anyone having service problems from vizio - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 07-29-2007, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
disneydriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: orlando fl.
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i have a problem with my 60" vizio plasma. when i talk to the service dept on the phone the are not very godd. they have simple answers and seem to want to get rid of you. i sent a email to them and recieved a reply to call thiere service center. when i did i got no good answer. i tried to e mail them back on three seperate times and have recieved no answer. if this keeps up i will have no choice but to return the set to costco. the problem is not major and i think could be fixed easily but they tell you anything so as not to send a service tech
disneydriver is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 07-30-2007, 07:18 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"
 
RandyWalters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: El Segundo, Calif
Posts: 17,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydriver View Post

i have a problem with my 60" vizio plasma. when i talk to the service dept on the phone the are not very godd. they have simple answers and seem to want to get rid of you. i sent a email to them and recieved a reply to call thiere service center. when i did i got no good answer. i tried to e mail them back on three seperate times and have recieved no answer. if this keeps up i will have no choice but to return the set to costco. the problem is not major and i think could be fixed easily but they tell you anything so as not to send a service tech

Welcome to the world of 3rd-tier manufacturers. Vizio has terrible support in the USA and a poor parts and repair network. A customer could not get his Vizio LCD fixed and ultimately had to return it to Costco - then promptly bought a better brand. Read similar stories on the LCD forum . . . . .

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
RandyWalters is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 07-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Member
 
Kevin Greene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had quite the opposite from Vizio---I described the problem and we went through steps over the phone to try to fix the problem....I was given a case # and was told to call back if the problem persisted. The problem did not go away and I called back and was given a "Level 2" technician...The level 2 tech then set me up with a service tech that will get in touch with me within the next two weeks or sooner. This is fine with me as the set is watchable with some strange looking color variations from time to time....

I think it is all about how you present your problem...Be accurate, describe your problem concisely, and have all pertinent info ready when you call....Did you get a case #???---If not then your problem could have been taken as asking a question rather than insisting on help....

The service tech has not called me back yet and I may change my tune if I receive no answer in a reasonable amount of time....However, both of my phone conversations with Vizio have been very satisfactory...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline  
post #4 of 11 Old 07-30-2007, 02:00 PM
Newbie
 
RioMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't know if this will help but I'll give it a try. Something to remember about Vizio is that right now they're a very small company in terms of people working in their offices in California. I think I've seen the number of 28 somewhere.

I too called them and asked for a very simple question: What's the difference between the VX37L and the VW37L? Unfortunately I couldn't get a straight answer from the support rep. which is why I'm here on this forum (thank goodness for the AV freaks!

I guess where I'm going with this is Vizio still makes a pretty great product for the money so don't be too picky about their support staff. If that's the kind of owner you're going to be you might want to go to someplace like Sears and get their 5 year warranty. At any time during the 5 years if something goes wrong Sears fixes it no questions asked. Just something to think about.
RioMo is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 08-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Member
 
Kevin Greene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well---Vizio got back in touch w/me today....They are sending me a NEW TV!!!---The latest and greatest model to boot....So much for being a so called "3rd tier" manufacturer....I've been treated like FIRST CLASS by Vizio...

KEVIN
Kevin Greene is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 08-01-2007, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
disneydriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: orlando fl.
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thanks for youre reponse to my post. i was just curious if this was normal for vizio. i have 7 vizio tv's in my house and have had no trouble with them except for the previously mentioned problem. they finally got back to me and told me the problem may be with the cable box. while i didn't think of this at first i do remember cable boxes acting up with hdmi inputs . i will give this a try and see what happens
disneydriver is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 08-02-2007, 06:13 AM
Senior Member
 
MOtvGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here are a few simple facts when it comes to buying electronics.

When you buy low, price point consumer electronics it's almost a given that one of the reasons they can offer said product at such a low price is because the company isn't financing customer or service tech support or a decent parts supply network.

