Official Pioneer Kuro Pictures Thread....... - Page 288 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 680Likes

post #8611 of 8629 Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynobi16 View Post
I have noticed quite a few ebay listing where the sellers are asking for 2-3k in a "buy it now" listing and I see that they go unsold. As luck would have, there is a newly listed pro-151 that is currently on ebay as being "new / other" with 24 hours on it and being sold as an auction type listing. The current bid is $152 with 5 days to go. This will be a good market price barometer to aid in the flow of this current discussion. Price is what you pay / Value is what you get.

BTW
Is it ok to copy and paste ebay listing on here?
I am currently the highest bidder.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8612 of 8629 Old Yesterday, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybertec View Post
I am currently the highest bidder.

LOL.
Sorry to bring attention to the auction you are bidding on. But according to the members here, you should win the auction with a bid in the $500 area. Congrats!
post #8613 of 8629 Old Yesterday, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
LOL.
Sorry to bring attention to the auction you are bidding on. But according to the members here, you should win the auction with a bid in the $500 area. Congrats!
It's past that number.

post #8614 of 8629 Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
I have noticed quite a few ebay listing where the sellers are asking for 2-3k in a "buy it now" listing and I see that they go unsold. As luck would have, there is a newly listed pro-151 that is currently on ebay as being "new / other" with 24 hours on it and being sold as an auction type listing. The current bid is $152 with 5 days to go. This will be a good market price barometer to aid in the flow of this current discussion. Price is what you pay / Value is what you get.

BTW
Not being picky but that 151 should not be considered new because the fact is it was taken out plugged in and used no matter if it was 24 hours or 2400 hrs. Not to mention it has no warranty and you can also see that it's not in the original shipping container with the screen packed right up against the outside of the box it wouldn't take much to break it. Take it from someone who had one that was shipped in the original container and still ended up broken by the time I got to Florida. I don't think that thing would make a cross-country trip without being damaged. I'm sure somebody will get it at a Great price and hopefully they'll pick it up locally
makaveddie81 likes this.
post #8615 of 8629 Old Yesterday, 04:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcapprotti View Post
...original shipping container with the screen packed right up against the outside of the box it wouldn't take much to break it. Take it from someone who had one that was shipped in the original container and still ended up broken by the time I got to Florida. I don't think that thing would make a cross-country trip without being damaged. I'm sure somebody will get it at a Great price and hopefully they'll pick it up locally
There are shipping companies that specialize in shipping this type of item. They have trained packers and special reusable shipping boxes for any type of electronics available. I worked with someone that hired a special division of Bekins to move their pro video editing suits, http://www.bekinsmovingandstorage.co...office-moving/, <--I think it was these folks. I'm sure different regions have different companies with different expertise, https://www.google.com/search?q=movi...utf-8&oe=utf-8. A little research and a little extra money will get your item shipped professionally and safely.

Cheers,
post #8616 of 8629 Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 70
I see an eBay listing for a Pioneer Elite 65" Pro-151FD. If I were going to buy one, that would be it. I'm a size queen.
post #8617 of 8629 Old Yesterday, 07:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnoonie View Post
There are shipping companies that specialize in shipping this type of item. They have trained packers and special reusable shipping boxes for any type of electronics available. I worked with someone that hired a special division of Bekins to move their pro video editing suits, http://www.bekinsmovingandstorage.co...office-moving/, <--I think it was these folks. I'm sure different regions have different companies with different expertise, https://www.google.com/search?q=movi...utf-8&oe=utf-8. A little research and a little extra money will get your item shipped professionally and safely.

Cheers,
I don't know about a little extra money. A gentleman was interested in my 141 he lived in Laguna Beach California the cost to ship it from Florida that was me
Packing it up and strapped to a pallet and I also had to deliver it to FedEx because they would not pick it up from my house was $700. And that was a reason I could never sell it
Because people didn't want to pony up the extra money to have it shipped on top of the cost of the TV
post #8618 of 8629 Old Yesterday, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveddie81 View Post
Quote:
If he agrees to $1500 then I am gonna pull the trigger. The way I see it, If this were the world of automotive then the pro-151 is a classic.
Its your money, but you are grossly overpaying. Market value is nowhere near that, unrealistic eBay prices be damned. Using eBay and Amazon as a price barometer is the worst mistake you can make. Just look at how long those ridiculously priced sets have been listed on eBay to get an idea on their market value and demand. There has to be another 60 inch Kuro on craigslist near your area with a more realistic price and owner who is more flexible. You seem to think this is the only 151fd ever made. Again, your money, just offering some friendly advice. If you are patient enough, you'll find a more reasonably priced set.

