AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpwj40e View Post

This thread is very, very BAD

I keep repeating to myself .....wait til Jan, wait til Jan...70" in Jan...

and then I see a new sets of pics from this thread and my hand goes to the phone, dials the local Pioneer Sop to place order....and then I repeat again....

I need a 12 step program and this thread and these pics are not any of the steps!!!

ANd for a request...How about Heroes or an HD movie....maybe those will "cure" me

will do, give me till tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 7547 Old 10-10-2007, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tccweb View Post

After 16 Months, 1 Mitsubishi DLP, 2 Sony LCD XBRs (2 & 4) and a couple of other sets I am finally happy with a TV. In fact I'm thrilled. This is the first set I've seen that comes close to living up to the advertising and the pre-sales hype that doesn't seem to have some kind of systemic defect.

Anyway forgive the awful camera phone shot (The "Wife Unit"(tm) carries the digital camera on her). Its just for context, I will post good photos when I have the digital camera in hand.

Pioneer PDP-5010FD
TiVo Series 3
JBL Monitor Speakers (Connected to TV); Using the Pioneer speaker bar wasn't a good fit
Toshiba HD-A30
Nintendo Wii
Sony BDP-S300
Onkyo HT-R540
Microsoft X-Box 360
Monster HDP-2400

TCCWEB -- Can you clarify what type of speakers you are using in place of the factory speaker???

I ask because I have just bought the PRO-1150HD I cannot use the side speakers that came with it due to space constraints, but I am actually looking for what my alternatives might be.

One alternative I have considered is the "bottom speaker" like came with your 5010-HD (since I have room top to bottom, but not side to side). I would like to understand what my "directly connected to the tv" options might be (otherwise I'll have to go through a receiver all the time).

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Great pics BTW -- you have a VERY nice set-up.
post #63 of 7547 Old 10-10-2007, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taysdad View Post

TCCWEB -- Can you clarify what type of speakers you are using in place of the factory speaker???

I ask because I have just bought the PRO-1150HD I cannot use the side speakers that came with it due to space constraints, but I am actually looking for what my alternatives might be.

One alternative I have considered is the "bottom speaker" like came with your 5010-HD (since I have room top to bottom, but not side to side). I would like to understand what my "directly connected to the tv" options might be (otherwise I'll have to go through a receiver all the time).

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Great pics BTW -- you have a VERY nice set-up.

look at the first post in this thread, and first picture, you will see the Klipsch Tower speakers, SVS Sub to the left in the corner "pictures sitting on top of it". I see you might not have the space for those type of speakers, you can always get bookshelf speakers and place them in the cabinet, or use the existing speakers that came with the PDP and place them bellow.
post #64 of 7547 Old 10-10-2007, 06:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 214
VERY nice picture cybertec!!!
post #65 of 7547 Old 10-10-2007, 07:38 PM

Liked: 11
PURE settings are global correct?
post #66 of 7547 Old 10-10-2007, 09:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
cybertec...just beautiful ! I'd never leave the house again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybertec View Post

.... plus the speakers that come with it are also fantastic, even though I have the suround system with 7x200watt power amp, it has hardly been used since I put up this baby, will only be used when playing a movie, for any other viewing these speakers are great.

Interesting comment re the speakers as most members seem to criticize the factory dumbo ears.
I'm looking back through the photos though and I don't see them. Am I missing something or did you just take the pics with them detached?

"Talk to me Goose"
post #67 of 7547 Old 10-10-2007, 11:08 PM
AVS Special Member

shadow, you can see the speakers in the pics from post 1, and the upper left one in post 31 but they are harder to see in in the other pics from post 31 and 58.

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
post #68 of 7547 Old 10-10-2007, 11:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Cybertec,

Congrats, very nice setup and the Pro110FD is looking great, excellent pics, you could give a class here on avs. Glad John at Axxis Audio took care of you and your enjoying the new Kuro Elite.

Now more pics please of everybody's Pioneer.

post #69 of 7547 Old 10-11-2007, 02:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcaster View Post

cybertec...just beautiful ! I'd never leave the house again.

Interesting comment re the speakers as most members seem to criticize the factory dumbo ears.
I'm looking back through the photos though and I don't see them. Am I missing something or did you just take the pics with them detached?

speakers are there, you can see them on the fisrt post on this thread, later pictures do not show them as I zoomed in to get a closer take on the screen and what was playing on it, plus the black backround that I painted makes them blend into the backround.
post #70 of 7547 Old 10-11-2007, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:

This thread is very, very BAD

I keep repeating to myself .....wait til Jan, wait til Jan...70" in Jan...

and then I see a new sets of pics from this thread and my hand goes to the phone, dials the local Pioneer Sop to place order....and then I repeat again....