The major manufacturers do, which is part of what you're paying for when you spend more money for those sets.
MOtvGuy is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 08-02-2007, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tower101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOtvGuy View Post

Here are a few simple facts when it comes to buying electronics.

When you buy low, price point consumer electronics it's almost a given that one of the reasons they can offer said product at such a low price is because the company isn't financing customer or service tech support or a decent parts supply network.

The major manufacturers do, which is part of what you're paying for when you spend more money for those sets.

See post #5

I wish Samsung would do this as easy. Maybe having no parts supply is a good thing.
tower101 is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 08-02-2007, 07:34 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"
 
RandyWalters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: El Segundo, Calif
Posts: 17,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post

Well---Vizio got back in touch w/me today....They are sending me a NEW TV!!!---The latest and greatest model to boot....So much for being a so called "3rd tier" manufacturer....I've been treated like FIRST CLASS by Vizio...

So how does getting a replacement TV have anything to do with their lack of parts availability and subsequent inability to have a customer's TV repaired? His TV was unwatchable - the screen would randomly get all scrambled and it was in the shop for over a month while they tried to figure out what was wrong with it. Parts were on backorder with no lead time. Vizio never offered him a replacement TV. He asked for a replacement (at my urging) but they insisted he try to get it repaired so he got ultimately tired of waiting, retrieved it from the shop himself, and took it back to Costco for a full refund. Sounds like pretty inconsistent customer service to me.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
RandyWalters is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 08-02-2007, 08:05 AM
Senior Member
 
cbohlman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NoDak
Posts: 208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

So how does getting a replacement TV have anything to do with their lack of parts availability and subsequent inability to have a customer's TV repaired? His TV was unwatchable - the screen would randomly get all scrambled and it was in the shop for over a month while they tried to figure out what was wrong with it. Parts were on backorder with no lead time. Vizio never offered him a replacement TV. He asked for a replacement (at my urging) but they insisted he try to get it repaired so he got ultimately tired of waiting, retrieved it from the shop himself, and took it back to Costco for a full refund. Sounds like pretty inconsistent customer service to me.

Most of the parts that Vizio uses are LG, LG/philips, and uses the same power supply supplier as LG(for plasma). A year or so Vizio was running just in time parts to get the new sets built, that caused the parts for service issues hard to get. Some have forgot how big Vizio got in such a short time. Since i bought my first Vizio (32l) all most three years ago. They have gone from a nobody to #3-4 in Flat panel tv sales.
cbohlman is offline  
post #11 of 11 Old 08-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Senior Member
 
MOtvGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbohlman View Post

Most of the parts that Vizio uses are LG, LG/philips, and uses the same power supply supplier as LG(for plasma). A year or so Vizio was running just in time parts to get the new sets built, that caused the parts for service issues hard to get. Some have forgot how big Vizio got in such a short time. Since i bought my first Vizio (32l) all most three years ago. They have gone from a nobody to #3-4 in Flat panel tv sales.


Uh, I don't think so. The service company I work for does contract work for Walmarts and Sams Clubs across the country. When we took the Vizio line on we had massive problems with them. It had nothing to do with parts availability from suppliers or the timing of such. It had everything to do with the company completely unaware of how to provide after the sale service. That includes a technical support staff, parts supply and distribution network along with how to best supply a servicer network with pertinant information so customers LCD or Plasma problems can be expedited as quickly as possible. Vizio had no knowledge of how to structure this when they started, we, as their largest servicer in the US, had to send people out to CA and teach them what to do.

They just now are getting to a point that I'd call acceptable. They still have major issues with same models being built in different plants in different countries and issues with version in-compatibility amoungst model parts but that's an issue with many of the manufacturers, even the big boys.

BTW, While some of the guts of a Vizio come from LG don't ever think that's an LG set inside. LG makes the guts to plenty of Plasma sets out there as does Samsung. They are mostly offshore, Chinese built sets.
MOtvGuy is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off