Master Burn-In/IR/Break In Thread Part II: All Posts Here Only - Page 180 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5371 of 5371 Old 10-27-2014, 06:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Apologies, being in the “biz” I can go off with tech stuff for days! Honestly, I think you're looking at a new set. 4:3 directly translates letterbox, so I think any warranty is out. By all means check though. But TECHNICALLY, it doesn't say anything about top and bottom, although center may be being used to cover all bases. May get lucky on the phone, if not, you need to make ONE HELL OF A STINK!! Demand supervisers, read the manual back to them, they may give you “obviously that meant letterbox too”, to which you reply it doesn't say anything about that in the manual! Prepare to get berated.

If you have a plasma nowadays, the WOW disc is basically a must. Will it help your current TV, I don't think so.

I THINK the Spears & whoever disc is the one that goes into very good detail, as well as giving you every pattern you'd need to be a calibrator. You can do it by eye, but at the very l least you need a reference. Even a friend's TV hooked up next to yours. It will only be as good as eyes and the other TV, (a combo that could make a really bad by the #'s cal, but at least you won't be seeing pink).

I'll check those boxes.

Regards,
Steve

Regards, (for the vast majority of people :-p)

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Hpt4254 42 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Pro110 Pro 110fd Pro 110fd Tv Pro110 Kuro 50 Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Th 50px75u 50 Inch 720p Plasma Hdtv , Playstation 3 160gb System
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page