Official Pioneer Kuro Pictures Thread....... - Page 288 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 676Likes
post #8611 of 8619 Unread Today, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynobi16 View Post
I have noticed quite a few ebay listing where the sellers are asking for 2-3k in a "buy it now" listing and I see that they go unsold. As luck would have, there is a newly listed pro-151 that is currently on ebay as being "new / other" with 24 hours on it and being sold as an auction type listing. The current bid is $152 with 5 days to go. This will be a good market price barometer to aid in the flow of this current discussion. Price is what you pay / Value is what you get.

BTW
Is it ok to copy and paste ebay listing on here?
I am currently the highest bidder.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8612 of 8619 Unread Today, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybertec View Post
I am currently the highest bidder.

LOL.
Sorry to bring attention to the auction you are bidding on. But according to the members here, you should win the auction with a bid in the $500 area. Congrats!
post #8613 of 8619 Unread Today, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
LOL.
Sorry to bring attention to the auction you are bidding on. But according to the members here, you should win the auction with a bid in the $500 area. Congrats!
It's past that number.

post #8614 of 8619 Unread Today, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
I have noticed quite a few ebay listing where the sellers are asking for 2-3k in a "buy it now" listing and I see that they go unsold. As luck would have, there is a newly listed pro-151 that is currently on ebay as being "new / other" with 24 hours on it and being sold as an auction type listing. The current bid is $152 with 5 days to go. This will be a good market price barometer to aid in the flow of this current discussion. Price is what you pay / Value is what you get.

BTW
Is it ok to copy and paste ebay listing on here?
Not being picky but that 151 should not be considered new because the fact is it was taken out plugged in and used no matter if it was 24 hours or 2400 hrs. Not to mention it has no warranty and you can also see that it's not in the original shipping container with the screen packed right up against the outside of the box it wouldn't take much to break it. Take it from someone who had one that was shipped in the original container and still ended up broken by the time I got to Florida. I don't think that thing would make a cross-country trip without being damaged. I'm sure somebody will get it at a Great price and hopefully they'll pick it up locally
post #8615 of 8619 Unread Today, 04:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcapprotti View Post
...original shipping container with the screen packed right up against the outside of the box it wouldn't take much to break it. Take it from someone who had one that was shipped in the original container and still ended up broken by the time I got to Florida. I don't think that thing would make a cross-country trip without being damaged. I'm sure somebody will get it at a Great price and hopefully they'll pick it up locally
There are shipping companies that specialize in shipping this type of item. They have trained packers and special reusable shipping boxes for any type of electronics available. I worked with someone that hired a special division of Bekins to move their pro video editing suits, http://www.bekinsmovingandstorage.co...office-moving/, <--I think it was these folks. I'm sure different regions have different companies with different expertise, https://www.google.com/search?q=movi...utf-8&oe=utf-8. A little research and a little extra money will get your item shipped professionally and safely.

Cheers,
post #8616 of 8619 Unread Today, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 69
I see an eBay listing for a Pioneer Elite 65" Pro-151FD. If I were going to buy one, that would be it. I'm a size queen.
post #8617 of 8619 Unread Today, 07:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnoonie View Post
There are shipping companies that specialize in shipping this type of item. They have trained packers and special reusable shipping boxes for any type of electronics available. I worked with someone that hired a special division of Bekins to move their pro video editing suits, http://www.bekinsmovingandstorage.co...office-moving/, <--I think it was these folks. I'm sure different regions have different companies with different expertise, https://www.google.com/search?q=movi...utf-8&oe=utf-8. A little research and a little extra money will get your item shipped professionally and safely.

Cheers,
I don't know about a little extra money. A gentleman was interested in my 141 he lived in Laguna Beach California the cost to ship it from Florida that was me
Packing it up and strapped to a pallet and I also had to deliver it to FedEx because they would not pick it up from my house was $700. And that was a reason I could never sell it
Because people didn't want to pony up the extra money to have it shipped on top of the cost of the TV
post #8618 of 8619 Unread Today, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveddie81 View Post
Quote:
If he agrees to $1500 then I am gonna pull the trigger. The way I see it, If this were the world of automotive then the pro-151 is a classic.
Its your money, but you are grossly overpaying. Market value is nowhere near that, unrealistic eBay prices be damned. Using eBay and Amazon as a price barometer is the worst mistake you can make. Just look at how long those ridiculously priced sets have been listed on eBay to get an idea on their market value and demand. There has to be another 60 inch Kuro on craigslist near your area with a more realistic price and owner who is more flexible. You seem to think this is the only 151fd ever made. Again, your money, just offering some friendly advice. If you are patient enough, you'll find a more reasonably priced set.

While great TVs, they are still 8 years old, regardless of hour count. I would make sure the claimed hour count is legitimate as the hour meter can be easily reset. There is a way to tell if the hour meter was reset, but it's not readily visible in the service menu. Plus there's the elephant in the room known as red tint, something that the set may or may not have at this point but will most likely get at one point. Let me tell you, red tint on a 60 inch Kuro is pretty much irremovable unless you want to make some picture quality sacrifices. Plus, removing it on a 60 inch set is no easy task.

You need to assess the sellers situation and bargain based on it. Most of the time, sellers just want the Kuro out of the house because it's been replaced by a newer set. This is where you pounce and bargain. The set will NOT sell for $1500 so don't rush into it. Let the guy realize that there's no demand for it and he'll come crawling back. Its the same story arc for these first time sellers - they list at ridiculously high price (using eBay, Amazon or even MSRP from back in 2008), no one bites, then reality hits and they start lowering the price. Its a double edged sword when dealing folks who don't know a lot about the Kuro - either they don't know what they have and will sell ot dirt cheap, or they overestimate what they have and list it at an exhorbitant price.

The fact that a set is calibrated doesn't raise its value IMO because I'm going to perform a fresh calibration anyways. Plus calibrations drift over time. It's like paying premium for a car that's been recently washed - it will get dirty again anyways.

Buying a brand new in the box Kuro is more risky than buying a used one IMO because the used one is confirmed to be working for an extended period of time, while you're rolling the dice on a brand new one as the owner's typically don't want to take it out of the box for testing thinking it's going to lower the set's value . Plus the asking price for brand new sets is ridiculous. Only brand new Kuro I would ever buy would be straight from Pioneer so long as a warranty was attached to it and price waa reasonable.

Mmm, I just sold my beloved 60" Pioneer Kuro for $1,750 cash money! Yup., worth every dime. Immaculate and moderate usage. Not everyday usage, only HD movies, football, sports time since 2009 with ZERO issues. Professionally calibrated in 2009. It all comes down to who you know, how well you care for the TV, etc. Good luck to all, I've never had an issue with it, I have a clear mind and it's sold to a great friend of mine. It's all good..
post #8619 of 8619 Unread Today, 07:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by B T C View Post
I see an eBay listing for a Pioneer Elite 65" Pro-151FD. If I were going to buy one, that would be it. I'm a size queen.
That would have to be 60" as there are no 65" Pioneer PDPs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Pro110 Pro 110fd Pro 110fd Tv Pro110 Kuro 50 Plasma Hdtv , Playstation 3 320gb System
Gear in this thread