Mourning the disappearance of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
Really? Is noone noticing the lost detail in the black levels? I currently own a 5080HD and am having thoughts about returning it for an 1140HD for this very reason. This shows exactly what i'm having issues with. For Example, in the profile pics of harry potter on the swing, on the CRT you can see the part of his glasses that goes behind his ear clearly all the way until it disappears around the ear. On the 5080, it gets lost well before that. On the front view of the same scene, you can see all of his bottom teeth on the CRT, and you can barely see one on the top image. Keep looking between CRT and 5080 and it is clear the CRT has FAR better black detail.... or is this assumed and everyone is just letting it go?
Mathesar, i'm sorry if i seem like i'm bashing your/our TV, but I need to get to the bottom of this soon since I only have 10 days to return this to BB...heh. Do you have issues with Black Levels? I havent had the luxury of hooking up a Blu-ray on my TV, but my gut tells me it will be more of the same. I'm more concerned w/ HD Broadcast, gaming and DVD which consists of most of my viewing...
Sorry to jump in on this thread, i know it's for pictures only but this is the only place I can really show off what im talking about...i'm not crazy! If the mod wants to move it, please do, just include all of the pics that Mathesar posted...
Sounds like you are unhappy with your 5080. I don't see what you describe on my pc monitor looking at the photos, but as it's been pointed out we are not looking at the actual display. If your eyes tell you your 5080 is not giving you the detail you think is there and tweaking settings have not helped you, maybe you should return your 5080. 10 days and counting...
On 'P' or 'M' mode, there are a whole slew of options, most of which I have no idea about. Some include the aperature, the shutter speed, the white balance, and other various options that are beyond even description.
Any apearture or shutter speed values? If it makes a difference, I have a Sony DSC-P150.
1. The box is on a shipping palette atop a four-wheeled furniture mover for now, making it appear about 6" taller than it is.
2. I didn't start this, but it was a 1-2-3 effort that might have to fade out until Pioneer releases the 70" version of the Elite model. It was all meant in fun, from here.
my relatives were over at my house and thought it was a commercial for genetic research... I was after i hear the kuro getting bashed (unintentionally) like that.
What is dead can never die. Long live my 151!
First, thanks a ton for the Sony vs. Pio shots, or should it be better put, Pio vs. Sony shots.
Here's what I see as the "primary" differences:
1) Kuro seems to fill more of the screen while the Sony seems to zoom or enlarge the scene. Dunno how to explain it, but look at both scenes, the size of Harry Potter's face, for example, or even the Lady's face and background information, etc...Sony doesn't seem to fill the screen properly.
2) Kuro has better shadow detail in the first shot. I think some of the other shots could be a back/forth discussion, but it is obvious the Kuro has more background shadow information...due to the full screen display vs. the Sony zoomed effect???...
3) Sony is much sharper, but it is also with different coloration. Perhaps increasing the Kuro's sharpness levels or light levels would show similar sharpness, but in these photos, the Sony is "much sharper" than the Kuro. Many will argue with this one, but that's fine. Just take the first photo and look at the girl's hair, face, and most importantly, at the out of focus characters such as the girl on the right and others sitting down. Again, adjustments could yield "as sharp" a pic from the Kuro OR an even sharper one...
4) Colors look much richer on the Kuro. This is where subjectivity comes into play. IMHO, add some of that projector grain to the film look and I think the Sony's color best matches that color.
For me, I would be plenty happy with the Sony vs. other plasmas on the market. I've seen them all and the Kuro is so far superior. Seeing that the Sony rivals it and IMHO, is even comparable to it, tells me the second step down in the Plasma world would be a SFP CRT from Sony. However, I think that color could be changed on the Kuro, that the sharpness would become more apparent at further away camera shots since you are showing a WAY smaller screen by comparison in these shots that isn't very fair to the Kuro which should look equally sharp at a distance...it's like looking at a photo that is good, but not as good as the one next to it...however, the further you go back, the more both photos have the tendency to look similar, though the sharper one will always have the apparency of sharper/pop to it.
It's a shame there's so many processing issues with other plasmas and one has to buy a Kuro just to be satisfied over a CRT IMHO. After seeing these pics, I'm convinced the Sony SFP sets will produce a superior picture to any other consumer level set from Samsung/Panasonic/etc. but not to the Kuro or a tweakable Panasonic Commercial set.
Any thoughts on my thoughts?
I think the next step is an adjustment of one or the other sets so they match identically...and to maximize the sharpness as much as you can on both sets without degrading the image quality.
I was gonna say...looks like a nice fresh and clean room...would be nice if location was in Hawaii and Hawaii had 65-75 degree days with 55 degree nights year around instead of 80 constant...
Got my :360: , PS3, HD PVR box connected with HDMI. Gotta love the 4 HDMI input on a TV. :run:
My setup, it's not even close to what i have seen here, but im pretty happy right now.
Very nice, clean setup, hiding wires and cables does wonders. What is the strip called that you used to hide the cables?
Sony PS3 Fat Boy
Marantz NR1504 AVR
Velodyne CHT Speakers
The TV is amazing.
Watching HD on this set is like a totally new experience. I taught the picture was pretty good on my old set (Sony RP 3LCD), but i was wrong. The PQ is like "real", like you're there. Unbelievable.
Planet Earth / HD DVD
Display: Pioneer PRO-151 60" Elite
Blu-ray player: OPPO BDP-93, Sony BDP-S1000ES
HD DVD player: Toshiba HD-XA2(2)
Processor: Onkyo PR-SC885
Amplifier: Emotiva IPS-1 150Wx7
Game Console: Xbox 360, PS3
Speakers: Mythos ST(Fronts), Mythos Ten(Center), Mythos One(Rears)
Pics look great, but check your settings, there seems to be some loss of detail, especially in the darker areas. Are you using D-Nice's settings? Look at the pictures on page 2 of this topic, you'll see the difference in the picture with two frogs on top of each other. The details in the eyes and in the bottom left corner of the picture are much more evident with the other settings.
Congrats by the way!
|Pioneer Pro110 Pro 110fd Pro 110fd Tv Pro110 Kuro 50 Plasma Hdtv , Playstation 3 320gb System|
- Epson T605200 UltraChrome K3 110mlEPSON UltraChrome K3 ink can produce archival prints with amazing color fidelity, gloss level, and...
No ReviewsMore on Epson T605200 UltraChrome K3 110mlPrice:
$69.95Too low to displayT-Power Ac Dc adapter for ( 6.6ftT-Power Made with the highest qualityOUTPUT: Brand-newCompatible with:395 E PRO-FORM 18" EXTENDED...
1 ReviewMore on T-Power Ac Dc adapter for ( 6.6ftPrice:
$27.98$8.99Fuser Power supply - 110V - CLJFuser Power supply - 110V - CLJ Pro M251 / M276 series...
No ReviewsMore on Fuser Power supply - 110V - CLJPrice: