Master Burn-In/IR/Break In Thread Part II: All Posts Here Only - Page 176 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5251 of 5253 Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chise View Post
To be honest Steve I did not believe this myself till one of my friends did a demo. over my house, I was shock, So I got dedicated 20 amp line with Furutech power outlets with in 4 weeks my burn-ins went away on my screen I have a clear crisp picture now, this is step 2 and I have 4 more to go anything else I pm you.
I am an electrical engineer,

Changing the power lines have nothing to do with quality of electricity unless you want to minimize power losses and voltage drop across high current long lines.
This of course depends on the load current which comes nowhere near enough to heavily load the line in a domestic appliances environment.
Low line voltage may fluctuate depends on the time of the day, but that also does not matter anymore because of switching power supplies.

These have absolutely nothing to do with plasma's uneven phosphor decay.
Don't get me started on Audiophiles... their "theories" are a joke.

So forget the whole "clean electricity" rubbish about TV picture quality (and audio) unless your TV is against a wall and is VERY susceptible to magnetic field of a fully loaded line in the wall or of an extension cord lying near the screen.

Trust in pixel flipper!

Last edited by James Freeman; Yesterday at 08:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5252 of 5253 Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Freeman View Post
I am an electrical engineer,

Changing the power lines have nothing to do with quality of electricity unless you want to minimize power losses and voltage drop across high current long lines.
This of course depends on the load current which comes nowhere near enough to heavily load the line in a domestic appliances environment.
Low line voltage may fluctuate depends on the time of the day, but that also does not matter anymore because of switching power supplies.

These have absolutely nothing to do with plasma's uneven phosphor decay.
Don't get me started on Audiophiles... their "theories" are a joke.

So forget the whole "clean electricity" rubbish about TV picture quality (and audio) unless your TV is against a wall and is VERY susceptible to magnetic field of a fully loaded line in the wall or of an extension cord lying near the screen.

Trust in pixel flipper!
Can't poorly designed power supplies in various consumer devices impart some ripple in the circuit they are connected to? Unfortunately I don't have 100x probe for my scope of I'd just check it myself. Not saying it makes a difference, a well designed circuit is going to be pretty well regulated on the DC side, but I thought any ripple going into the transformer that feeds any outputs like in an amplifier could make difference, even if it's small.

I know switch mode puts out some nasty RF that can really mess with stuff. But anyone designing a switcher in audio products should be able pick the switching frequency that least affects anything else in the product.

Just learning here.

Regards,
Steve

Regards, (for the vast majority of people :-p)

Steve
post #5253 of 5253 Old Yesterday, 11:05 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 17
You could scope the dc rail but I doubt you'd see anything but a flat line,
unless you bought the PSU (any chinese kind) on ebay for 3.99$.

I agree that poorly designed switcher can wreak havoc in audio equipment (RF, harmonics, oscillation, ripple, etc...).
Although I trust electronic engineers whom by now should have perfected the art of switching.

Definitely closer to the heart of the beast, but still nothing to do with phosphor decay and IR once again...
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Hpt4254 42 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Pro110 Pro 110fd Pro 110fd Tv Pro110 Kuro 50 Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Th 50px75u 50 Inch 720p Plasma Hdtv , Playstation 3 160gb System
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page