high.

Anyway, I rebooted it and everything was fine again. I felt I dodged a bullet. Anyone see this issue before? I am hoping it was a one off problem never to pop-up again.

I feel infinite
post #12916 of 12929 Old 05-10-2016, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked: 414
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but just recently the other day I dropped the remote to my 5080HD and now all the buttons except for the power, the inputs, the volume and mute aren't working which means I can't use any of the calibration settings any more. Does anybody have any idea where I might be able to fine a used one? I haven't had much luck looking on Ebay mostly Ive seen 9G KURO remotes
post #12917 of 12929 Old 05-12-2016, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

I was thinking of getting a Universal remote, would a current universal remote work with my 5080? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
post #12918 of 12929 Old 05-12-2016, 08:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I have been using a Harmony for years with my PR-150FD, it works great. The trick though would be for any activities where you need to hit multiple buttons at once like doing stuff with the service menu then depending on remote that might not work.

post #12919 of 12929 Old 05-12-2016, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Well about half the buttons on my remote aren't working now anyways so I doubt I will be getting into the service menu any time soon. I have never messed around with the service menu anyways, although Ive thought about trying it before
post #12920 of 12929 Old 06-15-2016, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Is green sparkles a sign of overheating or can it be fixed with service menu voltage tweaks . Thanks
post #12921 of 12929 Old 09-23-2016, 10:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'm curious, for those that still have a PRO-150 or for that matter the 151, how hot do your TV's get at the back, up top towards the edges? I was behind my tv stand tonight and my hand passed over the corner and it's down right hot, I don't think it would be fair to just call it warm or quite warm. Is this normal? I see there are a number of fans within the unit but they don't seem to be doing a good job if the purpose of them is to keep the display cool, or even just warm. I'm not even sure if they were running, I'll have to take a closer look.

post #12922 of 12929 Old 09-24-2016, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I have a PRO-150FD purchased during August 07(?) so long ago now I can't really remember. Anyway, it still performs well and does run rather warm (even hot). Aren't these PDPs equipped w/internal fan(s)? I can remember back during the day when accessing the diag. menus I never did see the fan being active. Oh well, despite the exorbitant price at the time after nearly 10 years of service I'm not worried about it.

Watch me jinx myself & my display will die tonight.
bbbobbb likes this.
post #12923 of 12929 Old 09-24-2016, 06:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

After some poking around to find out how to get into the service menu again I was able to find the fan menu. This is what it was reading when I checked:

TEMP 1 - 113.3(F)
TEMP 2 - 089.4(F) 155(A/D)
FAN 1 - STOP
FAN 2 - OFF

B-SENSOR 077(A/D)

It's odd to see Fan 2 set to off. To me that implies it will never come on whereas stop probably means just that, at the moment it's stopped but could be running at some point. Any idea which fan is which in the panel? I know there is at least 3 fans in there that I can see so are these different zones rather than individual fan units?

Anyone know what A/D means and what the B-Senor items is? I can't make heads or tails of that. I tried pressing a few buttons to see if I could change anything but no real luck. The only thing that changed was the B-Senor would fluctuate between I think 70 and maybe as high as 79.

post #12924 of 12929 Old 09-25-2016, 07:50 AM

If you can refresh my memory regarding how to access the service menu's I'll take a look at my PRO150FD so we can compare notes. One thing that changed from my end is recently (May) my mother in-law moved into my home & she is using the 1st floor MBR while I'm sleeping in a 2nd floor bedroom.

Before she moved in I swapped a 50" Panasonic (50PX50U purchased during 2005 & still working just fine also) for the Pioneer (I have a Samsung 64F8500 in the living room). The 1st floor MBR has 10' high ceilings while the 2nd floor bdr. is 8'. Also, there isn't as much distance behind the PDP to the wall as before. Not sure if this is affecting the heat dissipation in some manner.

Since the PDP is (9)+ years old perhaps a build up of dust inside the panel or old age is causing the display to operate less efficiently & generate more heat?

One other (?) is can various display settings cause the panel to generate more heat? I'm not enamored with customizing display settings anymore so generally I just use the default presets. For the past few years I have been watching the display using the optimum setting, because I prefer the color saturation it provides but did switch back to Pure mode after reading your post the other day.

I guess the bottom line is if the PDP is not shutting off or failing due to an over-heat issue it is running within spec.
post #12925 of 12929 Old 09-25-2016, 10:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

To get to the service menu do the following:

Start with the plasma turned OFF
Make sure you point the remote directly at the IR sensor in the tv
Press DISPLAY on the remote (just press, do not hold)
Wait 3 seconds
Press LEFT, UP, LEFT, RIGHT then POWER
If done correctly, the plasma turns on and the INFORMATION page is displayed
Then use the up/down arrow to page through until you see the page with the items I mentioned above.

My tv is in the same place it's been for probably 6 years if not more so no changes on that front and no changes on the modes I use, I only use my ISF Day/Night modes. It's inevitable dust is going to build up inside the display over time but I dust my equipment more or less weekly and have done that for years so at least any dust build up would be minimal given the number of years I've had the tv.

post #12926 of 12929 Old 09-25-2016, 02:40 PM

After running my panel for a couple of hours I accessed the service menu and these are the numbers I got:

TEMP 1 109.7(F)
TEMP 2 82.4(F)
FAN 1 STOP
FAN 2 OFF
B- SENSOR 90

Looks pretty much the same as your display. BTW hours of operation is 15,502 (roughly 4.7 hours per day seems reasonable).
post #12927 of 12929 Old 09-26-2016, 04:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks

I never thought to check my hours. I'll see what they are.

post #12928 of 12929 Old 09-29-2016, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Channels <700 not working with CableCard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paoli Dad View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by hipstir

I just got FIOS and I'm noticing some channels are not showing up on my 110fd using their CableCard vs their DVR STB. Has anyone else seen these issues before?

Channels I current don't receive on my kuro but do receive on their STB are the following...

570 ESPN
670 Travel HD
685 Bravo

Thanks in advance for any help!

I have this problem as well, have had it for a long time but one different channels than you (that i rarely watch). I have a DVR also hooked up to this TV so I just switch to watching those channels through the box ....hasn't bothered me enough yet to want to endure the tech support call.
Shoot, figured I'd search before asking the 'obvious' and also wish I could use those 'middle' HD channels (lower SD channels, e.g. 429 are ok) just when I try 677, 678 & 679 I get a blank screen and even seems to think it's seeing 4:3 content. Well, still holding on to this and it's been a great panel (watching prices on the 2016 LG OLEDs). Also nice to have a movable mount from Salamander that allows me to stay on the couch.

erik g
post #12929 of 12929 Old 10-28-2016, 12:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey, does anyone around Los Angeles want my 50" PRO-110FD Kuro for parts? It's FREE--you'd just have to come to Encino to get it.

It has developed a major screen glitch that distorts everything nearly beyond recognition. While I don't know the cause of the glitch, I can tell you that it started happening on rare occasion but has now become almost constant. I'm guessing it's not the HDMI board since the problem is the same with HDMI and analog inputs. Other than the glitch, it has fairly low hours and is in physically great condition. For all I know it's an easy fix, and if so this would be a wonderful free TV! Picture quality beats everything I've had, including the newer/larger Panasonic plasma I already replaced it with.

Anyone have I use for it? Send me a message if so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Pdp 6010fd 60 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Pro110 Pro 110fd Pro 110fd Tv Pro110 Kuro 50 Plasma Hdtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page