I need a 12 step program and this thread and these pics are not any of the steps!!!

ANd for a request...How about Heroes or an HD movie....maybe those will "cure" me

Ah 70"? Where is that info coming from? I've seen it mentioned here on AVS somehwere else that Pioneer may introcdue a 70" display next year but I assumed at best we would only get preliminary info possibly at CES and not actually see a new panel until like mid next year at the earliest as Pioneer seems to release their new displays starting around June and continue through the fall. I absolutely love my 150FD but like you, man wouldn't a 70" be sweeeet! Also seeing as how much power the 150FD consumes getting a 70" you would almost need the new reduced power consumption supposedly being introduced in next years models I'm very curious as to the price of a 70" panel seeing as once you get beyond 50" the price/inch ratio seems to get a bit out of wack. The LG 70" (or is it 71") is what, around $15,000 so I'm guessing that is where Pioneer may price a 70" considering the most expensive 60" they have is $7500 US. Seems like a logical price all things considered. Of course it would be great to see it come in for less perhaps $12000ish at the high end

Rod

post #71 of 7547 Old 10-11-2007, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Beautiful pics cybertec!! If anyone is a gamer could you please post some pics of some 360 or ps3 on a kuro. I almost pulled the trigger on the 110fd from axxis yesterday. But I just cant get over the thought of possibly getting a loud panel or one with dead pixels. Right now I have a isf calibrated panny 8uk with no noise and no dead pixels and if I spent the money and ended up with a bad panel that I couldnt return I would just be sooo P$##ed at myself. I'm still trying to find a local elite dealer with no luck. One more place to call in Omaha. Wish me luck. LATER
post #72 of 7547 Old 10-11-2007, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dssturbo1 View Post

shadow, you can see the speakers in the pics from post 1, and the upper left one in post 31 but they are harder to see in in the other pics from post 31 and 58.

Thanks...Ok, now that you pointed out the pics, I do see them.

"Talk to me Goose"
post #73 of 7547 Old 10-11-2007, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

speakers are there, you can see them on the fisrt post on this thread, later pictures do not show them as I soomed in to get closer take on the screen and what was playing on it, plus the black backround that I painted makes them blend into the backround.

Thanks, it was getting late last night when I was looking. Guess my eyes were getting blurry.

"Talk to me Goose"
post #74 of 7547 Old 10-11-2007, 08:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 771 Post(s)
Liked: 851
Quote:

Ken, no moire that I can see, picture is just FANTASTIC, have about 50 hours on it till today, the colors and skin tones in PURE mode are spot on, detail and sharpness is fantastic and so is contrast, and the black levels are great, plus the speakers that come with it are also fantastic, even though I have the suround system with 7x200watt power amp, it has hardly been used since I put up this baby, will only be used when playing a movie, for any other viewing these speakers are great.

Cyber, actually what I meant was if you saw any 'moire' as the result of your digicam's settings. I know the Pioneer has no moire, but I've often gotten moire in my cam's pictures when trying to shoot from the screen.

BTW, one of those froggie pictures might get censored!
post #75 of 7547 Old 10-11-2007, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

Cyber, actually what I meant was if you saw any 'moire' as the result of your digicam's settings. I know the Pioneer has no moire, but I've often gotten moire in my cam's pictures when trying to shoot from the screen.

Really now...was that Planet Earth DVD or Cinemax after midnight?
post #76 of 7547 Old 10-11-2007, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

VERY nice picture cybertec!!!

thank you D-Nice, I use your STB Pure settings for my PS3 and STB, but I noticed if you reduce brightness to -3 or -5 you get a bit better blacks, your settings have the brightness settings at zero, pictures where taken with the zero brightness settings.
post #77 of 7547 Old 10-11-2007, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

they are playing pin the donkey
post #78 of 7547 Old 10-11-2007, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I was 7-8 feet from the screen, and I used an SLR not one of those pocket digital cams, what camera you got, I might be able to help you out in the PDP picture taking department.
post #79 of 7547 Old 10-11-2007, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

a few pics from 300 on the PS3 Blu Ray, this is a grainy and dark movie, shadow detail is fantastic,
post #80 of 7547 Old 10-11-2007, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

OMG......the 81 series can put that 300 in it's pipe and smoke it.
Excellent! Look at the detail even in these pics....wow!

My HT

In the words of English philosopher Edmund Burke, ÂAll that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.Â
post #81 of 7547 Old 10-11-2007, 05:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

thank you D-Nice, I use your STB Pure settings for my PS3 and STB, but I noticed if you reduce brightness to -3 or -5 you get a bit better blacks, your settings have the brightness settings at zero, pictures where taken with the zero brightness settings.