While great TVs, they are still 8 years old, regardless of hour count. I would make sure the claimed hour count is legitimate as the hour meter can be easily reset. There is a way to tell if the hour meter was reset, but it's not readily visible in the service menu. Plus there's the elephant in the room known as red tint, something that the set may or may not have at this point but will most likely get at one point. Let me tell you, red tint on a 60 inch Kuro is pretty much irremovable unless you want to make some picture quality sacrifices. Plus, removing it on a 60 inch set is no easy task.

You need to assess the sellers situation and bargain based on it. Most of the time, sellers just want the Kuro out of the house because it's been replaced by a newer set. This is where you pounce and bargain. The set will NOT sell for $1500 so don't rush into it. Let the guy realize that there's no demand for it and he'll come crawling back. Its the same story arc for these first time sellers - they list at ridiculously high price (using eBay, Amazon or even MSRP from back in 2008), no one bites, then reality hits and they start lowering the price. Its a double edged sword when dealing folks who don't know a lot about the Kuro - either they don't know what they have and will sell ot dirt cheap, or they overestimate what they have and list it at an exhorbitant price.

The fact that a set is calibrated doesn't raise its value IMO because I'm going to perform a fresh calibration anyways. Plus calibrations drift over time. It's like paying premium for a car that's been recently washed - it will get dirty again anyways.

Buying a brand new in the box Kuro is more risky than buying a used one IMO because the used one is confirmed to be working for an extended period of time, while you're rolling the dice on a brand new one as the owner's typically don't want to take it out of the box for testing thinking it's going to lower the set's value . Plus the asking price for brand new sets is ridiculous. Only brand new Kuro I would ever buy would be straight from Pioneer so long as a warranty was attached to it and price waa reasonable.

Mmm, I just sold my beloved 60" Pioneer Kuro for $1,750 cash money! Yup., worth every dime. Immaculate and moderate usage. Not everyday usage, only HD movies, football, sports time since 2009 with ZERO issues. Professionally calibrated in 2009. It all comes down to who you know, how well you care for the TV, etc. Good luck to all, I've never had an issue with it, I have a clear mind and it's sold to a great friend of mine. It's all good..
post #8619 of 8629 Old Yesterday, 07:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by B T C View Post
I see an eBay listing for a Pioneer Elite 65" Pro-151FD. If I were going to buy one, that would be it. I'm a size queen.
That would have to be 60" as there are no 65" Pioneer PDPs
post #8620 of 8629 Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Its your money, but you are grossly overpaying. Market value is nowhere near that, unrealistic eBay prices be damned. Using eBay and Amazon as a price barometer is the worst mistake you can make. Just look at how long those ridiculously priced sets have been listed on eBay to get an idea on their market value and demand. There has to be another 60 inch Kuro on craigslist near your area with a more realistic price and owner who is more flexible. You seem to think this is the only 151fd ever made. Again, your money, just offering some friendly advice. If you are patient enough, you'll find a more reasonably priced set.

While great TVs, they are still 8 years old, regardless of hour count. I would make sure the claimed hour count is legitimate as the hour meter can be easily reset. There is a way to tell if the hour meter was reset, but it's not readily visible in the service menu. Plus there's the elephant in the room known as red tint, something that the set may or may not have at this point but will most likely get at one point. Let me tell you, red tint on a 60 inch Kuro is pretty much irremovable unless you want to make some picture quality sacrifices. Plus, removing it on a 60 inch set is no easy task.

You need to assess the sellers situation and bargain based on it. Most of the time, sellers just want the Kuro out of the house because it's been replaced by a newer set. This is where you pounce and bargain. The set will NOT sell for $1500 so don't rush into it. Let the guy realize that there's no demand for it and he'll come crawling back. Its the same story arc for these first time sellers - they list at ridiculously high price (using eBay, Amazon or even MSRP from back in 2008), no one bites, then reality hits and they start lowering the price. Its a double edged sword when dealing folks who don't know a lot about the Kuro - either they don't know what they have and will sell ot dirt cheap, or they overestimate what they have and list it at an exhorbitant price.

The fact that a set is calibrated doesn't raise its value IMO because I'm going to perform a fresh calibration anyways. Plus calibrations drift over time. It's like paying premium for a car that's been recently washed - it will get dirty again anyways.

