Official Pioneer Kuro Pictures Thread....... - Page 269 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #8041 of 8050 Unread Today, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by all clear View Post
this demo is extreme like some internal masks
few movies has these slowmotion moving objects in plain darkness.
i have checked the youtube version and i know there is black rain in some places already.
but not to the level that you seems to have thats for sure.

so once again there are differences between the sets here

i tried to download it a few days ago but it only said starting.
no downloading
i will check again
The youtube version doesn't have the scenes in question, but you are right, these are special circumstances.

Let's unite like a big happy Kuro family and rid ourselves of the pest that has invaded the Kuro picture thread with Panasonic nonsense.
dsskid and saprano like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8042 of 8050 Unread Today, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 56
this is from the 1080p youtube version as i didnt have enough space? to download the ISO of the demo.
pictures taken when the demo was playing no paused scenes.

i checked the demo 2 times up close
the only scenes were it was some black rain was at the first minute nothing at the rest of the demo and no i didnt spot it were this girl in red lifts her arms into black space.
so here are the scenes i spotted it and you will also see the amount of black rain.

first some black rain just as the ring passes through fast

zoomed in

also some at the engines

zoomed in

nothing here

i must try to get the ISO
i have selected downloads in chrome to another hard drive were i have free space but still it wants to save the file to the small SSD i have C:\ at
so are there more scenes in that iso to check?

just to bad that i havnt got the old 5090 here to compare but these scenes wouldnt be pretty.
with the same blacklevel.

Last edited by all clear; Today at 08:22 PM.
post #8043 of 8050 Unread Today, 08:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 337
By the way, makaveddie, i changed rstp to 1 out of curiosity. There wasn't a huge change in black level that i noticed. It got maby a tiny bit darker if i had to guess. Not enough to care so i changed it back.

Full black screen was cleaner though if that makes sense. Not that there was a problem before. But the black just seemed richer? I don't know. I didn't feel like playing around with the other voltages too much yet so i didn't touch S1, or 3 or 4.

home theater addict

Last edited by saprano; Today at 08:32 PM.
post #8044 of 8050 Unread Today, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveddie81 View Post
P.S. You're gonna wish you never came in here and riled up all_clear, one of the most rabid and unrealistic Kuro owners. Have fun!
lol
i have gived up on that
you cant convice people (even Kuro owners) that haven't seen a modified KRP on how good they are.
it doesnt matter what you say
i was putting up some specs on another OLED forum that the Kuros has higher motion resolution than the 4K OLEDs but still they dont believe it.
even side by side comparisions isnt good enough.
no you are still biased and can not be taken seriously..

so no point wasting energy and arguing on that on a forum.

a few people knows how good a KRP "can" be while modified with lower blacklevels. (and in same cases higher ABL)
thats enough here

Last edited by all clear; Today at 09:06 PM.
post #8045 of 8050 Unread Today, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post
i didn't touch S1, or 3 or 4.
set VOL YKNOFSA D from 128 to 90 as a test
check "pattern mask 23" for misfires at the low right corner.
you can use that mask as a guide to how low you can set VOL YKNOFSA D
misfires and you have set it to low.

check your blacks when you are done

Edit: just lowering RSTP will not lower the blacks much as you just noticed.

Last edited by all clear; Today at 09:02 PM.
post #8046 of 8050 Unread Today, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
this is from the 1080p youtube version as i didnt have enough space? to download the ISO of the demo.
pictures taken when the demo was playing no paused scenes.

i checked the demo 2 times up close
the only scenes were it was some black rain was at the first minute nothing at the rest of the demo and no i didnt spot it were this girl in red lifts her arms into black space.
so here are the scenes i spotted it and you will also see the amount of black rain.

first some black rain just as the ring passes through fast

zoomed in

also some at the engines

zoomed in

nothing here

i must try to get the ISO
i have selected downloads in chrome to another hard drive were i have free space but still it wants to save the file to the small SSD i have C:\ at
so are there more scenes in that iso to check?

just to bad that i havnt got the old 5090 here to compare but these scenes wouldnt be pretty.
with the same blacklevel.
There is no black rain on the scene with the girl raising her arms, my mistake. Here are the scenes that showed black rain when my 500m was in "0 blacks" mode:

Project Kuro chapter at the :27 mark on the bottom of the ring as its close to the screen. I don't get black rain on the top of the ring as you do, so the bottom of the ring should look worse than mine.

