Placing a plasma TV on a stand - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-26-2007, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey guys I have a question about placing a plasma TV on the stand it comes with. Do you place the panel bezel first on a table like the manual states and then attach the stand, or do you use a different method? Also, if you do place it bezel first on a table what do you use so that the bezel or glass does not get scratched? Any help/advice will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-26-2007, 06:46 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAMMOS View Post

Hey guys I have a question about placing a plasma TV on the stand it comes with. Do you place the panel bezel first on a table like the manual states and then attach the stand, or do you use a different method? Also, if you do place it bezel first on a table what do you use so that the bezel or glass does not get scratched? Any help/advice will be appreciated.

It depends on the brand and how the stand is attached to the TV.

If it's a Panasonic for instance, it's safer to place the stand on the table first, then you and a helper gently lower the TV onto the posts until it stops. Then you just install the retaining screws. This is how CC did it with my old Panny PX50U and how Magnolia did it with my new PZ700U.

If the stand bolts to the backside of the cabinet (like i've seen on many LCD TVs and i think the Pioneer too) then you probably have no choice but to lay the TV face down on a table to facilitate stand installation. A soft blanket or a sheet folded several times should be enough to protect the bezel, but don't let the TV drop the last inch as you pull your fingers out from under it.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #3 of 6 Old 09-26-2007, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Does anyone know which pioneer kuro come in the box already mounted on the stand?Im primarily interested in the 50 inc 720 elite.I live alone so this is a big issue.

Matt
post #4 of 6 Old 09-26-2007, 07:41 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post

Does anyone know which pioneer kuro come in the box already mounted on the stand?Im primarily interested in the 50 inc 720 elite.I live alone so this is a big issue.

After looking through my manual (5010) it appears that the 50 inch models come with the stand already mounted and the 60' will need to have the stand put on.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-26-2007, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Good new thanks

Matt
post #6 of 6 Old 09-26-2007, 10:40 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post

I'm not sure which "50 inc 720 elite" your referring to, but I have both the Elite 50" (110FD) and the Elite 60" (150FD). The 50" comes with the stand already attached. The 60" does not.

-Allen
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page