Buying a brand new in the box Kuro is more risky than buying a used one IMO because the used one is confirmed to be working for an extended period of time, while you're rolling the dice on a brand new one as the owner's typically don't want to take it out of the box for testing thinking it's going to lower the set's value . Plus the asking price for brand new sets is ridiculous. Only brand new Kuro I would ever buy would be straight from Pioneer so long as a warranty was attached to it and price waa reasonable.
I don't know if any of you guys saw it or if it's still there, but not that long ago before I got the 111FD there was a guy on Amazon trying to sell a used 5020 for $10,000. When I saw the post I literally wanted to message the guy telling him he's a moron, and an a**. That would be ridiculous for any used tv, but to try and sell an 8 year old Kuro that isn't even an ELITE and isn't even new in the box but used (not that it would really make it any more legit) for 10K when it was never even 5K brand new in 2008... what on earth are these people thinking? Do these people really believe the value of tv's goes up? Did that guy actually think he had a chance, that some random rich guy was going to want to buy a Kuro so bad because of it's reputation and would actually pay that when they could get a new OLED tv for way less?

I just couldn't believe it I seriously wanted to yell at the guy.
makaveddie81 likes this.
post #8621 of 8629 Old Today, 12:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachboy273 View Post
Mmm, I just sold my beloved 60" Pioneer Kuro for $1,750 cash money! Yup., worth every dime. Immaculate and moderate usage. Not everyday usage, only HD movies, football, sports time since 2009 with ZERO issues. Professionally calibrated in 2009. It all comes down to who you know, how well you care for the TV, etc. Good luck to all, I've never had an issue with it, I have a clear mind and it's sold to a great friend of mine. It's all good..
Well there's exceptions to the rule, especially if you find the perfect buyer - a person who just found out about Kuro and has no clue about red tint or how these things have aged. But to Kuro veterans, $1750 for ANY Kuro is ridiculously overpriced. Hell, I'd sell any of my Kuros for $1750 because I know its way over the market price and I can easily turn around and buy a couple of Kuros and still have tons of money to spare. Its good business.

All the ones I've bought for less than $500 are mint conditon and came with stand and all accessories.
Superman23 likes this.

Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M
Pioneer Kuro PRO-141FD
Pioneer Kuro PRO-111FD x 2
Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020 x 2
post #8622 of 8629 Old Today, 12:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 261
Quote:

BTW
I don't think its a good barometer at all because there's no guarantee that the winner will pony up. I've seen listings end at ridiculous prices onoy to be relisted later becausthe winner didn't pay up. Hell, the seller may have buddies driving up the price.

I've seen 101fd's and 500m's for 400 to 500 bucks on eBay and Craigslist that take forever to sell, yet people are tripping over thenselves for this 151 because it has no reserve yet the winner will end up overpaying.

Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M
Pioneer Kuro PRO-141FD
Pioneer Kuro PRO-111FD x 2
Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020 x 2
post #8623 of 8629 Old Today, 12:56 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
After paying $5,300 for it in 09, I believe in value. I babied this display, I've never had any issues with it, red tint, nothing at all. So I kept my value high on it and in return I got some equity back. I was fortunate but so will be my good friend, he saw it back in 09 and wanted it full price but that was my investment,
post #8624 of 8629 Old Today, 01:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1510 Post(s)
Liked: 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader1 View Post
I don't know if any of you guys saw it or if it's still there, but not that long ago before I got the 111FD there was a guy on Amazon trying to sell a used 5020 for $10,000. When I saw the post I literally wanted to message the guy telling him he's a moron, and an a**. That would be ridiculous for any used tv, but to try and sell an 8 year old Kuro that isn't even an ELITE and isn't even new in the box but used (not that it would really make it any more legit) for 10K when it was never even 5K brand new in 2008... what on earth are these people thinking? Do these people really believe the value of tv's goes up? Did that guy actually think he had a chance, that some random rich guy was going to want to buy a Kuro so bad because of it's reputation and would actually pay that when they could get a new OLED tv for way less?

I just couldn't believe it I seriously wanted to yell at the guy.
here's the cheapest i've seen one locally...(not that i check frequently)

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tvs/winnipeg/...ationFlag=true

but with such a detailed listing, i'm sure he'll get plenty of interest...

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1130K, 7.1/5.1.2 audio
Sources: HTPC(Enby), PS3, XBOX360, Wii
Control: Harmony One
post #8625 of 8629 Old Today, 01:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1510 Post(s)
Liked: 1447
Quote:
Well there's exceptions to the rule, especially if you find the perfect buyer - a person who just found out about Kuro and has no clue about red tint or how these things have aged. But to Kuro veterans, $1750 for ANY Kuro is ridiculously overpriced. Hell, I'd sell any of my Kuros for $1750 because I know its way over the market price and I can easily turn around and buy a couple of Kuros and still have tons of money to spare. Its good business.

