Master Burn-In/IR/Break In Thread Part II: All Posts Here Only - Page 178 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5311 of 5312 Old 08-03-2014, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I've got a Panasonic TC-P42S2 that I must have bought sometime in 2010. Just out of curiosity, I checked it this morning for burn-in and/or IR. All I was able to use was the built in screen wiper tool, which I didn't even know it had until just recently. I saw nothing. I never did anything with this TV other than plug it in and start using it. I've gamed on this thing, watched all kinds of content etc., much of which I'm sure had static logos on the screen. It's kind of disappointing to find out that their newer plasma displays are so susceptible to this issue. I never even took that into consideration prior to purchasing the 55" VT60 from my friend. I just assumed it wasn't something I needed to worry about. I wish I had spent a bit of time researching prior to purchase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5312 of 5312 Old Today, 01:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Ok, so I'm going to grab a new plasma next week and wanting to prepare for it and get some burn-in slides ready. I downloaded the linked slides in post #1 of this thread (Evangelo's slides). Do I just put them on a loop and run them for a 100 hours? Is that it? Any settings need to be tweaked on the TV when running the slides? Thanks!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Hpt4254 42 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Pro110 Pro 110fd Pro 110fd Tv Pro110 Kuro 50 Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Th 50px75u 50 Inch 720p Plasma Hdtv , Playstation 3 160gb System
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page