Master Burn-In/IR/Break In Thread Part II: All Posts Here Only - Page 183 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5461 of 5464 Old 01-14-2015, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
^ I'm going to do this starting right now! That's just more reason for me to start watching Archer.

Anyhow, thanks for the reassuring advice. Hopefully this isn't permanent. When in using the Sammy grey scroll, the IR I'm seeing is faint white if near the edges of the screen, while any IR in the center is a faint/light pink or very light brown. I thought the latter colors might be an indication of burn-in, but I'll give it a month or so before I make that conclusion.

I just bought my father an LG 60PB6650 plasma, but I'll be sure to take every precaution with the settings on that TV to avoid this crap mine is having.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5462 of 5464 Old 01-14-2015, 06:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 111
^In additon to that, don't use Dynamic mode for normal viewing - this will cause image retention with almost anything. Standard mode should be plenty bright at it's normal settings to suffice any room.

Klipsch RF-62 II HT System
SVS Ultra
Marantz SR7008
Emotiva XPA-5
Samsung PN64F8500
Panasonic 65VT30 (Master Bedroom)
post #5463 of 5464 Old 01-16-2015, 02:17 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandy58 View Post
Well I started a new thread on this from my phone without seeing this sticky. So I have a ST60 that I primarily use for gaming. I have had it for a year and a half and never did a break in on it. I have probably only put 100 hours into it up until Monday when I noticed that one of the games I play decided to retain the hub into the TV as this hub does not go away. I have run the screen wipe and I think it dimmed it but only just a little. I purchased the WOW disc and ran the pixel tool for 11 hours over night, I am not sure if it really did anything. I have also kept it on playing nothing but movies for 15 hours a day for the past couple of days. When playing the movies should I bump the contrast up? When the IR happened the contrast was set at 44. Anything else I should be doing? Tonight I did the wow disc for about two hours and now it is playing non stop HD Encore. The IR is only visible one a light back screen not on a dark screen.
Put that puppy in vivid and load up some fullscreen content - and make sure it's truly fullscreen. It will go away with some time, don't worry about it. Stay away from the game until it dissappears.
Thanks! I actually just looked at my timer and I have 1159 hours into the panel which is more than I thought. Hopefully with time it goes away
post #5464 of 5464 Old 01-16-2015, 06:59 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Well running pixel flipper on vivid now. Should be home around 6, hopefully it will help!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Hpt4254 42 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Pro110 Pro 110fd Pro 110fd Tv Pro110 Kuro 50 Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Th 50px75u 50 Inch 720p Plasma Hdtv , Playstation 3 160gb System
Gear in this thread