Yes, the brightness setting is going to fluctuate per input device and time of day.
post #82 of 7547 Old 10-11-2007, 05:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

a few pics from 300 on the PS3 Blu Ray, this is a grainy and dark movie, shadow detail is fantastic,

MY GOD!!!!! You've captured EXACTLY what I see on my Kuro when playing 300. And when I say exactly...I mean it!!!!
post #83 of 7547 Old 10-11-2007, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

MY GOD!!!!! You've captured EXACTLY what I see on my Kuro when playing 300. And when I say exactly...I mean it!!!!

Quite thank you, I tried my best to show the FANTASTIC imagery produced on this fine PDP
post #84 of 7547 Old 10-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Advanced Member

OMG....This was not the "cure" I was looking for! Unbelieveable...I thought my set was pretty darn good (1140), and these pictures just smoked it!

So now I am really stuck....do I wait for the 70"...or just bite the bullet and get the 150??? As much as I hate going smaller (my only regret with the 1140 - that I didnt do the 1540) with the 60" if a 70" is iminent?

I have the go ahead from the SO...its just that I will get killed next year if I want to turn around and get yet ANOTHER set

Someone tell me that I should wait for the brighter, more energy efficient , BIGGER, KURO to come.....that I am crazy for not waiting.....'cause my will power is fast receding

Fantastic PICS, simply stunning!
post #85 of 7547 Old 10-11-2007, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

OMG....This was not the "cure" I was looking for! Unbelieveable...I thought my set was pretty darn good (1140), and these pictures just smoked it!

So now I am really stuck....do I wait for the 70"...or just bite the bullet and get the 150??? As much as I hate going smaller (my only regret with the 1140 - that I didnt do the 1540) with the 60" if a 70" is iminent?

I have the go ahead from the SO...its just that I will get killed next year if I want to turn around and get yet ANOTHER set

Someone tell me that I should wait for the brighter, more energy efficient , BIGGER, KURO to come.....that I am crazy for not waiting.....'cause my will power is fast receding

Fantastic PICS, simply stunning!

I am really sorry for tempting you like this, I did not mean to do it, maybe I should just stop with these pics, any one in favor say yay, and anyone not in favor say NO. By the way it's the PDP that produced these stuning images, camera just snaped them.
post #86 of 7547 Old 10-11-2007, 07:06 PM

I say nay... Keep them coming. What other BD's or HD DVD's do you have? Also, please anyone else post pics as well, don't be intimidated by cybertec's amazing pics. Every setup is different and we want to see them. Thanks cybertec and anyone else who posted.

As for me, I am about a month away from getting a 150FD and I will try and post pics as well.
post #87 of 7547 Old 10-11-2007, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Someone tell me that I should wait for the brighter, more energy efficient , BIGGER, KURO to come.....that I am crazy for not waiting.....'cause my will power is fast receding Fantastic PICS, simply stunning!

Get the Pro150FD now....let's see why.
#1 you have approval, so do it!
#2 a 70" is still a rumor
#3 you don't know the price of the 70" (IF it does come true) it could easily be double the msrp of the current Pro150FD.
#4 see #1, you have approval and will not get killed.
#5 as good as the pics look, I bet Cybertec will tell you it looks even better in person. consider that they are taken and then downloaded into the computer, uploaded to a host, posted on the avs forums and then your viewing them on what display?? and they still look Great!
#6 You can get a great deal on it now from an authorized Pioneer Elite dealer who is also an Avs forum sponsor.
#7 Why are you waiting??????? You could be staring at those pics in person on your own Pro150FD very soon instead of waiting a year or more!
#8, oh yeah see #1.

post #88 of 7547 Old 10-12-2007, 04:04 AM

I have no idea how to take pictures but this is my best guess.

5080 using PS3, superbit 5th element, and settings per the man (D-Nice). I need to try a blue ray disk maybe next week. Still working on break in and setting up room. May be a little too bright for my room but I am not there yet to tweak, I will do that later when I have time.

post #89 of 7547 Old 10-12-2007, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
cybertec.....i just wanted to write this note and tell you " YOU ARE A BIG JERKWAD!!!"

because of you, now I'm gonna have to get a 60" KURO..........thanks a lot!

my poor 1130 just put its tail between its legs:

post #90 of 7547 Old 10-12-2007, 06:11 AM

This is what SD material looks like...
LL
LL
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Pro110 Pro 110fd Pro 110fd Tv Pro110 Kuro 50 Plasma Hdtv , Playstation 3 320gb System
Gear in this thread - Pro110 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page