All the ones I've bought for less than $500 are mint conditon and came with stand and all accessories.
location matters too. before buying my f8500, i looked for kuros, and there really wasn't anything. at the time, i definitely would have paid 2grand for a used 60" kuro instead of paying 3-4grand for an f8500 or zt60. oled certainly changes the equation, but i bet there's still ppl out there not happy with all the lg has done with oled and believes that mature plasma is better than 'cheap/early' oled.

i'm very thankful i'm not in the market right now, i would have a hard time finding a tv a liked for under 5grand locally i think. unless i timed it just perfectly on the week that a store has 5 oled's on clearance, otherwise even the cheapest 55" don't sell under 3grand after taxes.

if tv's were easier to ship, we probably wouldn't see such a discrepancy. if i could buy kuro's for 500bux, i'd probably have 3 of them

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1130K, 7.1/5.1.2 audio
Sources: HTPC(Enby), PS3, XBOX360, Wii
Control: Harmony One
post #8626 of 8629 Old Today, 02:24 AM

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_gt View Post
here's the cheapest i've seen one locally...(not that i check frequently)

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tvs/winnipeg/...ationFlag=true

but with such a detailed listing, i'm sure he'll get plenty of interest...
These people man... I just don't get it. Just fishing for idiots I guess, but with prices like that even the dumbest or most desperate people I think wont bother.

Quote:
location matters too. before buying my f8500, i looked for kuros, and there really wasn't anything. at the time, i definitely would have paid 2grand for a used 60" kuro
I'm fairly lucky. On Craigslist there are a lot of Pioneers in my area, although a lot are not Kuro's but surprisingly there have been more Pioneers than Panasonic's and Samsung's for at least the last 4-ish months. Most people give pretty fair prices, I overpaid a little but nothing ridiculous. There is some guy trying to sell some 50 inch 2003 Pioneer Plasma for $1,800 though I mean seriously, what does he think that just because a Plasma automatically says Pioneer on it it makes it a Kuro ELITE and that it's worth a lot? It ain't no Kuro and it's 13 years old for goodness sake. That thing probably has tens of thousands of hours and is about to break any day. Just crazy. On the same page in my area somebody else (the guy I bought my 111FD from actually) is selling a 151 for $1,200 and there are a bunch of other much newer Pioneers for way more realistic prices. Has that guy with the 2003 Plasma done ANY research, or even looked at what Kuro's are selling for in this area?
post #8627 of 8629 Old Today, 04:27 AM

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwknuf6 View Post
That would have to be 60" as there are no 65" Pioneer PDPs
Understood, but it is advertised as a 65" Pioneer Elite Plasma and is identified as a PRO-151FD under the item specifics. I don't even think it's a plasma period. Unless the owner built some kind of cabinet for it, it looks like a rear projection television.
Superman23 likes this.
post #8628 of 8629 Old Today, 05:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
location matters too. before buying my f8500, i looked for kuros, and there really wasn't anything. at the time, i definitely would have paid 2grand for a used 60" kuro instead of paying 3-4grand for an f8500 or zt60. oled certainly changes the equation, but i bet there's still ppl out there not happy with all the lg has done with oled and believes that mature plasma is better than 'cheap/early' oled.

i'm very thankful i'm not in the market right now, i would have a hard time finding a tv a liked for under 5grand locally i think. unless i timed it just perfectly on the week that a store has 5 oled's on clearance, otherwise even the cheapest 55" don't sell under 3grand after taxes.

if tv's were easier to ship, we probably wouldn't see such a discrepancy. if i could buy kuro's for 500bux, i'd probably have 3 of them
You're exactly right location does matter. I had several people interested in mine it was new in the box with the warranty but when it came to paying extra to have it shipped across country. There's we're the deal stalled out like the old saying goes location location location
post #8629 of 8629 Old Today, 09:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
I don't think its a good barometer at all because there's no guarantee that the winner will pony up. I've seen listings end at ridiculous prices onoy to be relisted later becausthe winner didn't pay up. Hell, the seller may have buddies driving up the price.

I've seen 101fd's and 500m's for 400 to 500 bucks on eBay and Craigslist that take forever to sell, yet people are tripping over thenselves for this 151 because it has no reserve yet the winner will end up overpaying.

I put my 101fd with 4000 hours on ebay and was offered 700.00 in only a few hours , bidder has a very high ebay rating and offered instant payment , I think that is a fair price .I am sure I can get more but may do the deal . I am only selling because I don't have room for 4 displays . I may never sell my 101 tweaked by D-Nice with less than 1000 hours .its that good .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Pro110 Pro 110fd Pro 110fd Tv Pro110 Kuro 50 Plasma Hdtv , Playstation 3 320gb System
Gear in this thread