Vizio P42 color problems.... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 07-26-2007, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm having color problems with my 42" Vizio plasma....Just to rule out the cables or scorce I have changed cables and the problem still appears is all modes---Cable and DVD....My local cable company is fiber optic and is absolutely spectacular!!! (Largest all fiber optic cable system in the US..)

The color problem appears as though there are color issues on the faces and other highlighted areas. At times the faces will get a red or green highlight in the shadows or on the bright areas of the face...Lips and cheeks will "glow" red or sometimes green...Or, if I go to a black and white program such as an old WW II aviation video on the History channel the clouds will get green and red splotches on them....The problem always appears as green or red splotches that seem to "reflect" off of the highlights of the main subject.........

Are the reds and greens overdriven???---Or is it a board issue??? The TV is 10 months old and this has been going on for a couple of months. I called Vizio and they are sending out a repair person in the next couple of weeks. I haven't gone into the service menu yet to adjust the RGB gain...Build date on my set is August of 2006..

Please...No comments concerning that I should have bought a different brand of set---I need real help and not criticism...

THANKS!!!! Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-26-2007, 09:17 PM

I am experiencing the same thing with my unit (p42) it is about 14 months old. I have motorola cable box and comcast cable. Cannot verify with another source but it sounds like the same as your unit. I have emailed Vizio tech suppport and will keep everyone updated as to any resolution
post #3 of 8 Old 01-01-2008, 09:25 AM

I got a response from Vizio Tech Support:
There really is not any common cause for this issue. You mentioned that you do not have another signal source. As of this point, it could be something with the TV or the set top box. (cable box) if you had a DVD player hooked to the TV, this would tell you if there is anything wrong with the TV. If the DVD looks good but your cable box does not, you may have something wrong with the cable box.

Thank you and have a great day,

Jeffery Kline

Technical Support

I have since hooked up a DVD via component hookup (cable box is on HDMI) and the same issue persists. Its definitely the Vizio and I am Pursuing the issue with Tech support
post #4 of 8 Old 03-31-2008, 07:09 PM

Hello,

Vizio has picked up the ball big time. They opened a trouble ticket and had a tech come out with a new main board and updated firmware. It took about an hour for the whole thing and my TV is now better than ever. If you have this issue it is not the display, it is the main board. the TV inside had LG stickers all over it suggesting that it was built by them. The build date of my unit was Nov 2006. the tech was very knowledgable and had obviously done this before. He said the problems were with the 50 inch unitsm mainly but had done a few 42 inch units
post #5 of 8 Old 03-31-2008, 07:11 PM

looks like Vizio is trying to improve their service
post #6 of 8 Old 02-22-2009, 05:04 PM

Well, so much for confidence in Vizio...
Almost 1 year to the date (and one hour before the Daytona 500) The picture went snowy (red green mix) and then the dreaded POP and a blank screen...sigh So i called vizio and they said call ITI international (san jose based contract repair)..they quoted $415 flat rate repair.. my dilema is that i paid $`1400 three years ago for the unit and I can can get a new 46 in Plasma From Panny for $1000 or pay the repair. I think this is just a lemon and should bail on vizio and the crap they sell...thoughts??
post #7 of 8 Old 03-03-2009, 12:03 PM

OK so I wrote Vizio President a nice letter explaining my situation with the failed P42. To my surprise I got a response back offering a refurbished 42 in LCD for $440+$175 shipping. 90 day warrantee but eligible for extended. SHould I go for this? about $400 bucks chepaer than street price for same but I could go to Costco and pick up a PAnny 46 plasma for $989.....hate to get burned again

Hello Mr. Burdulis,
I had your case handed over to my attention. We are sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your Vizio TV. We will like to offer you a special accommodation by offering you a recertified SV420XVT1A for the cost of an out or warranty repair. The cost is $440 + $175 S&H. Please let me know if you will like to accept the offer.
Please attach all prior correspondences in your reply.

Best regards,

Joe Kang
Tech Supp/Parts
post #8 of 8 Old 03-03-2009, 12:30 PM

I'd take the "burn me twice shame on me" approach. Get the Panny. Donate the Vizio to someone.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page