Need help on Panasonic Plasma - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-17-2007, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking to buy my first HDTV and need help deciding between the following sets:

Panasonic 58PX600U and the 50PZ700U.

I am really debating if the 1080p support is worth the extra money and worth going to a smaller size set 50" vs. 58" for the same price. Primarily using this for broadcast and movies with occasional gaming but only on PS2 thus far. May get an Xbox 360 or PS3 but will be a while.

Seating area is about 10ft so a) I'm not sure if I will notice the 1080p difference and b) I'm wondering if the 58" would look better give the size of the room.

Any advice would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-18-2007, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmccallum7 View Post

I am looking to buy my first HDTV and need help deciding between the following sets:

Panasonic 58PX600U and the 50PZ700U.

I am really debating if the 1080p support is worth the extra money and worth going to a smaller size set 50" vs. 58" for the same price. Primarily using this for broadcast and movies with occasional gaming but only on PS2 thus far. May get an Xbox 360 or PS3 but will be a while.

Seating area is about 10ft so a) I'm not sure if I will notice the 1080p difference and b) I'm wondering if the 58" would look better give the size of the room.

Any advice would be helpful.

Congrats on your decision to buy a Panny Plasma!

I have the same seating distance as you do, and I'm going with the 58" (model 750U). If you have to chose between 1080p output and screen size, I'd suggest sticking with the larger 58" screen. It may not seem like much of a difference, but you'll definitely notice one. The extra 8" means a LOT when you're sitting at 10'. Plus there's not much difference between 720p and 1080p...you'll be getting an awesome picture either way.

Good luck!

"In life, the only risk we run, is not taking one."
post #3 of 3 Old 06-18-2007, 06:30 AM

Having own the 700u and 600u. I would have to say the 700u does a better job with SD channels than the 600u. If you watch alot of SD then i would go with the 700u...
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page