Water Magic chapter at the 2:03 mark on the bottom of the hand as it moves away to uncover the betta fish.

Water Magic chapter at the 2:22 mark on the top of the lower leg during the kick motion.
post #8047 of 8050 Unread Today, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloverleaf View Post
Shame you didn't manage to meet your own commitment then. I fear there is only one person with any insecurities, and he's currently sitting in a dark room fiddling with his obsolete Kuro. Waiting for his mother to cook dinner.
Good grief. This is what happens when you seriously don't know anything about technology and TVs. Your comments and so called facts are seriously laughable. The Kuro is not obsolete in any shape or form. If anything it still is sitting on top for, count them 8 years! Ever wonder why they try to call tvs from last year Kuro killers? Matter of fact every year the headline was "can this be the Kuro killer?" Because no one has done that just yet.

Read your reviews that you are so amazed with. Continue to make up silly facts. Tell any of these guys they have bad dithering and they will completely laugh at you. Kuros do not have any where near the dithering the ZT has. On mid or high ZT dithers quite bad. I know I've onwed two and countless kuros. I can tell you haven't owned a Kuro because you're making up so many false facts. To try to prove something that is false. Go enjoy your ZT. Nobody here cares about the ZT. The ZT reminds me of your entire audio gear. Almost there but just not quite.
post #8048 of 8050 Unread Today, 09:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
lol
i have gived up on that
you cant convice people that haven't seen a modified KRP on how good they are.
it doesnt matter what you say
i was putting up some specs on another OLED forum that the Kuros has higher motion resolution than the 4K OLEDs but still they dont believe it.
even side by side comparisions isnt good enough.
no you are still biased and can not be taken seriously..

so no point wasting energy and arguing on that on a forum.

a few people knows how good a KRP "can" be while modified with lower blacklevels.
thats enough here
Dont get me wrong, "0 blacks" on my 500m look awesome, but I just can't get over the other aspects that are affected negatively by forcing the set to exceed its specs. The 0 blacks are hard to give up, but I personally prefer an artifact and IR free picture with great black level than one with 0 blacks an artifacts.

If you are ever able to download the ISO, watch the clips and see how tolerable the black rain is.

I saw the same negative effects on my 101fd that had only 1000 hours of use prior to reset.
post #8049 of 8050 Unread Today, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post
By the way, makaveddie, i changed rstp to 1 out of curiosity. There wasn't a huge change in black level that i noticed. It got maby a tiny bit darker if i had to guess. Not enough to care so i changed it back.

Full black screen was cleaner though if that makes sense. Not that there was a problem before. But the black just seemed richer? I don't know. I didn't feel like playing around with the other voltages too much yet so i didn't touch S1, or 3 or 4.
Did you reset your panel or are you simply tweaking?

The impact of rstp depends on its value before you adjust it. Obviously if its set at a higher value, you will see a more dramatic effect when you change it to 1.

You may want to set it higher than its current value and then change it to 1 to see the effect.

The best way to see the change is to put up a black field and send the vrp001 command without entering the service menu.

What I see is rstp acts like a back light, with the light reducing as you lower it. S1/3/4 make the black look inkier as you lower it/them.
post #8050 of 8050 Unread Today, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
set VOL YKNOFSA D from 128 to 90 as a test
check "pattern mask 23" for misfires at the low right corner.
you can use that mask as a guide to how low you can set VOL YKNOFSA D
misfires and you have set it to low.

check your blacks when you are done

Edit: just lowering RSTP will not lower the blacks much as you just noticed.
Misfires on patterns are irrelevant on the 9.5 gens. As a test, set your volts so you get misfires on any pattern. Now as the pattern is up, issue the "fay" command to exit torch mode and the artifacts will go away. The artifacts are a worst case scenario and them not being there when the patterns are seen thru your normal picture mode tells you you will not see these misfires on regular content using your normal picture modes.

Now, if you do the same on a 60 inch Kuro, which is much more sensitive than a 9.5 gen, the artifacts will still be there even after you issue "fay" to exit torch mode. Sure enough you will see artifacts on content if you see artifacts on the patterns after exiting torh mode.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Pro110 Pro 110fd Pro 110fd Tv Pro110 Kuro 50 Plasma Hdtv , Playstation 3 320gb System
Gear in this thread - Pro110 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page